Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Why does CAC prevent you, from using the CPU's Purchased-- do you get a refund???

Has anyone here been able to use more than 8 CPU's?

Quote Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
    Seeing the video and advertisement, we bought the cloud pro service with ~32 cpus

1. In trying to build two bigger machines with 16 CPU's each, and purchased the pro service 32 cores - but CAC/pro does NOT allow you to use all your CPUs, since I paid for it they should fix this, else its fraudulent and deceitful.
    2. They changed the terms to say setup up fee rather than hosting - a tactical strategy so they do not have to live up to SLA's
    3. The VM's lockup often and the network side has less than 20kb throughput.
    4. Machines with new images, and no load, slow down.

The cloud at cost - pro is not as transparent as it should be, performance is very inconsistent, beware-- availing and using the services paid for are not a fully a viable option
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by xtasee View Post
    Has anyone here been able to use more than 8 CPU's?
    I ran a docker image and I had a lot more options for deployment, don't remember exactly as I took that image down. I would say try to look into their API (or use their docker image w/ api setup) and see if you can deploy a higher cpu system. Weird that their panel isn't that customizable for resources though
      0 Not allowed!

Affiliate program grand problem!

I'm cloudatcost.com customer. I was subscribed to your affiliate program since last year. But I still didn't got my money! Why?
      0 Not allowed!

Recently purchased 2 developer vps from CAC and ran into some issues. Submitted 2 support tickets with no response so far. Does anyone know if this company is still going or if I should start a refund ticket with paypal?
      0 Not allowed!

The most definitely are still in business, keep in mind you get what you pay for, and when choosing a company such as CAC you shouldn't expect to get much. I wouldn't go the route of Paypal claim, depending on whether they choose to defend themselves there is a 99.999% chance they would win as PayPal does not cover Digital Goods under Buyer Protection; so you'd be wasting your time.

What I do recommend is cancelling your renewal for sure, and hanging in to see if they do respond over time. I am sure they have very limited support staff, especially at the prices they are charging for their services.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ElixantTechnology View Post
    I wouldn't go the route of Paypal claim, depending on whether they choose to defend themselves there is a 99.999% chance they would win as PayPal does not cover Digital Goods under Buyer Protection; so you'd be wasting your time.
    this statement is incorrect, Paypal now does cover digital goods: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1490661
    Small Budget Hosting - Starter Hosting, Advanced Hosting - Reseller Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

I didn't read through all the posts on this thread but I noticed people think this company is a scam but I can tell you they're not. We are in the same facility and I can tell you they have a significant presence and are constantly adding more infrastructure. I've never used their service considering we have our own setup, so I can't attest to the quality but the company does have a team working around the clock and they are not going anywhere.

I'm not affiliate with the company, this is just my opinion from what I've observed while working on our infrastructure at the facility. I hope it helps.
    Right Servers Inc. - Fully Managed VPS and Fully Managed Bare Metal Servers in US & Canada. We want to empower entrepreneurs to grow their business, not their IT headaches. Managed is better.
    High Availability | SSD | DirectAdmin & Softaculous | Daily Backups |Firewall & Security |30 Day Money Back Guarantee
      1 Not allowed!

Hello , i have bought dev2 acc mid august.. So far so good. Any other experience?
      0 Not allowed!

They reply to tickets after 4-5 days. The uptime is good, cpu and ram are ok but the disk is really slow with low iops rate. Use it for private/not important things. However wouldn't seem a scam.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaos1337 View Post
    They reply to tickets after 4-5 days. The uptime is good, cpu and ram are ok but the disk is really slow with low iops rate. Use it for private/not important things. However wouldn't seem a scam.
    Anyone have a good idea what you can actually use the service for?

The disks are too slow for Databases, too slow for websites, too slow for file sharing, too slow for minecraft (overloaded warnings all the time) and even too slow for chat...

To me it all looks like a scam, they throw a ton of customers on VM's on the machines and set the IO so low that the resources can never be used.

Code:
    root@ubuntu:~# ioping -R /

--- / (ext4 /dev/mapper/CAC_VG-CAC_LV) ioping statistics ---
    654 requests completed in 3.6 s, 181 iops, 724.9 KiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 296 us / 5.5 ms / 691.0 ms / 53.9 ms
    root@ubuntu:~# ioping -RL /

55 requests completed in 3.6 s, 15 iops, 3.8 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 2.9 ms / 66.1 ms / 1.8 s / 265.5 ms
    And it's been like this for as long as Cloutatcost have existed.
    Last edited by swedish; 11-15-2015 at 04:10 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by swedish View Post
    Anyone have a good idea what you can actually use the service for?

The disks are too slow for Databases, too slow for websites, too slow for file sharing, too slow for minecraft (overloaded warnings all the time) and even too slow for chat...

To me it all looks like a scam, they throw a ton of customers on VM's on the machines and set the IO so low that the resources can never be used.

Code:
    root@ubuntu:~# ioping -R /

654 requests completed in 3.6 s, 181 iops, 724.9 KiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 296 us / 5.5 ms / 691.0 ms / 53.9 ms
    root@ubuntu:~# ioping -RL /

55 requests completed in 3.6 s, 15 iops, 3.8 MiB/s
    min/avg/max/mdev = 2.9 ms / 66.1 ms / 1.8 s / 265.5 ms
    And it's been like this for as long as Cloutatcost have existed.
    For me, it's working fine (even with low iops) teamspeak, munin and gitlab selfhosted.
      0 Not allowed!

For me, it's working fine (even with low iops) teamspeak, munin and gitlab selfhosted.
    XAMPP server crashes because the IO is so low and sending files to gitlab is excruciating, i wouldn't call it "fine" at all.
      0 Not allowed!

I use the vps with 2gb of ram, actually I had issues with gitlab only with the vps with less ram.
      0 Not allowed!

I use the vps with 2gb of ram, actually I had issues with gitlab only with the vps with less ram.
    My server have 10GB of RAM and a git clone of a 100MB project takes freaking 20 minutes to get down on cloudatcost, compare that to getting the same project from digitalocean takes 20 SECONDS.
      0 Not allowed!

Uhm, if you are experiencing that... I don't have any suggestions :/
      0 Not allowed!

Good to have a local provider anyway
      0 Not allowed!

* Cloudatcost is slow and constantly hangs

Quote Originally Posted by swedish View Post
    My server have 10GB of RAM and a git clone of a 100MB project takes freaking 20 minutes to get down on cloudatcost, compare that to getting the same project from digitalocean takes 20 SECONDS.
    Cloudatcost is slow and constantly hangs:
    I have the same problem, I have Windows Server more than 8GB of RAM and its slow as well, I think they have bugs in their VM images, and I mean creep-crawls-clunk Cloudatcost, I mean common, how long to fix this? The need to fix their shi* network speeds and put some caps on bandwidths, and give more dedicated CPU time, for the large vps, it constantly hangs.

For me to get a 20 MB file from Github or Google drive (which are very big pipes) it takes me 10 to 20 mins too. I am getting very little use out of my machines. I posted earlier was glad to see they're switching models back to the monthly, and waiting to see if it improves. There are shades of grey when it goes fast, but that's so inconsistent, and unreliable that making a big purchase is hard. I am waiting for a few months to see if this clears up before making any more purchases.

As a temporary stop gap measure we are running our apps out of my friends office (free) and SmarterASP.net which is blazing fast, but they do not scale for large apps.

We are seriously looking at hostmanits, appharbor, digitalocean and Gearhost to see if they update their pricing model. Gearhost has a buggy pricing page (which makes me wary), moving the bar at the bottom only increases price but does not show how much new RAM you get, pricing also makes little sense 1GB to 2GB is 20$ jump, and they dont list a 8gb plan?? Godaddy is rumored to have blackfriday deals.

BTW, a note of caution - read the SLA's they claim to sell a onetime setup fee not hosting, which is weird that they don't stand behind their own product! I wish someone would create a wiki.
    Last edited by vpslifetime; 11-21-2015 at 03:36 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Question 8GB VPS ~100/yr?

Check this out, I am going to try one of these blackfriday deals!

Does anyone know of this hosting company? 8Gb is pretty good if it works/usable?

1x Q6600 2.40 Ghz, QuadCore, VT
    8GB RAM
    250GB HDD
    Unmetered 10Mbit

$119.90 USD/yr (discount of: $599.38/yr)

About $9.99/mth

Here are all of their black friday offers: https://turnkeyinternet.net/blackfriday/
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vpslifetime View Post

We are seriously looking at [...] and Gearhost to see if they update their pricing model. Gearhost has a buggy pricing page (which makes me wary), moving the bar at the bottom only increases price but does not show how much new RAM you get, pricing also makes little sense 1GB to 2GB is 20$ jump, and they dont list a 8gb plan??
    I'm not sure I understand your request. We offer a PaaS cloud hosting platform. This is not VPS units or CloudServers (although we sell those but not on our site yet as we finalize our software). The Reserved Instances you are seeing are for your application. You can scale from shared to reserved instances with a single click, real-time, no downtime on a per application level. If you had 5 apps, you need 5 CloudSites. Each CloudSite is it's own micro IIS instance or process. Not application pool, entire IIS stack so you really need to separate each application so they can scale in their own way. I think you may think our Reserved Instances is a VPS model which is not, I apologize. For that you would need a CloudServer which you can call us and talk to us about toll free. Phone # on our site (in footer).

Does that help clarify?
    Ryan Kekos GearHost - HostingCon Advisory Board and Speaker
    PaaS Cloud for .NET and PHP Developers
    100% real cloud - all apps/sites live in web farm clusters, all SSD, etc.
    Signup for 100 Domains & 100 Databases - No credit card required
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by vpslifetime View Post
    Check this out, I am going to try one of these blackfriday deals!

Does anyone know of this hosting company? 8Gb is pretty good if it works/usable?

1x Q6600 2.40 Ghz, QuadCore, VT
    8GB RAM
    250GB HDD
    Unmetered 10Mbit

$119.90 USD/yr (discount of: $599.38/yr)

About $9.99/mth

I had a Black Friday server 2 years ago with them and had a very good experience.
    What turns me off on this offer is the 10Mb/s (which is slooow for a server in my opinion) and the 250 GB HDD. Every extra (eg: larger HDD) is relatively expensive.
      0 Not allowed!

Yes thanks for that info. I did not realize it was per site, what happens with sub-domains etc, I'm asking because I have a multi-tenant web app. In which case we may have to redo some of the code to run it on your site, as a single app.
      0 Not allowed!

* putting the free users on my paid servers, really? I am paying for your free loaders!!!!

For all those who spent a lot of money and are getting crappy products, as they are giving away more free servers, this means for those paid precious $$$ for your servers, CAC will put the other crappy free users, on your servers and you will start slowing down even more!!

It might seem this could not get worse, but believe me it will!!!

Please complain now, before it gets worse
      0 Not allowed!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678