SuPHP configuration issues, enable functions on per directory basies

Okay I've been researching, reading, and reading some more. Now I'm running apache 2.2 and php 5.3 on a server with is using suPHP as a handler. Okay this seamed great at first, now I feel there is to many restrictions they can't be over came. So perhaps you guys can give me some help here, but odds are I don't thing there is a real solution to the way my server is setup.

I've disabled some functions globally and want to enable a function in a restricted directory.

Okay Basically Since I'm using suPHP I can use the php admin values to override certain functions as you may know. Now I could use the set env varible in httpd.conf to add some additional php modifications, but then realized I created another problem, I configure suphp to only use the global php.ini and no customer .ini.

Code:
    ;suphp.conf
    [phprc_paths]
    ;Uncommenting these will force all requests to that handler to use the php.ini
    ;in the specified directory regardless of suPHP_ConfigPath settings.
    application/x-httpd-php5=/usr/local/lib/
    So now this is in my way. Now I know in the php.ini file I can change settings on a per directory basis such as
    Code:
    ;just an example
    ;some where in php.ini
    display_errors = off

;bottom of php.ini
    [PATH=/Some/path]
    display_errors= on
    So basically I can do something like that to adjust settings on a per directory basis, but I don't see anyways to use that method to enable a function locally that I've disabled globally.

At this point I'm stumped and I'm coming to a conclusion that the way I have suPHP configured, I just can't enable a function that was disabled globally

Moved > Hosting Security and Technology .
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

If the scripts are called from the web, in .htaccess you may specify the path to php.ini as below:

Code:
    SetEnv PHPRC /path/to/php-ini

If you have enabled suPHP, you can put php.ini in the specific folder and modify your php.ini to change the global PHP settings.
    || Web Hosting Blog - Web Hosting security & latest web hosting industry Announcements
    || Web Hosting Discussion - A Web Hosting community

Quote Originally Posted by YUPAPA View Post
    If the scripts are called from the web, in .htaccess you may specify the path to php.ini as below:

Code:
    SetEnv PHPRC /path/to/php-ini
    Quote Originally Posted by Kailash12 View Post
    If you have enabled suPHP, you can put php.ini in the specific folder and modify your php.ini to change the global PHP settings.
    Those don't work with this option enable.
    ;suphp.conf
    [phprc_paths]
    ;Uncommenting these will force all requests to that handler to use the php.ini
    ;in the specified directory regardless of suPHP_ConfigPath settings. application/x-httpd-php5=/usr/local/lib/
    Which is why I wish I setup a per user ini in a customer directory, personally I think my setup makes what I need impossible.