What mailing list do you use

We're on mailchimp, basic mailers to customers with promos (opt in) & feature updates, but their prices beyond the first 500-600 are high for our use (low).

And other question is: do you find managing your own mailing list software is better than using something like mailchimp?

Bulk mailing, email marketing or SMTP relay/hosting are probably the type services you're looking for. I'm using a PHP script called Sendy and Amazon SES as the delivery system. A bit technical to set up, but very easy and inexpensive to use.

MailChimp's delivery service Mandrill seems to be popular, and it's free for under 12000 messages per month. Of course you still need to send the messages even if you're using Mandrill to deliver them, but any bulk mail script should do.

Quote Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post
    Bulk mailing, email marketing or SMTP relay/hosting are probably the type services you're looking for. I'm using a PHP script called Sendy and Amazon SES as the delivery system. A bit technical to set up, but very easy and inexpensive to use.

MailChimp's delivery service Mandrill seems to be popular, and it's free for under 12000 messages per month. Of course you still need to send the messages even if you're using Mandrill to deliver them, but any bulk mail script should do.
    Yeap. Mandrill is actually pretty good. I've tried it before and it works fine as well as provide statistics and etc.
    TaleHost | Quality Web Hosting | US / Asia
    LiteSpeed | Pure SSD | Softacolous | Automated Backups

We used Aweber in the past and were quite happy with it.

I never see it mentioned around here and we love it, we're using YMLP (Your Mailing List Provider). As far as I can tell, there's no limit to the amount of mail you can send? I looked over their site for limits and such and didn't find any.

Their prices are extremely reasonable, too. Drop by and contact them, they tend to be pretty quick.

We use dadamail to manage our mailing lists, and Mandrill as the SMTP sending provider.

It seems to be a good combination.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Send Grid will allow you to send a high-volume number of emails cheapest. It's best for if you aren't sure that all emails in your list are verified and active.

Mail Chimp, you get what you pay for ;-)
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Mailchimp ussually. I love their platform & service.

Mailchimp is a classic, and a very good service.

If you are into Joomla tho, I can recommend a plugin we've used with it - AcyMailing. The flexibility of it is amazing, has a very neat bounce-back handler, detailed stats and is fully integrateable with VirtueMart and other Joomla modules.
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.