hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Managed Hosting @ RackShack ?

Forum Jump

Managed Hosting @ RackShack ?

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old

Question

Managed Hosting @ RackShack ?

Would you guys/gals use Rackshack if they were to offer managed servers ? Why yes or why not ?

Anybody have an idea how much more RS would charge per server if it were managed ?

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Master

Just my opinion, but companies should stick to core business. If you're going to be the McDonalds of dedicated server's, don't try to sell Filet-Mignon (?Spelling?).

Just my 0.02

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by AKavanaugh
Just my opinion, but companies should stick to core business. If you're going to be the McDonalds of dedicated server's, don't try to sell Filet-Mignon (?Spelling?).
That's usually true. However, if the company is big enough it doesn't apply. Look at Microsoft. They're big enough to force their way into any market they want. It will be interesting to see how this works out for Rackshack.

Sponsored Links
Old

well didnt HS mentioned something about some sort of additional support, or something like that? ( last announcment )

Old
Corporate Member

RackShack will be providing Managed hosting near the end of this summer, that was a part of the big announcement earlier if I'm not mistaken.

Solid State Disks | R1Soft Daily Backups | Softaculous | SpamTitan

Old
Web Hosting Master

The announcement was Ensim/CPanel related. The managed service they are still considering how to approach it.

Old
Web Hosting Guru

Actually, he (headsurfer) also talked about offering managed servers. He said they would offer a product of comparable quality to rackspace, but at a much lower price.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Good luck, thats all I can say.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

Servers like Rackspace's with more affordable prices, that would be awsome.. they should really make an effort to do that, if they have so many clients already, I can't imagine how many more they can get by offering managed servers.......
And we need that kind of host..

Old
Web Hosting Master

with that many tech support they have, managed solution wouldn't be a problem. If they do offer managed solution and it turn out good, it will put great pressure on other provider such as nocster, DN etc..

Old
Web Hosting Master

I would think rack shack would need to hire more techs experienced customer support reps in order to offer true managed support on the level of rack space or a few other providers.

Managed and Unmanaged Cloud and Dedicated Servers in North Carolina, Dallas TX and Germany!

Old
Junior Guru

If Rackshack offered managed servers, I would use them. Simple as that.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by JP.
If Rackshack offered managed servers, I would use them. Simple as that.
I would buy a machine or there two if it had some decent 'semi-management' (port monitoring, kernel upgrades)

I've heard enough about their great network, and considering WHT is hosted there, I can say I never really see it (WHT) down. I have before, but not for more than a few seconds (excluding the lag/down from MS SQL worm..)

I'm premium, and no, I did not have to pay $6 a month to figure that out.

Old
Junior Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by DarktidesNET
I would buy a machine or there two if it had some decent 'semi-management' (port monitoring, kernel upgrades)
Honestly I don't even know what level of support they're offering now -- I've just heard horror stories of being told that reformatting is the only option. If I don't have physical access to a server, I'd at least like to have remote hands that can take a look at it and fix it up without huge hourly fees.

Quote:

I've heard enough about their great network, and considering WHT is hosted there, I can say I never really see it (WHT) down. I have before, but not for more than a few seconds (excluding the lag/down from MS SQL worm..)

Yup, that's why I'd sign up for managed (or semi-managed) hosting with them in a heartbeat.

Old
Junior Guru Wannabe

If rackshack offered managed servers, I'd definitely put them on the list of considerations... I'm already planning on getting a managed server in the fall for an ecommerce site that is currently on a rackshack server. I don't need lots of hand holding, but if something breaks and I can't fix it myself, I wouldn't want to hear a restore is the only option.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Media Temple Relaunches Managed VPS Hosting Product Web Hosting News 2014-09-24 13:20:01
Codero Hosting Launches Proactive Managed Hosting Service Web Hosting News 2014-07-29 15:10:13
Netsimplify Listing 2014-10-20 19:46:45
Hostway Corporation Listing 2014-10-20 19:44:23
ViUX.com - Managed Cloud Hosting Listing 2014-10-20 19:43:55