Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Serial Console on solusvm

Hi

Can you advice which version of java must be installed to view and manage SolusVM's Serial Console tool.

If i try to download "Version 7 Update 45 Java" from http://java.com/en/download/index.jsp, i got an error it i try to click on "Create Session".

Java Plug-in 10.45.2.18
    Using JRE version 1.7.0_45-b18 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
    User home directory = C:\****
    ----------------------------------------------------
    c: clear console window
    f: finalize objects on finalization queue
    g: garbage collect
    h: display this help message
    l: dump classloader list
    m: print memory usage
    o: trigger logging
    q: hide console
    r: reload policy configuration
    s: dump system and deployment properties
    t: dump thread list
    v: dump thread stack
    x: clear classloader cache
    0-5: set trace level to <n>
    ----------------------------------------------------
    If i uninstall i cannt view any console. May be i'm using wrong java version?

Any advice!
    Your Health Encyclopedia
    Medical and health consumer information resources containing comprehensive and unbiased information in patient-friendly language

You can just use SSH instead. Check what IP it connects to (it will be the host node, not your VPS IP), and connect to that IP over SSH using your serial console username and password.

The serial console its down, we also have the same exact problem.
    Talked yesterday with solusvm support they say it will be fix in a few days.
    Offshore Hosting & High Privacy in Panama
    Cloud Servers & Shared Web Hosting | Daily Backups | 99.9% Uptime
    www.OffshoreRacks.com

Quote Originally Posted by OffshoreRacks View Post
    Yup, got the same reply from them... this is causing a major set back for my clients... as when the OS crashes our clients cannot console into it to figure out the issue.. and we run an un-managed service..... So... hopefully they get their act together.
    TrentaHost INC. || Fully Managed DDoS Protected Services Globally (NA - EU - Asia)
    Reseller Hosting- Pure SSD | Litespeed | Imunify360 | CloudLinux | 24x7 Support | Mailchannels
    Linux & Windows DDoS Protected SSD VPS - cPanel / WHM | DDoS Protection | Let's Encrypt | Pure-SSD
    DDoS Protected Locations : Portland, OR (North America) | Amsterdam, NL (Europe) | Singapore (Asia)

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    You can just use SSH instead. Check what IP it connects to (it will be the host node, not your VPS IP), and connect to that IP over SSH using your serial console username and password.
    Thank you Flapadar :-) i'll try

Code:
    CentOS release 6.4 (Final)
    Kernel 2.6.32-358.0.1.el6.i686 on an i686

mYservER.com login: php[10444]:segfault at bf240c5c ip 081c69e6 sp bf240bf0 error 6 in php[8048000+2be000]
    php[10520]: segfault at bf2d2fe0 ip 081c6f7b sp bf2d2fe0 error 6 in php[8048000+2be000]

So the error that i get isn't on my side? ()
    Your Health Encyclopedia
    Medical and health consumer information resources containing comprehensive and unbiased information in patient-friendly language

No, the problem is with SolusVM. They are aware of it and "Their Senior Admin is working on it". So I was told. I normally SSH into everything, but I started to receive support tickets last night regarding this error. So hopefully they release a patch soon.
    Tyler S.
    TheWareHive.com | Hosting Sites Since 2010

"Problems Of Today, Meet Solutions Of Tomorrow"
    US East ~ Shared, Dedicated & Fully Managed VPS Solutions

Any updates on this?

Moved > Hosting Software and Control Panels .

I thought it was something I setup incorrectly. Luckily I found this thread.

Has it been resolved yet?
    Hostking| Since 2013 | Web Hosting | WordPress Web Hosting
    Domains • Shared • Reseller • VPS • Backups • cPanel

No, still waiting for a solution, solusvm has been very slow on this.
    www.OffshoreRacks.com

I'm also still waiting on a solution for this, it;s kind of frustrating when clients need VNc access and you have to tell them it's not working.
    TrentaHost INC. || Fully Managed DDoS Protected Services Globally (NA - EU - Asia)
    Reseller Hosting- Pure SSD | Litespeed | Imunify360 | CloudLinux | 24x7 Support | Mailchannels
    Linux & Windows DDoS Protected SSD VPS - cPanel / WHM | DDoS Protection | Let's Encrypt | Pure-SSD
    DDoS Protected Locations : Portland, OR (North America) | Amsterdam, NL (Europe) | Singapore (Asia)

Happening with the latest JAVA update. Hope they fix it fast cause there are a lot of complaints. It is a major functionality to have access outside Internet to the servers.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard

we have the same problem, still not fixed!

I believe this has not been fixed yet because there is no update after 1.14.02 (last update on 10 September 2013). Still waiting for the fix...
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

Still not fixed as far as I know. This sucks! Getting really concerned about lack of maintenance updates from Solus. Seems to be just 1 or 2 guys now and they don't seem too interested in maintaining it anymore.

When I file trouble tickets I get responses from guys in India who don't seem to know much about the product.

As per Solusvm they are working to fix this issue and advised to downgrade the java version on our computers. But doesn't the interim solution sound ridiculous since there are other applications too that need higher versions of Java?
    Prashant T.

Don't run after Success. Run after Excellence and Success will soon follow.

I'm sure it will be fixed in v2.0.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    I'm sure it will be fixed in v2.0.
    This was fixed in Virtualizor a release back.
    BTW, any news on SolusVM 2 ? The website seems to be down solusvm2.com
    I wanted to evaluate that when it comes out.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Quote Originally Posted by alex0 View Post
    This was fixed in Virtualizor a release back.
    BTW, any news on SolusVM 2 ? The website seems to be down solusvm2.com
    I wanted to evaluate that when it comes out.
    I loved Virtualizor's interface and structure, but when we evaluated it about 18 months ago we saw horrible performance in the VMs (on very competent hardware) and some issues with some VMs simply failing to start under specific circumstances. So we went with SolusVM.

Anyway, SolusVM 2.0 has been "in the works" for a long while now. If we aren't yet at the point where it's being called vaporware, we've got to be awfully close!

To be honest, if I knew we could easily migrate from SolusVM to Virtualizor, I'd do it. Issues like this are part of the reason why.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

If there is a version 2.0 I doubt there will be any major changes. AFAIK a lot of things that were meant to be major features in 2.0 such as in-built migrations has been put into the current releases, and a few months ago we've seen some fairly major changes to the admin interface.

Could really do with a bugzilla or something to track things like this console issue.

Solusvm 2.0 is a ghost.

I think the problem with solusvm and others is the price!

They should charge more and hire more developers / support staff. I would not mind paying more for a working product, right now I am paying it anyways by a tidal wave of support tickets I have to answer for not having console.
    www.OffshoreRacks.com

Any product based on java applets is dead. Note: I did not say java. I said java applets. Applets do not include enterprise java (j2ee) and desktop java (j2se).

You can point Firefox to any version of java you like. Here are instructions: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/956302

And yes, you can have multiple versions of Java installed on the same machine, but Firefox will use only the one you point it to when following http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/956302

The supposed 'fix' is available in the new Java that was just released but it's a joke. You have to put the url into the new exception list and I can't get it to work half the time. I think maybe you have to move the slider from it's default position down to the bottom as well. Been fiddling with it for 2 days now and still haven't quite figured it out. If I can't figure it out I don't see how my customers will.

I think you need to put in the entire url and not just the root domain. Basically a non-solution if you ask me. May as well just rip that feature out because I am not about to start trying to explain to customers that they have to open up their Java and add some long url to their exclude list and move the slider down and and and.... Just not worth the headache.

I'm not sure how some thing like this isn't resolved almost immediately of it being identified.

They have recently hired more developers too, within the last 6 months after the security fiasco. Not necessarily as a direct result of this, the point is they do have the resources to handle this.

Browser hacks and multiple Java versions installed is a major no, I would never advise this to clients as there's always an elegant and simple solution for every problem.

There's no reason why you can't go Java-less either.
    HostGuard.net - VPS Control Panel
    Automating and monitoring your hosting business.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast