FDCServers Miami

Anyone currently running a box over there? Looking to push what I can, but at a minimum I need 150TB+ (500 Mbit), is this possible? My traffic is throughout all hours of the day and peaks are about 15% higher than average.

If you're a customer of FDC, do you have problems outside of Cogent with throughput?

I'm not sure, but am interested too for high bandwidth.

Also, if anyone has Miami reviews on the following (specifically low average ping time to Brazil, since this is for video gaming, I don't care about US connectivity):

- Swiftway
    - Burst.NET
    - Quadranet

I'm hosting and/or familiar with these in other locations but not in their Miami DC's.

Quote Originally Posted by petrushka View Post

Also, if anyone has Miami reviews on the following (specifically low average ping time to Brazil, since this is for video gaming, I don't care about US connectivity):

- Swiftway
    - Burst.NET
    - Quadranet

I'm hosting and/or familiar with these in other locations but not in their Miami DC's.
    Hello,

Your continued interest in QuadraNet is sincerely appreciated! Our Miami location provides excellent connectivity over to Brazil, if you need a test IP please feel free to get in touch via a sales ticket and we'll provide that info to you.

Thanks again!

- Swiftway
    - Burst.NET
    - Quadranet

If you need low latency to Brazil, why not getting a server in Brazil ?

Miami will give you best case 130ms of latency. And hosting locally you can get between 20ms and 80ms worst case scenario.
    Dedicated Servers, Managed OpenStack Cloud, Colocation and Managed Colocation in Brazil
    Privately owned 10,000 server capacity Data Center
    maxihost.com.br/en
    +1-844-243-9907

Quote Originally Posted by maxihost View Post
    If you need low latency to Brazil, why not getting a server in Brazil ?

Miami will give you best case 130ms of latency. And hosting locally you can get between 20ms and 80ms worst case scenario.
    Miami is the best option considering the cost of bandwidth/location/power in Sao Paulo. You know this...

Quote Originally Posted by gigist View Post
    Miami is the best option considering the cost of bandwidth/location/power in Sao Paulo. You know this...
    No doubt Miami or anywhere in the US would be far cheaper than hosting in Brazil. I didnt say that.

If 130ms is not an issue for him (and for lots of application it isnt) the best option is to host in the US.

But, there are TON of application, such as first person game, that MUST have no more than 50~70ms.
    Dedicated Servers, Managed OpenStack Cloud, Colocation and Managed Colocation in Brazil
    Privately owned 10,000 server capacity Data Center
    maxihost.com.br/en
    +1-844-243-9907

- Swiftway
    - Burst.NET
    - Quadranet

I haven't heard or seen any offers in Miami for Swiftway in months, not sure if they still support the location.

I'm ok with 130ms. <70ms is ideal and what I shoot for within the US + EU, but the slightly worse performance isn't worth the massive cost increase of going local in Brazil. That said, I do think it is worth it to pay somewhat more (15% or so) to locate in Miami instead of Atlanta, Kansas City, Washington DC to knock down ping another 10ms or so. I just can't afford to pay 5-20x more for a 50% decrease.

I have this same issue with China too, it forces me to be in Los Angeles which is a bit more expensive than Las Vegas, Phoenix, San Francisco and Seattle but is worth the 5-10% ping improvement.

Regarding Swiftway, last I checked with them they are going to expand to Miami sometime next year, not just adding more colocation capacity but also dedicated servers + full suite of VPS. Not sure if that has changed or not. For now I went with Quadranet via one of their VPS resellers to test them out, and hopefully sometime next year will add in a dedicated server or two with them or Swiftway once things ramp up.

I stand corrected-- just retested California <-> China and now Swiftway (bay area) is performing the best. Previously, the highest performing networks were based in Los Angeles, this is the first time I've seen a bay area DC take the top spot, which I didn't think was possible as I thought the underseas cables originated closer to Los Angeles, but could be wrong.

I stand corrected-- just retested California <-> China and now Swiftway (bay area) is performing the best. Previously, the highest performing networks were based in Los Angeles, this is the first time I've seen a bay area DC take the top spot, which I didn't think was possible as I thought the underseas cables originated closer to Los Angeles, but could be wrong.
    There are a pair of cables going in and they land at slightly different points. However not all carriers have access to both landing points, so results may vary.
    Hyperconnezion - your fast path to success
    IT management, Cloud and Data Center Services in Asia Pacific