* Why is GoDaddy website hosting so slow 50KB/sec to 90KB/sec?

My home internet connection is 90MB/sec download and 10MB/sec upload. I have a website hosted with Godaddy.com and whenever I upload a file to later download it, I get 50KB/sec to 90KB/sec download speed and my upload speed to that website is 1MB/sec. Is this industry standard? If not, what other hosting providers are out there that provide faster download and upload speeds for website hosting needs like mine? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by aatayyab View Post
    My home internet connection is 90MB/sec download and 10MB/sec upload. I have a website hosted with Godaddy.com and whenever I upload a file to later download it, I get 50KB/sec to 90KB/sec download speed and my upload speed to that website is 1MB/sec. Is this industry standard? If not, what other hosting providers are out there that provide faster download and upload speeds for website hosting needs like mine? Thanks!
    The fact you are connected to a 90 MB/s internet as you said (This is almost 1 Gbps).

Doesn't mean, you will be served with this speed.

There are many factors, such as route congestion, remote user peak, carriers limiting (per session) and so on.

In fact, a faster connection doesn't means it will necessarily be faster always.
    Mark
    IT / software / infrastructure / security projectist.
    Specializing in datacenter environments and threat mitigation.
    Your success, is our success !

3. They might be capping certain type of downloads, better ask them.
    It's not an industry standard and check the offer section for providers.
    Hostabulous | cPanel (Linux) & Plesk (Windows) Hosting KVM VPS R1Soft backups | Proudly Canadian
    Cloudflare LiteSpeed Cloudlinux Remote backups Anti-Spam Web App Firewall Canada/US/Germany

Why is GoDaddy website hosting so slow 50KB/sec to 90KB/sec?

where are you ? in US ? OR other country. GoDADDY in us.if your IP in other country,then maybe will be more slow. or you can ask the servicer.

There can be many factors. Tracert your website from your computer.

run
    tracert www.website.com
    from cmd and send results to host they'll help you to figure out the issue.
    Looking around for some time
    PM me for Website Design and Web Development Work.

Feel happy at least you get 90MB/s in Australia fastest I can get is 20MB/s download and 1MB/s upload (if that, we are so left behind when the internet comes around)

Don't relate the speed of your internet to a webserver as they can be totally different in terms of performance & speed.

GoDaddy, though, really? If you are expecting fast speeds on an unlimited service you may want to consider moving.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Wow . Your home connection is pretty fast

Quote Originally Posted by MAXZEUS View Post
    The fact you are connected to a 90 MB/s internet as you said (This is almost 1 Gbps).

Doesn't mean, you will be served with this speed.

There are many factors, such as route congestion, remote user peak, carriers limiting (per session) and so on.

In fact, a faster connection doesn't means it will necessarily be faster always.
    This is correct.

There can be many reasons why the speed is different. Here are a few:

- Distance. If you are in Europe and the server is in USA you can't expect to push to the limit of your broadband plan.
    - Don't buy what your broadband provider says. They can advertise 1Gbps for $10/mth just for the sake of marketing but they will definitely limit your usage in some ways. Home broadband is cheap for a reason.
    - GoDaddy capped the bandwidth.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates

Have you tried doing a speed test during another timing?
    HostWithLove.com - World Class Hosting Personalized - 9 Locations Across 4 Continents
    Fully Managed Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated and Dedicated Servers
    cPanel/WHM | CloudLinux | LiteSpeed | MariaDB | R1Soft CDP | SpamExperts Outbound Filtering
    Locations: Dallas, Los Angeles, Lansing, Orlando, Sao Paulo, Amsterdam, London, New Delhi and Hong Kong

Maybe you would like to provide an URL of a big enough file on you site for speed testing for anyone who want to try.
    I am in Taiwan and I'm considering to buy Godaddy's service
    Last edited by spammehere; 10-28-2013 at 07:58 AM.

Why don't you try going to www.speedtest.net and doing speed tests from cities around the host so you can see if the speed issue if your broadband/international connectivity.