Where to buy? US or Europe?And how big?

Hi guys, this is my first post...first post first question .
    I need to buy my first VPS, in order to run my customers websites.
    Right now i have 4 Wordpress based sites with low monthly traffic (combined: 2000 visitors/mo...they are portfolios), and i'm making 2 more web stores, each one running zen cart (i'm thinking at something like 2000 visitors/mo each, during the first 2 months).
    What kind of resources do you think i will need?

Another problem...my customers are all italian...i was thinking about Future Hosts (UK datacenter), but I feel like i'd trust much more Known Hosts...the problem is that they only have US based servers.
    Will the increase in ping times affect the visitors web experience?

Do you have more suggestions besides the 2 providers above?
    What i absolutely need is a managed service (so i can make good dreams ).

Budget is around 100€/130$ per month.

Okay because your visitors from Italy, probably an Europe service would be better for you.
    Your budget is high for a VPS, you even can get a good dedicated server. but because you don't have much visitors, I believe you can get for much cheaper.
    what kind of OS you want to have?
    Cloudzy
    Cheap Windows VPS | Linux VPS | Bitcoin VPS | Forex VPS
    Accept Credit Cards, PayPal, PerfectMoney, CryotoCurrency and Bitcoin
    In business for more than 14 years - Since 2008

Because most of your visitors are from Italy, I would recommend:
    For VPS: Prometeus.net
    For Dedi: Seflow.net

I've been with FutureHosting for 4 years.....the service is excellent!

If you want EU based then they're a perfect fit!

Quote Originally Posted by betaman View Post
    Hi guys, this is my first post...first post first question .
    I need to buy my first VPS, in order to run my customers websites.
    Right now i have 4 Wordpress based sites with low monthly traffic (combined: 2000 visitors/mo...they are portfolios), and i'm making 2 more web stores, each one running zen cart (i'm thinking at something like 2000 visitors/mo each, during the first 2 months).
    What kind of resources do you think i will need?

Another problem...my customers are all italian...i was thinking about Future Hosts (UK datacenter), but I feel like i'd trust much more Known Hosts...the problem is that they only have US based servers.
    Will the increase in ping times affect the visitors web experience?

Do you have more suggestions besides the 2 providers above?

Budget is around 100€/130$ per month.

It is best to get a dedicated server instead so you have room to grow since you are planning to add more store sites and since you have a good budget.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

For the budget you have I will suggest you getting a "regular/decent" VPS (20-30 EUR) per month and see how the things will go. If there is a need later you will be able to upgrade it anytime you want and you will save some money too.
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

Well guys, thanks for your replies.
    @net: I don't need a dedicated server (for now) because i'd waste my budget by leaving it without any kind of load to justify the expense.
    @Hannan: Linux so i know how to manage it (even if i want a managed service as an "emergency's backbone"), i don't care about the distro.

Do you think 1 GB RAM will be enough for now?

1Gb will be good for start for 4 wordpress sites.
    Of course it depends on the WP sites, how many plugins and how much traffic they get, but generally you should be allright.
    Regarding choosing a VPS - your budget is on the high-end systems. As someone said, you can start slowly with a cheaper VPS (yes, the 1 GHz should do nicely).
    Consider a provider in Germany or Italy. The closer to your customers you are, the better for them it is.

Umh I would exclude Italy because i've had a very bad experience with one important host, and generally network services are expensive compared to the rest of Europe (bandwidth is like gold in Italy ).

Germany...any suggestions for companies which use datacenters in the land of beer (i don't know any provider from there)?

In your case I'd also recommend a European host.

http://www.edis.at/en/server/kvm-vps/italy/ might be interesting for you.

It's not managed :/...

It's not managed :/...
    sorry, my bad then. in this case they are probably not an option

Umh I would exclude Italy because i've had a very bad experience with one important host, and generally network services are expensive compared to the rest of Europe (bandwidth is like gold in Italy ).

Germany...any suggestions for companies which use datacenters in the land of beer (i don't know any provider from there)?
    I'd reconsider Prometeus/Iperweb who's actually running their network out of the local campus exchange. They've managed to keep bandwidth costs sane.

They also have a new iwStack cloud thing which will let you manage your VM sizes better. Each VM comes with 1TB bandwidth so I don't think your wordpress sites are going to stress it at all.

Another vote for Prometeus. This Italian host is incredibly good. Blazing fast nodes without one single downtime in a year but friendly fast support.

Quote Originally Posted by Speadge View Post
    Another vote for Prometeus. This Italian host is incredibly good. Blazing fast nodes without one single downtime in a year but friendly fast support.
    This is my bad. As much as my Prometeus servers tend to be hands-off, I missed the part where the OP requested

So with that in mind, I rescind the recommendation for Prometeus. They're strictly unmanaged.

Yep I'll keep Prometheus in mind but in this case i need a managed service, because I am too busy to give it a potential 100% of my time.

You can try to contact them, they should have solution for you.
    vhosting-it.com
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT