Bay Area, California USA

Arrow Backordering and Registrars. What should I know?

First off, there's a good domain that expired I am trying to acquire. I wasted money placing a backorder with GoDaddy and I also put backorders in with NameJet, SnapNames, and of course Pool. Now, this is four backorders. I am not looking forward to GoDaddy having success. I still did it just in case.

Here are a few questions I have. The domain has not been available for auction/backorder, whereas, another domain I am looking at expired a week prior to this domain I want and is already available for auction. Why is this?

In three of the whois databases I use it says it has expired; however, if I used another whois service (a fourth)and it says it expires the same time next year (2014). It will also show two different expiration dates. When I type the domain in the browser it says the domain has expired and prompts the domain owner to return to the registrar to renew. Why does it has two expiration dates in whois and what does this mean?

The owner of the expired domain registered it with some random European-based domain/web hosting company and they're also listed as the domain registrars as well as Tucows. Would they have first dibs on the domain after it expires or will it go into some type of other phase out of the original registrars control (allowing NameJet, SnapNames, or Pool to backorder it successfully)? The reason why I asked this because I am worried the registrar may either 1. Try to register the domain again to keep for themselves and personal portfolio or 2. Allow someone to place a Backorder for the domain (which they did) and they'll have first dibs on it before NameJet, SnapNames, or Pool. This is what I am mainly concerned about. I don't mind the domain going to auction. I just need to know where I stand with this pending expiration phase.

How long will I have to wait until I see any type of change in the whois regarding this domain or its availability in one of the auction sites? Already there's 4 others who Backordered and ready to bid for this domain on NameJet.

How long would I have to wait?
    Last edited by silvereagle510; 10-21-2013 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Too many typos

Bay Area, California USA
    Even when I placed a Backorder with GoDaddy it says the domain doesn't expire until 2014 but in the whois it says it expired and the site prompts the domain owner to register. There's another domain with an expiration of 2014 as well but is available for bid/backorder on NameJet