Hello,

My name is Tom Whiting. I've been doing business here and there for a number of years, and am looking to expand my horizons a bit, and to make a bit of money while doing so.

A bit about me:
I've been working with MySQL, php based programming for 12 years. Starting in 2000, with a game (MUD) conversion, I picked up and haven't ever stopped.

As well, I've been involved in Linux in one form or another for close to 20 years now. Starting around 95 or so, I began working on a telnet based BBS, designed specifically for Linux, and learned a good deal of troubleshooting from then on.

I've been working online in one form or another since around '95 and have spent the last 10 years of my life making a living solely off of my own online business, managing and monitoring servers, providing support assistance, development, wherever my talents are needed among clients.

What I'm looking for :
Ideally, a full time position either doing remote administration, support, or development with a company would be great. Part time works as well. One off jobs will definitely be considered. As far as salary / price, this will completely and totally depend on the work needed, but full time work would start around $20-$25 / hr
Experience:
cPanel / WHM - 10+ years of debugging issues, passing them on to cPanel if necessary, programming and development there

Linux - close to 20 years at this point, running mostly RH versions, but some slackware, mandrake experience, etc. A good portion of that was me running Linux strictly (no Win boxes at all at the time)

Windows - From a PC perspective, better than 30 years. From an administrative perspective, just a few months. I'm certainly no "pro" when it comes to windows servers

Programming - From the age of 8-10 (about 30 years now), I've been involved in programming in one form or another. Currently spending a good bit of time focusing on php/mysql projects, but nothing major

Software - Too much to name, but just a few here:
  1. vBulletin
  2. XenForo
  3. Wordpress
  4. SMF
  5. phpBB
  6. WHMCS

There are, of course, many, many more here. Far too many to list, even. If you have questions, ask away

What others have said:
Take a look here, here, here, here, here, here, here, on freelancer, and through the various threads and whatnot linked here to see what customers have said about both me and my services.

Thanks for reading this. If you find something that interests you, please don't hesitate to contact me via any of the following methods:

AIM: twhiting9275
email: tom -=at=- linux-tech -=dot=- net
phone: 866-546-8914 - Preferred at this time for all non development stuff.

or you could drop me a PM and I'll respond, though that might be a bit slow, since I don't login daily here (though lately I have been)