Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I recommend you switch to any VPS provider, Hostgator does a good job.

I would choose another host after asking them if they can really host this kind of traffic and size. The "semi-dedicated" solution would be a good choice IMHO.
    NetDynamics LLC - One-stop Solution for Hosting Needs
    We love Backups! Backup storage for your server backups

Look into WP Engine.

There are few things you can try:
    1) Get a WordPress theme developer to modify your current theme. Try to use minimum PHP query, less javascript and less images.

2) Use a database cache plugin like: http://wordpress.org/plugins/db-cache-reloaded-fix/

3) Give a try to cloudFare

4) Try any free CND like:
    https://www.cloudflare.com/features-cdn
    http://www.incapsula.com/pricing-and...are-all-plans/

If nothing works for you, get a VPS with cPanel. You may not need fully managed VPS as managing a VPS with cPanel is very easy.

I recommend any XEN based VPS with 2 GB RAM.
    YagHost - Fast Reliable Hosting Since 2009
    Managed VPS - NVMe DirectAdmin
    Web Hosting - NVMe SSD, AMD EPYC, 10 Gbps (US, Europe, Singapore)

Re: Large Wordpress website slow - I need advise on hosting and cloud Please

wpengine.com should be able to help
    WordPress Hosting
    Shared / White Label Reseller WHM | SSD Cloud | CloudLinux

www.LarisMedia.com Wordpress & Magento Website Design

Your site isn't that big. A good knowledgable WP centric provider that is used to helping you find the real issues is important. There isn't any reason any WP installation cannot be fixed and made to run right on a good server.

I suspect it is the server, you said you have tried a great deal. So when you move, to a host that really knows their stuff, you will know within minutes if it was the server. If not, hopefully, you will have moved to a managed host that will solve the issue.

One caveat, sometimes the solution is to rebuild, get rid of things, and requires cooperation and commitment on your part. There are a hundred tricks to optimizing WP. But to do it one really has to look under the hood.

I can recommend you for a multi-db , W3 cache plugin to be installed on your wordpress. Additionally you can use a CDN service to reduce spam and unwanted traffic to your server causing any over loads.
    ⓐ➒AlphaNine
    Shared hosting | cPanel/WHM reseller | KVM VPS | Dedicated Servers | SSL | VoIP | Management |
    99.9% uptime | 24/7 Support | Easy Control Panels | Operating Since 2000 |

You can throw all kinds of hardware and resources at it and it will only solve the symptoms not the root cause in most cases.

Assuming the host server is running correctly...

We see wordpress sites all the time that run slow because the theme or plugins are not optimized. We had a wordpress site on one of our shared servers where the customer was complaining because it took 30 seconds to load each page and they assumed it was a server problem. We showed them another (much larger) wordpress install running on the same node that loaded instantly and directed them to optimize their theme and plugins. The customer did some deep digging and found that both his theme and plugins were causing all of the latency so he fixed it and his site now loads very quickly.

Can you try to disable all the plugins and use the default theme to see if it loads faster?

FYI: your wordpress install isn't that big and shouldn't require dedicated resources.

Do you have more information about the actual visits, pageviews, and hits that you get?
    Just because the site is large (in terms of DB and amount of pages) doesn't mean that it will require a big host to run smoothly, in the end, often the amount of visits, and the site is way more important.

I've seen WordPress sites having 80k unique visitors a day, running on a shared hosting without any problem. It was pretty good optimized indeed, but it was possible.

If you don't have the budget you should not go to VPS and should stick to shared as you not only have the cost of the VPS but also the cost of managing it if you are unable to do this yourself. So I am unsure why things like this and varnish are being mentioned (Although I would highly recommend varnish wordpress if you do have your own system as you get a massive capacity increase.

Anyway this is what you should read into most,

Quote Originally Posted by theminister View Post
    Finally my host Hostgator said "that in most cases the current production version of Mysql on our shared servers will have significant delays querying databases with over 100MB of data"
    Your issue is likely with your host/platform and switching to another host is most likely to solve your problem. 500MB database isn't that large and most good hosts that don't offer "unlimited" everything will be able to handle this with no issue. The SSD recommendations are ridiculous, this is a 500MB MySQL database literally any properly configured setup will handle it.

If I where you I would look out for a good semi-dedicated provider or one that provides wordpress specific hosting and go from there.
    Server Management - AdminGeekZ.com
    Infrastructure Management, Web Application Performance, mySQL DBA. System Automation.
    WordPress/Magento Performance, Apache to Nginx Conversion, Varnish Implimentation, DDoS Protection, Custom Nginx Modules
    Check our wordpress varnish plugin. Contact us for quote: sales@admingeekz.com

I think Scott.MC above is spot on. I host a website larger than the one you have, and it's working fine, even in a shared environment.

Just as a disclaimer, for this particular site, I did have to increase the resources dedicated to the site (using CloudLinux) because the site needed those resources. I just want to make sure people don't think it's a basic hosting account.

Personally, take a hard look at semi-dedicated hosting. You get that next level of performance without needing to worry about backups, security, etc etc.

Thank you everyone for all the great comments and suggestions. It's been really helpful to me. Appreciate it!

Look into WP Engine or Pagely.

Hi,
    It looks like it might be the server. You could get a managed VPS and a CDN for additional speed.
    Regards
    Cache Simple
    CDN provider - Akamai authorized reseller
    Make your site faster, more secure and 100% available
    www.cachesimple.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12