Angry HostSlim - very bad VPS experience

I'll try my best to be fair and balanced with this review, but, really, I'm incredibly angry at the bad and unprofessional service I've received. I am also still awaiting my refund from them.

- On Saturday I signed up for an entry level VPS (2.66, including a discount) + DirectAdmin (5). Oddly I was charged 6.60, which doesn't equate to the VPS with/without discount or with/without DirectAdmin.

- My account was setup, but there was no sign of DirectAdmin. I logged a support ticket asking how I access it and am told that I need to pay another 5.

- I tell them that I don't think my order was taken correctly. It should be 2.99 + 5 = 7.99. Not 6.60 + another 5. They agree and create a new invoice for me for 7.99 (without refunding the first one).

- On Monday morning I receive an email with final demand for payment. This strikes me as odd as I've already paid for at least the basic VPS and they still haven't provided DirectAdmin access.

- One hour later I receive an email telling me my service has been suspended and they are contacting a debt collection agency to chase their unpaid invoice! Plus costs! This, by the way, is over a VPS that I have paid for!

- I email them and politely explain how I think their billing is a little bizarre. I remind them of their money back guarantee and ask for a refund.

- I get a polite email back apologising and offering me DirectAdmin free of charge. I'm already quite behind on my project and decide to give HostSlim another chance. I ask how long until I can access DirectAdmin.

- Some hours later I get a one line email asking if I know how to install DirectAdmin. I reply that I don't.

- I get another email offering a 10 installation service for DirectAdmin or a link to an installation guide. I reply saying that don't think I should be paying for them to install DirectAdmin because their systems lack the necessary automation or quick deployment scripts. I tell them no hard feelings, I'll look for another VPS host.

- I get an email saying if I wait until tonight they "might" be able to install it for me.

- Another day passes and they have simply stopped responding. I tell them again that I would like my money back and am currently awaiting my refund.

Didnt you contact them before purchasing vps regarding DA installation?
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Openvz SolusVm VPS DDOS Protected Canada & Romania
    Dedicated Servers And Satellite Dish Colocation with 1Gbps For IPTV
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Why would I need to contact them first about DirectAdmin? Their signup process provided a radio button selection for me to configure my VPS and price it accordingly. I could choose cPanel, DirectAdmin, or none. I picked DA. There was no mention of installation costs.

Not only in hosting, but also in any purchase ask pre sales questions to clarify all dtls.
    LankaPartnerHost.Com
    Openvz SolusVm VPS DDOS Protected Canada & Romania
    Dedicated Servers And Satellite Dish Colocation with 1Gbps For IPTV
    Canada Anti DDOS Webhosting, Reseller Hosting, WHMsonic, WHMsonic Resellers

Hi Deak,

We would like to clarify some things here. You ordered the VPS with a discount code and also chose DirectAdmin. This means that you will receive license details to install DirectAdmin on your VPS (As stated when ordering you can choose a DirectAdmin license).

You indeed let us know that you did not know how to install DirectAdmin, so we offered you to install DirectAdmin for you for free but then it would be at a time when we were able to install this for free for you (as we speak it's being installed).

It doesn't take away the fact that we are sorry for the inconvenience caused and the delay caused, and that we might should be more proactive on your ticket replies. Normally they're answered in minutes but as far as I can see this did not happen all the time in your ticket.

So we hope we can still give you the VPS experience you've hoped on with DirectAdmin installed. We will update you once it's fully setup.
    ★★★★★
    HostSlim Europe - Premium Managed Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated & Premium Hosting - Premium Network - 800Gbps DDoS Protection Available - OWN AS/NETWORK/EQUIPMENT
    Resell Whitelabel Dedicated Servers - Twitter: @HostSlim - www.HostSlim.eu - Facebook: @HostSlimBV

Quote Originally Posted by Deak View Post
    - I get another email offering a €10 installation service for DirectAdmin or a link to an installation guide. I reply saying that don't think I should be paying for them to install DirectAdmin because their systems lack the necessary automation or quick deployment scripts. I tell them no hard feelings, I'll look for another VPS host.
    Quote Originally Posted by host-slim View Post
    You indeed let us know that you did not know how to install DirectAdmin, so we offered you to install DirectAdmin for you for free but then it would be at a time when we were able to install this for free for you (as we speak it's being installed).
    Something doesn't seem right here.
    A lot of providers tend to provide a different level of support if and only if they're mentioned on WHT.
    TaleHost | Quality Web Hosting | US / Asia
    LiteSpeed | Pure SSD | Softacolous | Automated Backups

There should not be installation costs, but licensing fees. That's the only thing I can think of as being a mixup here. Give them another chance...
    Hosting And Designs L.L.C. Since 2002 --> http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/HD/
    Tech Blog: http://www.hostinganddesigns.com/Blog/
    Sales: Lars A Jensen. Direct: 503-999-7518 9am-5+pm

Quote Originally Posted by Deak View Post
    - On Monday morning I receive an email with final demand for payment. This strikes me as odd as I've already paid for at least the basic VPS and they still haven't provided DirectAdmin access.

- One hour later I receive an email telling me my service has been suspended and they are contacting a debt collection agency to chase their unpaid invoice! Plus costs! This, by the way, is over a VPS that I have paid for!
    Yikes, suspension and a debt collection agency for...what $10?