1. According to some opinions stride is irrelevant for hardware raid. Is that so?
2. In MegaCli we can get with -LdPdInfo the "stripe size". Is this the chunk-size or stripe size for the entire stripe set?
3. In raid-10 how many data containing devices do we consider for calculations? 2 or 4? According to some materials it is 2.
4. How do we find if the block size of the raid device is 512 bytes or 4k? A fdisk -l on the raid device is enough?
5. Is there some authority material that defines very clearly and exactly all the various notions like stripe size, stripe width, stride, chunk etc?