Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    755

    How can I integrate these systems?

    I am going to make my web hosting site.But it needs to have some detection system in it:

    First of all when a visitor comes to my site and goes to buy a package he will have to make a profile for his current and future payments.During profile making I want my website to detect which country he is visiting the site from and what is that country's currency and than show it on the profile information automatically.The visitor won't be able to change the currency or country.


    Whenever a customer tries to pay he has to login to his profile and go to the billing section.The billing section has to detect the country and currency from his profile info automatically.

    Incase if a customer moves to another country he will have to request the admin for change.Than only the admin will be able to change the information of country and currency in his profile.


    This whole system will be for 1 of my 3 packages.The other 2 package's payment will be ordinary,country and currency won't be set automatically for those 2 packages.How can I integrate these system into a website?Any help is appreciated.
    Last edited by sameev29; 10-25-2013 at 01:06 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    U.S.A.
    Posts
    3,911
    Quote Originally Posted by sameev29 View Post
    I am going to make my web hosting site.But it needs to have some detection system in it:

    First of all when a visitor comes to my site and goes to buy a package he will have to make a profile for his current and future payments.During profile making I want my website to detect which country he is visiting the site from and what is that country's currency and than show it on the profile information automatically.The visitor won't be able to change the currency or country.


    Whenever a customer tries to pay he has to login to his profile and go to the billing section.The billing section has to detect the country and currency from his profile info automatically.

    Incase if a customer moves to another country he will have to request the admin for change.Than only the admin will be able to change the information of country and currency in his profile.


    This whole system will be for 1 of my 3 packages.The other 2 package's payment will be ordinary,country and currency won't be set automatically for those 2 packages.How can I integrate these system into a website?Any help is appreciated.
    I am a little bit confused on the signup process.

    1. Customer chooses package to order.
    2. Customer is forced to signup and during this time country is automatically detected & assigned to correct currency.

    Why shouldn't the customer select his/her preference. If I was living in Europe, then I may still prefer to use Dollars.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    11,521
    What's the benefit to have it use the currency of which the user resides? I'm not sure I understand the logic here and it seems like too much work for no added benefit?

    Help me understand the value add in this feature?
    Doug, Sales Leader
    VPS | KVM SSD & SATA VPS | Dedicated Servers | Colocation
    99.999% Uptime | 24x7x365 Support | Global Data Centers
    www.bigbrainglobal.com | Big Brain Global Networks

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    What's the benefit to have it use the currency of which the user resides? I'm not sure I understand the logic here and it seems like too much work for no added benefit?

    Help me understand the value add in this feature?
    I can't say the value.

    But I need to have this system.DO you if its possible?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by @Matt View Post
    I am a little bit confused on the signup process.

    1. Customer chooses package to order.
    2. Customer is forced to signup and during this time country is automatically detected & assigned to correct currency.

    Why shouldn't the customer select his/her preference. If I was living in Europe, then I may still prefer to use Dollars.
    You just gave me a good tip.

    The system will automatically detect the country and correct currency.It will be shown by default.If the customer want to change currency he will only be able to pay in US Dollars or Euro.These are the 2 major currencies worldwide.And I could also add a few more major if its necessary.

    The question still remains,how can I make this system?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,728
    It's an easy enough process to put together a basic script that will collect the IP address of the visitor, match it to a country table and currency. However the flaw is that the location of the IP does not always reflect the location of the customer. More and more are using VPN or other cloaking to prevent you knowing where they are really from. Not always for dark reasons.

    But it still makes no sense, if someone signs up from India, China, Russia, Australia, South Africa or many others, how can you possibly detect and set the default currency for that person when the only options are USD and EUR?

    For all people that use a currency other than USD and EUR the decision on which to pay in will be determined by the exchange rate, not you.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lee~ View Post
    It's an easy enough process to put together a basic script that will collect the IP address of the visitor, match it to a country table and currency. However the flaw is that the location of the IP does not always reflect the location of the customer. More and more are using VPN or other cloaking to prevent you knowing where they are really from. Not always for dark reasons.

    But it still makes no sense, if someone signs up from India, China, Russia, Australia, South Africa or many others, how can you possibly detect and set the default currency for that person when the only options are USD and EUR?

    For all people that use a currency other than USD and EUR the decision on which to pay in will be determined by the exchange rate, not you.
    You have misunderstood me.I meant that the system will detect the country and the currency used in that country.On my earlier post I was saying that if someone doesn't want to pay in his country's currency than I will keep the option to pay in US Dollars or Euro.

    About what you said about IP cloaking.Someone could try that as its possible,is there any fool proof way to really detect which country he is in?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,728
    Of course, if they visit the site and you detect a UK IP then they enter a US address then clearly something is not right, but of course you won't know which is correct, the IP or the address, is it fraud or a genuine client, that is what you need to determine.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lee~ View Post
    Of course, if they visit the site and you detect a UK IP then they enter a US address then clearly something is not right, but of course you won't know which is correct, the IP or the address, is it fraud or a genuine client, that is what you need to determine.
    Is there any way to determine this?

    I really need this system,else I won't be able to start.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,728
    There is only so much a 'system' can do, an efficient method is to use something like WHMCS and the maxmind fraud system, it does all of what you want and more. You could also integrate fraudrecord.

    Ultimately though, there is only so much a system can do, a lot of providers will tell you there is no substitute for manual checking. I see all the time addresses that just simply do not match.

    You need a combination of system and person to get the best results.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    755
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Lee~ View Post
    There is only so much a 'system' can do, an efficient method is to use something like WHMCS and the maxmind fraud system, it does all of what you want and more. You could also integrate fraudrecord.

    Ultimately though, there is only so much a system can do, a lot of providers will tell you there is no substitute for manual checking. I see all the time addresses that just simply do not match.

    You need a combination of system and person to get the best results.
    Thanks man.I will let you know how it all goes.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    755
    Anyone else have any thoughts or suggestion about this?Even little help is appreciated.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM
  2. Why not integrate everything?
    By FRH Lisa in forum Hosting Software and Control Panels
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 04-18-2013, 07:32 PM
  3. Systems Administration for all *NIX systems
    By asciiDigital in forum Systems Management Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-23-2011, 04:21 PM
  4. Any CMS systems that integrate with VBulliten?
    By Jhorra in forum Programming Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:18 PM
  5. Trying to integrate phpCoin
    By chumpman in forum Web Design and Content
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2004, 10:13 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •