Datacenter in New England

Hey Folks,

I've done a lot of reading around here and really haven't found a decent solution. It might not even exist, but as a last resort I'm posting to see if anyone might have some new recommendations.

I currently have servers in a data center further down the east coast, but I live in New England, and recently I've been trying to find a data center that is closer so it is easier to manage the hardware. My current drive time is 16 hours.

The current set up I have is 8U of Space. I'm using about 5 Amps of power. Gigabit drop and I use about 15 to 20 mbit per month, 95th percentile billing. I pay less than $500 per month.

I'm looking for a Data center that can come close to the same price, but somewhere in NH, MA, CT, RI, NYC, or Northern NJ.

The only place I've seen that comes close to my requirements is Burstnet in Scranton, but after searching these forums about them I am not seeing very good feedback regarding their stability and network quality.

I understand that, for various reasons such as more costly Power, and higher demand, that this area will be a lot more expensive. Just holding out hope that there might be some place that could offer the same setup with only a minimal price increase. So I'm looking to see if anyone here could offer some suggestions.

Thanks,

You hit the nail on the head with costly power.

You can try http://www.fibertech.com . They have multiple colocation spots in CT, RI, MA, NY, and NJ (http://www.fibertech.com/net_current.cfm) No idea if they will be able to meet you budget in any location though.
    NewYorkCityServers.com - Specializing In Dedicated Servers and Financial Hosting
    True Enterprise Service, Tier 3 Manhattan Datacenter, 100+ Gbps Network, 100% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7 Support - Email, Tickets, Phone and Live Chat
    Bandwidth Graphs, Remote Power Control, Automated OS Re-installs, Secured IPMI+KVM Included With Every Server

Have you tried the offers section? There are a few places in Northern NJ that I have seen advertised that should be able to meet your budget.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

@NYCServers-Nick;

Sent a quote request over to them .

@RSNET-John;

Hmm for some reason I completely missed the Collocation sub forum over there. I'm digging through it now. Thanks

Constant offers 14U with 5 amps and 20TB/month on 100mbits for $500 a month.

Got a call from a guy at Fibertech that didn't seem to understand the concept of gigabit drop with 95th percentile usage commitment.

I also looked into Exacloudsys - Their website is hosted in a Choopa data center but they have their own data center. I'm not sure if I would trust a company that doesn't have enough faith in their stability to host their website in their own building.

And speaking of Choopa, I contacted them directly as well, got a slightly higher price from them but the reviews I see on the boards here speak highly of them. The price seems pretty fair given their track record, so I'm leaning towards them.

you should try the host voice here at WHT
    http://www.QuoteColo.com - Colocation, Miner Hosting, Dedicated and Cloud Hosting Quotes

You can also give Atlantic Metro a call.
    ReliableSite.Net LLC - Offering Enterprise Grade Dedicated Servers Since 2006 [New York City metro / Miami, FL / Los Angeles, CA]
    Customers are our #1 priority - Read Our Reviews
    Need epic pricing on 1G and 10G unmetered? We have amazing deals and a 10 minute setup time! Click here to view incredible deals.

Quote Originally Posted by Warnen View Post
    I also looked into Exacloudsys - Their website is hosted in a Choopa data center but they have their own data center. I'm not sure if I would trust a company that doesn't have enough faith in their stability to host their website in their own building.
    so you'd rather their website goes down in event of a disaster at building so you can't open a ticket, etc? disasters happen.
    AS395558

Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    so you'd rather their website goes down in event of a disaster at building so you can't open a ticket, etc? disasters happen.
    We aren't talking about the ticketing system and/or support website, we're talking about their main sales website. The website that people like myself would use to do ping/traceroute tests. I noticed their website routing to Choopa, which makes them look like a Reseller.

They could run their ticket/support subdomain from a different data center for all I care, but to have the main website hosted by a different company does not look good in my book.

I'm close to finalizing a deal with Choopa. Wanted to thank you guys for helping lead me in the their direction.

You have many options - Xand as well as Iron Mountain, but their new Boston facility won't open until Q1.
    Everett Thompson, CEO - "Largest list of data centers on the planet." Strategy, Design, Brokerage, Finance
    US Data Center List
    International Data Center List

quantumcolo.net is Towardex's colo arm, I believe they will do partial cabs or even less at 1 Summer St, and they run a great IP network, but its likely priced accordingly.

If you are fine with NY or NJ your connectivity will be much better there than anywhere in MA, CT, RI.

TowardEX doesn't sell more into the QuantumColo arm anymore. Iron Mountain and Xand, although great solutions, are not likely to be the most cost competitive by any means.

Your best bet in MA for high quality low cost per U colocation is Axcelx Technologies or Netriplex.

You might check out Maine Hosting. I don't have any specific experience with them, but they have four sites and two in Bath, Maine. The drive to Bath is at least Maine scenic.

Alan Howard << removed >>
    Last edited by writespeak; 11-05-2013 at 01:38 PM.