Just purchased a OpenVZ Cent 6 OS VPS - can i use this as a VPN?

title says it all, i followed a guide but it didn't work for me...

i emailed the hosting site to ask them to enable TUN and PPP, is there anyway I can put either Open VPN or pptp vpn on this vps?

help is very much appreciated!

They need to enable tun module first in the main node.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Also if your provider uses a Management panel like SoluVM you should be able to
    enable the support for your container yourself inside the User control panel.

Cheers
    Multiple Locations, Services & Solutions for your Needs since 2005 !!
    www.increhost.com | sales[@]increhost.net | WeServers!
    █ GTalk: increhost[@] | Skype: increhost | MSN: sales[@]increhost.net

Quote Originally Posted by Increhost View Post
    Also if your provider uses a Management panel like SoluVM you should be able to
    enable the support for your container yourself inside the User control panel.

Cheers
    Needs to still be loaded on the HW node first, then you can use the control panel to enable/disable in solusvm.

Quote Originally Posted by @Matt View Post
    Needs to still be loaded on the HW node first, then you can use the control panel to enable/disable in solusvm.
    yes, of course !
    Multiple Locations, Services & Solutions for your Needs since 2005 !!
    www.increhost.com | sales[@]increhost.net | WeServers!
    █ GTalk: increhost[@] | Skype: increhost | MSN: sales[@]increhost.net

Sure you can. Which guide did you follow? There are many here on WHT that have worked perfectly fine.

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

I tried to get OpenVPN Acces Server running on a OpenVZ VPS. I enabled everything that needed to be enabled, nothing worked. After that I installed it on a KVM VPS and got it running withing 5 minutes, without any trouble.

I am not allowed to post links here, basically the guide i tried didn't work, could somebody post a guide here that works for openvz centos 6? help is very much appreciated!

Also, how to i reset my vpn to it's original state? I followed a guide on how tp configure a vpn but it didn't work so i want to undo all the settings that were changed

If your host isn't responding fast about enabling TUN/TAP / PPP or you're having trouble installing your VPN you could just tunnel over SSH.

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    If your host isn't responding fast about enabling TUN/TAP / PPP or you're having trouble installing your VPN you could just tunnel over SSH.
    they told me tun/tap and ppp is enabled

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky0 View Post
    they told me tun/tap and ppp is enabled
    Than you can install VPN software.
    CloudRck.com - Host on Cloudrck
    Unmetered VPS Solutions at it's finest

give me the instruction please to install vpn I am newbie

Quote Originally Posted by cloudrck View Post
    Than you can install VPN software.
    ive tried installing pptp and openvpn but both the guides i followed exactly didn't work.

to try another guide will i need to reset the settings i changed/installed to prevent problems?

Quote Originally Posted by 19881024 View Post

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1024872 OpenVPN WHT instructions

Also be sure you use iptables to route the traffic.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

If you know very little - please read, read & read. If the previous advice somehow “fails”, follow this guide:
    How to Install PPTP VPN Server on CentOS 6.x

Regards,
    -k0nsl

Quote Originally Posted by 19881024 View Post
    Follow me on Twitter: k0nsl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanky0 View Post
    to try another guide will i need to reset the settings i changed/installed to prevent problems?
    If you're not sure how to reverse whatever you've changed, and since it's a new VPS anyway, I'd suggest reloading it and starting from a fresh install.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Just remember, you're using venet0 instead of eth0.

Quote Originally Posted by KeenInvestor View Post
    Just remember, you're using venet0 instead of eth0.
    thanks for the help, i just followed the first guide and got stuck, so i tried the second guide posted here and connected to the vpn successfully..

however the connection speed is extremely slow, i did a speedtest and it showed

0.111 Mb/s download
    0.499 Mb/s upload

websites take ages to load and i cannot stream on youtube... is this to do with the vps or the guide?

i have a 10mbps connection and have tried other VPN's in the past that drop the 10mbps to about 8 or 9..

help is much appreciated!

Re: Just purchased a OpenVZ Cent 6 OS VPS - can i use this as a VPN?

How far are you from where the vpn server is located? Routing between you and the vpn server is important.. you must pick a location that has good routing to you.
    Owned-Networks
    VPS & Dedicated
    Lenoir, NC Dallas TX Los Angeles, CA Seattle, WA New York City, NY Miami, FL
    owned-networks.net English, Spanish & French Support

Quote Originally Posted by ndelaespada View Post
    How far are you from where the vpn server is located? Routing between you and the vpn server is important.. you must pick a location that has good routing to you.
    VPS is in U.K

I am in China..

I know it's far but i have connected to other VPN's in the u.k and US which are no way near as slow..