Need to transfer some Domain names. Need a trusted Registrar.

Hi,

I have domains which have expired. They're currently within that 42 day GoDaddy recovery period before I lose them. I wasn't able to renew them, and can't afford to pay the recovery fee they're asking for now. Do you know of any reliable Registrars I could transfer to that are cheaper than GoDaddy?

Really appreciate some help!

Jeremy

When you mean cheap ? What u mean 10 $ ?

If you are in or past the expiry period you'll have to renew at GoDaddy before you can transfer them.

You can get .com from Namecheap for just $9.79 per year which includes free Whois privacy. You must use coupon code 'AUTUMNCOLORS' for that price.

Not sure if they're cheaper, but they have a much more friendly control panel / UI and a much more prompt support team in my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyLavine View Post
    Hi,

I have domains which have expired. They're currently within that 42 day GoDaddy recovery period before I lose them. I wasn't able to renew them, and can't afford to pay the recovery fee they're asking for now. Do you know of any reliable Registrars I could transfer to that are cheaper than GoDaddy?

Really appreciate some help!

Jeremy

Might just let them go...

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    If you are in or past the expiry period you'll have to renew at GoDaddy before you can transfer them.
    That's what I was afraid someone would say.

I'm either gonna sell these domains or let GoDaddy take possession. Probably just simply let them go since I'm a very private person.

Thanks for the info!

you can always hope they clear the back order auctions and drop. How much are the fees per domain?

If they are truly valuable, I'm sure you can find a deal out there to help you retain them in order to sell them privately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethernet Servers View Post
    You can get .com from Namecheap for just $9.79 per year which includes free Whois privacy. You must use coupon code 'AUTUMNCOLORS' for that price.
    That is only for the first year though. Later it will be the regular $10.87 plus $2.88 for domain privacy.
    Sitemeer.com - Is your site up?
    Multi-Location Service Availability Check ● yes, we do HTTPS & IDN!

Quote Originally Posted by BuyServers View Post
    you can always hope they clear the back order auctions and drop. How much are the fees per domain?

If they are truly valuable, I'm sure you can find a deal out there to help you retain them in order to sell them privately.
    The late recovery fee is over $80 per domain name, but over $100 with renewel and privacy added. GoDaddy's penalty for me for not re-registering on time is over $300 for my 3 domains of the same name. my fault since I forgot to re-register on time.

The domains are valuable since I recieved 16 private offers this week, but to wifey she doesn't believe their insane offers, so she doesn't want me to pay GoDaddy's late fees if I wanted to cash in. They're just domain names with no websites attached, but what they stand for at this present time is perfect timing.

My other problem now is an email I created today to reply to these potential buyers. I can't log back in! I created this new email account to keep my personal email private. Anyway, I wrote these interested parties, but there is no way to check when they reply! I then Google this email provider to find out they have serious issues. Wish I researched them first!

Having nothing but a streak of bad luck.

The vast majority of unsolicited domain offers are scams. However, if they're serious, you should note they will probably want the domain to be *not* in expired status before they'll do business with you. Otherwise, they have no way to know for sure you can actually sell the domain...
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyLavine View Post
    The late recovery fee is over $80 per domain name, but over $100 with renewel and privacy added. GoDaddy's penalty for me for not re-registering on time is over $300 for my 3 domains of the same name.
    That's what I was afraid of when I first saw Go Daddy's revised domain-expiry policies. They'd charge their standard renewal rates during the 1st 18 days, then $80++ from day 19 to day 42 of the domain's expiry period at them.

Sorry there really aren't any good news.

Need to transfer some Domain names. Need a trusted Registrar.

Netearth One is my best choose.

Godaddy is the largest and best service provider..
    24X7 support by Goddady will help you if you face any problem in between

Quote Originally Posted by ranjithy View Post
    Godaddy is the largest and best service provider..
    24X7 support by Goddady will help you if you face any problem in between
    Do you have an account with them? or You are working with them?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by culthost View Post
    why dont you wait for 42 days and get the domain on godaddy itself? why do you want to move your domain??
    IMHO - simply because after they drop they will get registered by someone else if they are any good.

OP - PM me the list and I'll give you my opinion if you have something valuable there - ie. worth more than the $100 fee.