Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick-WHSuite View Post
    We're actually a lot further ahead than you may think
    Good.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the industry has room for quite a few more GOOD billing systems. This latest security nightmare seems to have generated a lot more interest than the last few. It seems like even a lot of the WHT WHMCS die-hards are now at least looking at options. It would be great to see the industry enter a "golden era" of billing systems.

All the has-beens and never-rans should be all over this right now to try and regain or build interest. It would be pretty interesting to see, say, WHM AutoPilot or AWBS rise from the ashes and overtake WHMCS over the next 18 months.
    Fresh Roasted Hosting :: High-performance Harrisburg web hosting since 2012!
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."
    Shared :: VPS :: Reseller :: Dedicated :: Co-Location :: SSL Certificates

Quote Originally Posted by Gualter View Post
    Really we also tested Blesta, however, was a nightmare.
    Nothing makes sense, maybe I could be wrong, we gave him the benefit of the doubt for the future.
    For now HB work fine, but as the company is unstable, we are eyeing the clientexec, seems to have everything what we are looking for :-)
    Sorry Blesta fans.
    Translation: It did not have a dedicated server module, and, although they said they had plans for one in the future, it was not fast/instant enough for you.

So, instead of being an adult about it, and saying it doesn't do what I want it to do at the moment, so I will look elsewhere, you started acting like an infant who didn't get his own way, and started having tantrums.

Yes I have seen your posts on blesta's forums, once you realised your constant demands for a dedicated server module was not going to be released as quickly as you wanted, you suddenly started saying things like this out of sheer spite

Quote Originally Posted by FRH Lisa View Post
    Box Billing is another app to check out. A few months back someone from there said they were starting a major re-write. Haven't heard anything since there. As it stands now it's okay for a freebie or a very small company that has no plans to grow, but not the best choice for everyone. Personally I find its interface lacking.
    Lisa - this is one I would not recommend for anyone other than a Reseller who has only a couple of packages, and even then, maybe not! This is only suitable for the micro-host who is looking for something free to get started with.

We actually went to this as an Interim solution about a year ago and the main reasons I would steer clear is that there is virtually no support! It can take days to get a response to a ticket. It is a pity - because overall, it has all the basics covered.

We chose to go BB because at the time we were looking, there were (surprise, surprise) a couple of whmcs problems within a week or 2 that totally turned us off it.

Yes, At this time, I do agree that Blesta, while fairly "bare bones" at the moment, does things differently, but that is not bad! Yes, it has almost everything we need and we can "live with it" until the missing features get added. It has the basics covered quite well and Yes, I do agree that over the next several Months as modules get written it will cater for more and more hosts.

The Market is as you said ripe for the picking for a decent (or multiple decent) products. The challenge is going to be the migration regardless of what platform is chosen. Sometimes it is just better to bite the bullet and make a clean break.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by Gualter
    Really we also tested Blesta, however, was a nightmare.
    Nothing makes sense, maybe I could be wrong, we gave him the benefit of the doubt for the future.
    For now HB work fine, but as the company is unstable, we are eyeing the clientexec, seems to have everything what we are looking for :-)
    Sorry Blesta fans.
    Quote Originally Posted by Host Red Dragon View Post
    Translation: It did not have a dedicated server module, and, although they said they had plans for one in the future, it was not fast/instant enough for you.
    Actually, there is a third-party module for managing dedicated servers (ours ).
    Believe the complaint was more about that there is not an order page aimed at dedicated servers (with fancy dropdowns/sliders for hardware upgrade add-ons and such).
    Not a problem if you are just selling dedicated servers with standard hardware configurations though.
    Last edited by Maxnet; 10-22-2013 at 07:17 AM.

Seems like popular demand on billing software, HostBill has started showing prices again

Try BoxBilling. At this moment it look like a dead project, but isn't.

Big changes to BoxBilling are coming soon (confirmed by admin), so now they are a little busy.

Quote Originally Posted by Zimple View Post
    Seems like popular demand on billing software, HostBill has started showing prices again
    So they are. I'm surprised. I didn't think they'd show prices.

... But $200 each for all the provisioning modules? And that's on top of $600 for the software alone. Edit: And that's just for the base version. /Edit

Man. That's quite the outlay for a small hosting provider that doesn't have any clients or few clients at their beginning.
    ★ Nicholas @ EidolonHost
    ★ Blesta and InterWorx Reseller. See WebHost Licenses for details.
    ★ We have Let's Encrypt Support

Quote Originally Posted by Keiro View Post
    So they are. I'm surprised. I didn't think they'd show prices.

... But $200 each for all the provisioning modules? And that's on top of $600 for the software alone. Edit: And that's just for the base version. /Edit

Man. That's quite the outlay for a small hosting provider that doesn't have any clients or few clients at their beginning.
    I don't mind the price. If our ideal billing system costs us $5k, so be it. I just have zero confidence in Hostbill's future and stability of the company, based on the events of the past year. It looks like it is / was decent software, but all the crazy and drama is a real turnoff.
    "The only thing better than the world's best customer service is never needing them in the first place."

I don't mind the price. If our ideal billing system costs us $5k, so be it. I just have zero confidence in Hostbill's future and stability of the company, based on the events of the past year. It looks like it is / was decent software, but all the crazy and drama is a real turnoff.
    I don't, either.

But I'm saying that's quite the outlay for brand-new hosting providers. I can see them going, "WHMCS is the far cheaper option. At least they have monthly licenses!"

... As do some other billing systems, I think. The cheapest one for a monthly license would be BoxBilling. Something like $6 a month, I believe. We'll see how that goes once they finish their rewrite. If they finish their rewrite.

Then again, at this point... anything's better than WHMCS, given their exploit history so far.
    ★ Nicholas @ EidolonHost
    ★ Blesta and InterWorx Reseller. See WebHost Licenses for details.
    ★ We have Let's Encrypt Support

Quote Originally Posted by Keiro View Post
    But I'm saying that's quite the outlay for brand-new hosting providers. I can see them going, "WHMCS is the far cheaper option. At least they have monthly licenses!"
    Ah, okay. I see now and I agree with you. Fortunately, I think both ClientExec and Blesta are less expensive, and we'll see about WHSuite. Who knows, maybe the old guard like WHM AutoPilot and that other one will reinvent themselves as well.

Quote Originally Posted by RRWH View Post
    Lisa - this is one I would not recommend for anyone other than a Reseller who has only a couple of packages, and even then, maybe not! This is only suitable for the micro-host who is looking for something free to get started with.
    Yeah, I think Box Billing is an acceptable choice for unconventional hosts. Think "web designer who has a reseller account and wants to automate provisioning, payment, and support". It's perfect for that. Go much further, and even the paid version isn't that competitive. The price is a good point ($5), but more robust systems (Blesta, ClientExec) are only $10 more.

Good.

I've said it before, I'll say it again: the industry has room for quite a few more GOOD billing systems. This latest security nightmare seems to have generated a lot more interest than the last few. It seems like even a lot of the WHT WHMCS die-hards are now at least looking at options. It would be great to see the industry enter a "golden era" of billing systems.

All the has-beens and never-rans should be all over this right now to try and regain or build interest. It would be pretty interesting to see, say, WHM AutoPilot or AWBS rise from the ashes and overtake WHMCS over the next 18 months.
    WHM AutoPilot is dead there are loads of php errors all over the website site. I email the guy the other day and asked if he was still was supporting it.There has been no updated since 2012,I like this software it would be my second choice after whmcs I just don' think the guy cares about it anymore what is sad. I would love to purchase it but I submitted a support ticket and no reply that put me off. Here are some of the errors I saw Warning: trim() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/whmauto/public_html/inc/order_functions.php on line 195 That put me right of purchasing it to.
    Last edited by Ninjapanther Hosting; 10-22-2013 at 12:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjapanther-Greg View Post
    WHM AutoPilot is dead there are loads of php errors all over the website site. I email the guy the other day and asked if he was still was supporting it.There have been no updated since 2012,I like this software it would be my second choice after whmcs I just don' think the guy cares about it anymore what is sad. I would love to purchase it but I submitted a support ticket and no supply that put me off.
    Oh well. AWBS looks like it could have some life left in it, but the design and UI are straight out of 2002.

Yeah its to bad WHMAutopilot died.. it was pretty decent back in the day... Plus I already own a lifetime license for it .

Sorry what events ?

Quote Originally Posted by cgiGeek View Post
    Sorry what events ?
    Prices going up, every week or month, packages being removed from site, then charging for quotes, removing all the modules and charging for them. Erm could go on..

Quote Originally Posted by hostyd View Post
    Try BoxBilling. At this moment it look like a dead project, but isn't.

Big changes to BoxBilling are coming soon (confirmed by admin), so now they are a little busy.
    Personally I wouldn't touch box billing again, and I was only with thema a week or so. but after a week I still hadnt got it setup properly and my support tickets remained unanswered (until I cancelled)

Doesn't exactly inspire confidence... and did I get a refund, did I heck.

Re: Alternatives to WHMCS

Agreed with the above. The exactly same thing happened to me.

They are saying that BoxBilling is going open source. Hopefully that will revive the project since BB would have a lot of potential in my opinion.
    VPSFlame - OpenVZ & KVM VPS, Web Hosting, Minecraft, Domain Registration
    Denmark | Germany | Dallas, TX

Oh well. AWBS looks like it could have some life left in it, but the design and UI are straight out of 2002.
    So's the code if I'm not mistaken. I recall using it a few years ago (And granted, it could have changed by now) and the templating was terribly messy.

It was also a case of if you used PHP 5.3 and turned error reporting on, you got thousands of warnings about undefined variables. AWBS is another one that, whilst has a massive amount of features, really needs rewriting.

ClientExec and Blesta have got it spot on. They've kept their products up to date and not simply hashed over the same codebase over and over until it becomes a cluster of mess.
    WHSuite - Billing, Automation and Client Management Software.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan_EZPZ View Post
    CE looks good but the functionality just isn't there when compared to WHMCS.

I don't see us moving from WHMCS any time soon, they do need to pull themselves together and get to work on a professional external audit but unlike some of the others they have the funds to do so. In the meantime our WAF can keep sending us alerts and blocking malicious users.
    We've evaluated other options and have largely come to the same conclusion; WHMCS tops the rest when it comes to integration and feature sets.

We're hoping that these most recent security exploits will be enough of a wake-up call that WHMCS will commence a thorough security audit and follow-up with patches.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

Quote Originally Posted by BrianHarrison View Post
    We've evaluated other options and have largely come to the same conclusion; WHMCS tops the rest when it comes to integration and feature sets.

We're hoping that these most recent security exploits will be enough of a wake-up call that WHMCS will commence a thorough security audit and follow-up with patches.
    I hope the same, still is wishful thinking, it does not look like is happening.

Call me an optimist but I think they will stepup there security, of course only time will tell.

They have already confirmed they will not be re-writing the software code from scratch, but I don't feel they have any choice after posts on here to lock the system down so its much safer to use.

With this thread looking for alternatives I thought I'd ask why no one seems to be looking at http://www.ispsystem.com/en/ or http://www.spbas.com/tour

ispsystem can integrate into solus and cPanel. spbas can integrate into cPanel and Enom and is supposed to be made to add moduels/plugins easily. I honestly don't see why the community couldn't fund whatever else is needed in a weeks time at most.

I myself have looked at a few other billing systems where they don't natively integrate into other control panels which isn't a terrible thing. But most of the ones provided by the actual control panel devs to be integrated into billing systems just suck and are insecure.

Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    With this thread looking for alternatives I thought I'd ask why no one seems to be looking at http://www.ispsystem.com/en/ or http://www.spbas.com/tour

ispsystem can integrate into solus and cPanel. spbas can integrate into cPanel and Enom and is supposed to be made to add moduels/plugins easily. I honestly don't see why the community couldn't fund whatever else is needed in a weeks time at most.

I myself have looked at a few other billing systems where they don't natively integrate into other control panels which isn't a terrible thing. But most of the ones provided by the actual control panel devs to be integrated into billing systems just suck and are insecure.
    Perhaps becuase no one has heard of them? I've been a member on here quite a lomg time now and never come accross either of those before, and the ISPsystem site just made me want to leave as there seemed to be so many pages and options I didnt even want to look for a demo.

I think HostBill is an alternative and Ubersmith as well, but ubersmith is expensive.
    www.AlphaRacks.com - Defining Superior Service
    Linux & Windows VPS | Budget Dedicated Servers
    Hardware RAID-10 Protected Storage | Better Quality with Better Pricing
    Based in Los Angeles, CA!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast