WHMCS > Blesta Importer

Greetings,

I'd like to gain some useable feedback from those who have migrated away from WHMCS and used the Blesta importer.

What problems did you face?
    Is it an easy affair or do I need to revise the entire documentation?

We're currently on hold with our migration to Blesta because of the way it works.

Basically, right now our coupons (in WHMCS) discount the entire order: cPanel, management, hosting, everything on the other. When we move to Blesta, we're going to restructure our pricing to lower some add-on costs, and only discount the hosting. Consequently, we might have one customer paying $120 for a VPS with cPanel, and another customer paying $102.34 for the same thing.

Blesta can't handle this at the moment, so what it does is bring everything over at the new Blesta price. There's no way to override the price, and this isn't how we do things, so we're waiting for a better importer. We could use coupons to drop the prices, but that quickly becomes a pain.

They're supposed to roll out a new importer this week, which should handle this better.

So in other words, it's not perfect for some people.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    We're currently on hold with our migration to Blesta because of the way it works.

Basically, right now our coupons (in WHMCS) discount the entire order: cPanel, management, hosting, everything on the other. When we move to Blesta, we're going to restructure our pricing to lower some add-on costs, and only discount the hosting. Consequently, we might have one customer paying $120 for a VPS with cPanel, and another customer paying $102.34 for the same thing.

Blesta can't handle this at the moment, so what it does is bring everything over at the new Blesta price. There's no way to override the price, and this isn't how we do things, so we're waiting for a better importer. We could use coupons to drop the prices, but that quickly becomes a pain.

They're supposed to roll out a new importer this week, which should handle this better.

So in other words, it's not perfect for some people.
    Do you know when it will be this week because am keen to move away from WHMCS as fast as possible really it's starting to make me really ill as a matter of fact am on medication because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    Do you know when it will be this week because am keen to move away from WHMCS as fast as possible really it's starting to make me really ill as a matter of fact am on medication because of it.
    I do not, sorry. I only know it's supposed to be this week. I think they've stepped it up given all the problems with WHMCS.
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."

I do not, sorry. I only know it's supposed to be this week. I think they've stepped it up given all the problems with WHMCS.
    I'll have to confirm with them to see what is happening I can't see anything about it on there forum so to speak to be honest this importer should of been done long ago. I dare say there now regretting this because there potentially missing out. Like always I guess learn off your mistakes and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    I'll have to confirm with them to see what is happening I can't see anything about it on there forum so to speak to be honest this importer should of been done long ago. I dare say there now regretting this because there potentially missing out. Like always I guess learn off your mistakes and move on.
    They've got an active importer (referenced throughout their forums) that works great, the issue is that blesta treats 'services' different than the way WHMCS does. They're in the process of altering that, but it looks like it's a ways of yet.
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

The new importer was just released on their forums. Take multiple backups of your WHMCS install before proceeding! We're testing now.

The new importer was just released on their forums. Take multiple backups of your WHMCS install before proceeding! We're testing now.
    That's good to know you got a link?

Or, be wise about it and don't do it on your live install. Take a dump of your database and spend the next few days massaging the data into blesta. Doing anything live would be less than stellar.

In addition, ensure blesta cannot send emails until you've ensured everything is flawless. Import, test, flush it out, reimport all the data and enjoy!
    David
    Web hosting by Fused For businesses with more important things to do than worry about their hosting.

Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    Or, be wise about it and don't do it on your live install. Take a dump of your database and spend the next few days massaging the data into blesta. Doing anything live would be less than stellar.

In addition, ensure blesta cannot send emails until you've ensured everything is flawless. Import, test, flush it out, reimport all the data and enjoy!
    It seems looking at the forum post they made it now imports:

An update is coming that imports packages and services this week.
    That's quite a nice feature.