Thread: CSF Problem

CSF Problem

Hello every body,

i have a dedicated server and installed a VPS on it using Openvz. it's alright till now. whem i tried to install csf on this vps i got a problem with LFD it cannot be start i google the error and found some modifications on iptables after i made that i got this error

[email protected] [/]# csf restart
    You have an unresolved error when starting csf:
    Error: iptables command [/sbin/iptables -v -A LOGDROPIN -p tcp -m limit --limit 30/m --limit-burst 5 -j LOG --log-prefix 'Firewall: *TCP_IN Blocked* '] failed, you appear to be missing a required iptables module, at line 614 in /usr/sbin/csf

You need to restart csf successfully to remove this warning, or delete /etc/csf/csf.error

and here's the result for "/etc/csf/csftest.pl"

[email protected] [/]# /etc/csf/csftest.pl
    Testing ip_tables/iptable_filter...OK
    Testing ipt_LOG...FAILED [FATAL Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for csf to function
    Testing ipt_multiport/xt_multiport...FAILED [FATAL Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for csf to function
    Testing ipt_REJECT...OK
    Testing ipt_state/xt_state...FAILED [FATAL Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for csf to function
    Testing ipt_limit/xt_limit...FAILED [FATAL Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for csf to function
    Testing ipt_recent...FAILED [Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for PORTFLOOD and PORTKNOCKING features
    Testing xt_connlimit...FAILED [Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for CONNLIMIT feature
    Testing ipt_owner/xt_owner...FAILED [Error: iptables: No chain/target/match by that name.] - Required for SMTP_BLOCK and UID/GID blocking features
    Testing iptable_nat/ipt_REDIRECT...OK
    Testing iptable_nat/ipt_DNAT...OK

RESULT: csf will not function on this server due to FATAL errors from missing modules [4]

can any one help me?

3. Yup you are missing modules, above link should work
    Hostabulous | cPanel (Linux) & Plesk (Windows) Hosting KVM VPS R1Soft backups | Proudly Canadian
    Cloudflare LiteSpeed Cloudlinux Remote backups Anti-Spam Web App Firewall Canada/US/Germany

Hi guys,

Thanks a lot that work but after i made that when i try to run csf i got this error

[email protected] [/]# csf restart
    You have an unresolved error when starting csf:
    Error: iptables command [/sbin/iptables -v -A LOGDROPIN -p tcp -m limit --limit 30/m --limit-burst 5 -j LOG --log-prefix 'Firewall: *TCP_IN Blocked* '] failed, you appear to be missing a required iptables module, at line 614 in /usr/sbin/csf

You need to restart csf successfully to remove this warning, or delete /etc/csf/csf.error

here's the result of " /etc/csf/csftest.pl "
    [email protected] [/]# /etc/csf/csftest.pl
    Testing ip_tables/iptable_filter...OK
    Testing ipt_LOG...OK
    Testing ipt_multiport/xt_multiport...OK
    Testing ipt_REJECT...OK
    Testing ipt_state/xt_state...OK
    Testing ipt_limit/xt_limit...OK
    Testing ipt_recent...OK
    Testing xt_connlimit...OK
    Testing ipt_owner/xt_owner...OK
    Testing iptable_nat/ipt_REDIRECT...OK
    Testing iptable_nat/ipt_DNAT...OK

RESULT: csf should function on this server

Did you try to reinstall CSF after loading module? If not, try a reinstall and see how it goes!