None US Web Host

Hi, I'm currently looking for a webhosting company that is based outside the US. Can anybody recommend a nice one

Would recommend
    Saetrevik Network ENK

Surrey, BC
    Which region outside the US are you looking for?

Where outside the US?
    How much diskspace?
    How much bandwidth?

There are many UK based hosting provider like,
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - Web Hosting Tutorials

I would prefer webhost that are based in the Netherlands, Sweden ....countries with strict privacy laws

Quote Originally Posted by tasdevil View Post
    I would prefer webhost that are based in the Netherlands, Sweden ....countries with strict privacy laws
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe what you are looking for, more specifically, would be an "off-shore hosting provider". There are plenty of them in the Shared Hosting Offers section. However you may want to let us know your budget as well as resources requirements so anyone with ample experience can suggest a few names for your consideration.

The only one I have found so far is altushost
    , but when I googled for some reviews it seems they have a very bad service :-( I was hoping of something like them. At the moment I use godaddy...., but I want a website host that is based in Sweden or the Netherlands

May I ask why are you looking for an offshore host?

There are many US providers that provide off shore servers for SEO purposes. It doesn't really make a difference whether the host itself is located in the US or not. It's the server location that counts, if ranking in Google in some particular country is what you want to achieve.

If you have other reasons, I would recommend you to be careful. It doesn't matter where the host is, if you upload stuff you shouldn't be hosting you can still be liable and your site can be shut down. The UK and Netherlands have a good track record for working hand in hand with US authorities.

KL, Malaysia

You can just search it out from the shared hosting offer in WHT or search "offshore hosting" in google. There will be many options for you to choose.

Thank You

Hi, I'm currently looking for a webhosting company that is based outside the US. Can anybody recommend a nice one
    I would probably recommend, or as i have used both, and both are very very good.

Kepler 62f
    EuroVPS is in Amsterdam (Netherlands)
    Baltic Servers is in Lithuania.
    Both are excellent hosts with everything from shared to dedicated.

Try one of those.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives

Lafayette, IN
    You can search for web hosting companies via their country via

Specificity for Sweden here is a list to look off of -

Please keep in mind this is not a complete and comprehensive list, but it is somewhere you can start your search. I would recommend looking up reviews on all your top picks and find a company that will best mesh with your specific needs and requirements
    Touch Support, Inc.
    Colocation | Dedicated Servers | Cloud VPS | Server Administration | End-User Support
    █ USA and European Union Based Support | Chicago, IL Data Center Location
    Contact Us! | 1.888.45.TOUCH

New York
    why not check the offers section here at WHT, I am sure you will get one.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

What kind of content you have to host? any kind of sports streaming links or movie links etc?
    Openvz SolusVm VPS DDOS Protected Canada & Romania
    Dedicated Servers And Satellite Dish Colocation with 1Gbps For IPTV
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Orlando, Florida
    The only offshore shared web hosting I know of is Alibaba Host.

195 is UK based and they seems to be good

You need offshore hosting? - Since 2012. Web Hosting, VPS and Dedicated Servers in more than 10 locations
    Locations: USA, Netherlands, France, Germany, UK, Canada, Czech, Singapore, Japan, Australia, Russia & Ukraine.
    24/7 Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee | Linux and Windows

Sweden is also closely working with US authorities. Sometimes it seems that even taking instructions from US/UK. They've got this thing called FRA law, which allows their intelligence agencies to to spy on anyone, so I wouldn't talk about "strict privacy laws".
    Last edited by nettiapina; 11-19-2013 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Quoting wrong user

I moved to Altushost soon 2 months ago and the best service I ever have. Quick setup and always there to help 24/7 They helped me with stuff that I believe is not there issue when I crashed one of my site,plug in issues so was my dev problem but they really work for hours to help me,and I have to admit,more then one time lol.I like to push buttons to see what happens haha. I would say outstanding service and NOOOO I dont work there. And btw the price for what I did get I can not find anywere else. I have vps in Sweden and It works great.