So, i just started really playing with bootstrap

ZOMGWTFBBQ, how have I possibly avoided this for so many years? I love it, it's my new best friend (kind of ).
    MUCH better than me having to write the classes myself, much more efficient, and it just looks like it works right out of the box
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

Awesome right?!

Indeed it is. Tested it out with WHMCS, had to actually use a custom css, but it's 100% worth it. Love this thing

I too like bootstrap. Curious if any forum software developers have created themes based around bootstrap. Been seeing a huge increase in sites using it recently.

I can see XF doing this (maybe) down the road, but not much else. The others tend to stick with stuffy web1.0 design stuff.

Of course, I could very well be wrong

I have to admit, when I say "just started", I mean, less than 24 hours ago. The responsiveness is just amazing though. I'll be poking through and making some serious back and front end changes over the next few days, at least to my client area.

yeah bootstrap is Awesome, I too like it very much. Can't believe how much time it saved for us.
    Looking around for some time
    PM me for Website Design and Web Development Work.

Yes, it's lovely!!

I like it because I have very little design skills, but being able to place stuff in grids made sense. Bootstrap is by far the most popular, but there are a lot more out there that you may like as well. After you get used to Bootstrap you will start seeing it EVERYWHERE and realize that it (meaning the stock theme) is a little overused. You can do a search for other CSS Frameworks and see what else is out there as well.
    Managed Service Provider - www.OpticIP.com
    Public & Private Cloud
    Solutions | SSD SANs | High IOP's | CDN Solutions
    Phoenix/Chandler AZ Colocation | 48U Cabinets | Data Halls | TIA-942 Tier 4 Facility

I can honestly see that it's becoming overused. The beauty of it though is that you can customize it way better than most anything I've seen so far. You just have to use a bit of knowledge.

Personally, I love it because the work is pretty much done right there for me. I can focus on what I do which is php/backend stuff , not the frontend as much

Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    I have to admit, when I say "just started", I mean, less than 24 hours ago. The responsiveness is just amazing though. I'll be poking through and making some serious back and front end changes over the next few days, at least to my client area.
    I've never used anything like this is it suited for a beginner, I mean do I need a degree in programming to use it?

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    I've never used anything like this is it suited for a beginner, I mean do I need a degree in programming to use it?
    The best thing to do is look at their documentation. Yeah, I hate the RTFM line myself, but this is incredibly self explanatory, and it really helps. If you follow this, you shouldn't have any problem working with it

With Less (see the customize link on their page), you specify what components you want in your bootstrap version, and you go from there.

Honestly, I don't like playing with graphics, but css is another story altogether. I managed to take a couple tables that were everywhere on my iPad/iPhone, make them rather responsive by simply incorporating bootstrap. It's definitely a decent framework

LOL @ ZOMGWTFBBQ.

I am curious now, I'll have to check this bootstrap myself!

Try Foundation by Zurb also. I have tried Bootstrap and Foundation and loved Foundation more somehow.

Honestly, the only reason I started with bootstrap is because it's included in WHMCS and seems to be the defacto standard any more. Not terribly sure I'll get around to much else, as bootstrap seems to be more than plenty for my needs

after trying so many frameworks out there, I find myself going back to Bootstrap.