Question Looking for cheap monthly VPS for game server hosting

Hello! I'm looking to get a cheap VPS with good uptime, decent disk space, decent RAM (good enough RAM to either run 2 servers or a server with multiple addons and such installed), and good support I'm willing to go up to a max price of 7 USD. Any recommendations?

I will be hosting servers for the following games:

Garry's Mod
    SA-MP
    Half-Life 1
    Minecraft (optional)

Note: I'm only going to host about 1 or 2 at a time.

Edit: Forgot to mention that I'd like to be able to have a minimum maxplayer count of 6, and max 16

Re: Looking for cheap monthly VPS for game server hosting

You didn't mention any preferred location for he server. The location is quite important for a game server.

Since your budget is quite low you should look for some offers on LowEndBox.

You mentioned you are also looking for good support which would mean managed plan. I don't think you can get a managed server for so low price which means you should go for self managed.

Also remember that game servers, especially Minecraft for example, are very CPU intensive so you should also pay attention to the CPU.
    VPSFlame - OpenVZ & KVM VPS, Web Hosting, Minecraft, Domain Registration
    Denmark | Germany | Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by EasyAsPie View Post
    You didn't mention any preferred location for he server. The location is quite important for a game server.

Since your budget is quite low you should look for some offers on LowEndBox.

You mentioned you are also looking for good support which would mean managed plan. I don't think you can get a managed server for so low price which means you should go for self managed.

Also remember that game servers, especially Minecraft for example, are very CPU intensive so you should also pay attention to the CPU.

Dallas, TX.

I no longer would like MC, by the way.

I am not familiar with any of these titles, have you ever played in a server that was suddenly under attack?
    What I am asking is basically whether your game servers are likely to get DDoSed or not.
    If that's the case you should probably go with a company that provides DDoS mitigation.
    Last edited by gingir; 10-23-2013 at 05:48 AM.

I'm not sure about the rest, but as for Minecraft, you would need 1GB of RAM at least for 16 players.

I'd suggest looking at lowendbox for your budget. Like the other poster said, no chance of support unless you go managed, which is more expensive. Basically with unmanaged you can put a ticket in for the whole vps being down or unresponsive, but any questions on how to setup anything within the OS wouldn't be covered.

Quote Originally Posted by All_Tech_Solutions View Post
    I'd suggest looking at lowendbox for your budget. Like the other poster said, no chance of support unless you go managed, which is more expensive. Basically with unmanaged you can put a ticket in for the whole vps being down or unresponsive, but any questions on how to setup anything within the OS wouldn't be covered.
    Depending on the host!

There's quite a few providers on here that have a better support policy than that, even if "best effort".