Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Volumedrive throw away my SSD, data and cheat my money.

Volumedrive move their data center.
    As they email said, it just need about one day.
    But it last a long time, about one month.

I received a email from burst net. it said that volumedrive throw away a lot of servers.
    So I paid to burst net , after they boot up the server, I found that the hard disks include one SSD, one 1T were lost.

ALL my data is lost.

burst net told me that their CCTV monitor saw that Volumedrive have taken away the harddisks.

I have sent lots of email to Volumedrive. a fellow named Josh reply to me that he will find the harddisks for me.

But after several weeks. he had not reply to me again.

I pay every month on time. but when their move data center. I received several emails ask me pay. So I do this. When I check the paypal records. I see that I pay them twice.

VolumeDrive cheat my money! They always sent the email to clients ask pay money. you may pay to them more than 1 time within one month.

After they got the money. they maybe throw away your hard disks and do not reply to you again.

I known that Volumedrive's staff will see this post.

I just want to tell Volumedrive. If you have not ability , you should not to do this business.

YOU SHOULD GIVE ME THE DATA AND MONEY!

Did they loose the disk or did they physically throw it away?
    You can better resolve it directly with them, as we cannot assist you on that matter here.
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

It seems many people have had issues with VolumeDrive ever since they pulled out BurstNET location.

I hope they respond and solve this matter. It seems they have gone down hill rapidly

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7group View Post
    Did they loose the disk or did they physically throw it away?

No providers should throw away an SSD drive :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    No providers should throw away an SSD drive :-)
    Indeed, such a waste, certainly if it's still working correctly. Sure they lowered in price but they still cost a lot
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

This doesn't surprise me at all unfortunately. VolumeDrive are a train wreck. Anyone using them should have their own backups and expect the worst to happen.

Oh my god, i'm about to order their servers but i will change my mind after reading this thread. May be this is the worst hosting company in the world. It looks like they only want to take money and don't care about the customers.

Quote Originally Posted by zatoach View Post
    Oh my god, i'm about to order their servers but i will change my mind after reading this thread. May be this is the worst hosting company in the world. It looks like they only want to take money and don't care about the customers.
    Really? Hardly the case at all.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Quote Originally Posted by johnway View Post
    Volumedrive move their data center.

So I paid to burst net , after they boot up the server, I found that the hard disks include one SSD, one 1T were lost.

They are in possession of your server/drives, not us. We have certainly not kept, destroyed or have done anything with your drives. If we had your drives or server for that matter, we would most certainly provide access or even ship them to you. We are not in the business of holding anyone's drives or data for that matter. Wish you the best of luck in dealing with them and hopefully they can provide a positive outcome for you.

Quote Originally Posted by EmziD View Post
    It seems many people have had issues with VolumeDrive ever since they pulled out BurstNET location.

I hope they respond and solve this matter. It seems they have gone down hill rapidly
    The entire migration process was long and painful. Anything that has been coming to light was as of a result of the migration and certainly not a reflection on our services since the migration has been completed.

I believe VolumeDrive did noting wrong, and it's out of their control. From what it's looked like to me over the past two months, Burst is holding hardware and making it look like VolumeDrive is the one holding them and 'throwing them away'.

If you look at Burst's reviews here, and people that have had issues, they're not a very reputable company regardless of what service you are getting. At this point in time, I would say VolumeDrive has better service than Burst. When I was with Burst I had tons of problems including them trying to force me to pay for a service that was cancelled over a year ago. I personally haven't had a problem with my VolumeDrive server or their support.

All I'm saying, don't let reviews make you instantly decline to order when another company is tossing out lies.

It doesn't matter, volumedrive was in charge of it when it was lost/kept. They need to replace it and make it right, Otherwise #BanVolumeDrive.

Noone is lying about volumedrive they are a crack pot operation. To be hones I am surprised that WHT hasn't banned them yet.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1309421
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1174943

Quote Originally Posted by violentcrimes View Post
    It doesn't matter, volumedrive was in charge of it when it was lost/kept. They need to replace it and make it right...

Agreed, it was under their care and lost. Volumedrive, unless we're missing part of the story you really should be replacing this drive.

1. I pay you every month on time. Why you lost my server when you move your data center? It's your duty to keep my data, my service safe. right?

2. You reply to me that "We are still searching disks and will have an update for you soon." on 26 Sep. Why no any further information?

3. I pay you twice in a month, and you always sent me email ask me to pay. I have sent you many email and ask paypal to deal with it. Why you do not return my money?

4. Why you leave the wrong number in the paypal ? and do not reply my email ?

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    They are in possession of your server/drives, not us. We have certainly not kept, destroyed or have done anything with your drives. If we had your drives or server for that matter, we would most certainly provide access or even ship them to you. We are not in the business of holding anyone's drives or data for that matter. Wish you the best of luck in dealing with them and hopefully they can provide a positive outcome for you.

Quote Originally Posted by violentcrimes View Post
    It doesn't matter, volumedrive was in charge of it when it was lost/kept. They need to replace it and make it right, Otherwise #BanVolumeDrive.

Noone is lying about volumedrive they are a crack pot operation. To be hones I am surprised that WHT hasn't banned them yet.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1174943
    I totally agreed with you, client pay VD not BN.
    Looking around for some time
    PM me for Website Design and Web Development Work.

Volumedrive throw away my SSD, data and cheat my money.

How can BurstNET possibly know what hard drives were his?

"Hi, I had a server, where's my hard drives", says the customer.
    "One sec, lemme check the Volume Drive database, locate your server, dedicate up to 8 hours of out employees time to watch some mysterious CCTV camera and /assume/ those were his drives"

I'm calling BS. BurstNET had no idea what happened their. They lied through their teeth.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

I feel like this is volumedrives fault. They were responsible for the guys hardware. That said, I cant see burst.net actually staying in business with how terrible their customer support ism

These threads about volumedrive keep spawning in here.

The chickens have come home to roost.
    Last edited by gingir; 10-20-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Volume Drive Is Horrible

Volume drive has dissapointed me previous times in the past if anyone here is with Volume drive I recommend that you cancel your server with them right away!

Volumedrive move their datacenter and leave a lots of servers in the old location. maybe the servers are belong to the burstnet. so Volumedrive can not move it.

Burstnet send email to us(lots of people receive this email) and tell us that burstnet can boot up the server for us. So I paid to burstnet, told them my server ID. After I logged in the server. I found that the SSD and 1T hard disk are lost.

Burstnet told me that they saw volumedrive remove the harddisk and taken it away.
    I paid for the SSD for one time, So it's belong to me (at least belong to voluemdrive), So volumedrive can take it away.

So I ask volumedrive to find the harddisks.

No matter burstnet do. My questions are:

1. I paid to volumedrive every month on time. Why they leave the server and take away the harddisk and lost my data? My valuable data is in the harddisk, many business secret in the harddisk. Who known volumedrive how to do with this? Maybe someday later, the data leak in the internet?

2. I paid to volumedrive twice in a month because volumedrive ask me to do this and they lost my server.

3. I need the data and compensation!

I will post to top 10 hosting forums in the world to tell people. volumedrive is such a cheater!

Volumedrive get your money and take away your harddisk include your valuable data and do not reply your email again!

Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    How can BurstNET possibly know what hard drives were his?

"Hi, I had a server, where's my hard drives", says the customer.
    "One sec, lemme check the Volume Drive database, locate your server, dedicate up to 8 hours of out employees time to watch some mysterious CCTV camera and /assume/ those were his drives"

I'm calling BS. BurstNET had no idea what happened their. They lied through their teeth.

This is absolutely VD's fault. You are NOT Burst's client, and should have no business contacting them to get your drive.

This is something VD needs to take care of. Otherwise they should be sued for your lost property.

1. I paid to volumedrive every month on time. Why they leave the server and take away the harddisk and lost my data? My valuable data is in the harddisk, many business secret in the harddisk. Who known volumedrive how to do with this? Maybe someday later, the data leak in the internet?
    Your data is so important that you did not keep a backup of any kind? For someone who says the data is so critical, trade secret information you should have a backup of such important information. If you do not then I guess the data was not that important.

Also did you physically send them a disk/ssd or where you simply renting like everyone else? If you where just renting it then is not your disk/ssd, just the data on it is yours.

In the end its another person caught up in the while BN/VD issue. I have no issues with the server I have had for about 2 months now. Just seems like issues keep popping up from the migration time period.
    Black Fox Limited
    Dedicated, VPS and Colocation services.

This is the second or third similar thread I've seen this week, this is getting too repetitive. That's unfortunate for the OP, only bad part is unfortunately this is why we preach to keep backups, even if you're at one of the top hosts out there, never hurts to keep your data backed up.

Good luck OP.

I can't even think of a reason why someone keeps doing business with Volumdrive to me they are considered as scam.

Quote Originally Posted by firefoxinc View Post
    Also did you physically send them a disk/ssd or where you simply renting like everyone else? If you where just renting it then is not your disk/ssd, just the data on it is yours.
    Perhaps I'm confusing 2 threads, but I thought the OP had sent them a drive.

Volumedrive move their datacenter and leave a lots of servers in the old location. maybe the servers are belong to the burstnet. so Volumedrive can not move it.

Burstnet send email to us(lots of people receive this email) and tell us that burstnet can boot up the server for us. So I paid to burstnet, told them my server ID. After I logged in the server. I found that the SSD and 1T hard disk are lost.

Burstnet told me that they saw volumedrive remove the harddisk and taken it away.
    I paid for the SSD for one time, So it's belong to me (at least belong to voluemdrive), So volumedrive can take it away.

So I ask volumedrive to find the harddisks.

No matter burstnet do. My questions are:

2. I paid to volumedrive twice in a month because volumedrive ask me to do this and they lost my server.

3. I need the data and compensation!

I will post to top 10 hosting forums in the world to tell people. volumedrive is such a cheater!

Volumedrive get your money and take away your harddisk include your valuable data and do not reply your email again!

So, BurstNET, who has no idea what your server is, because they cannot access VolumeDrives data (legally) said they have your server. Then they gave you a server with no drives?

And you paid them?

Sir, I represent a large investment firm in Albania worth USD $150 million and I need a legal...

You got scammed man.
    Steven Crothers
    No BS cloud engineer and Red Hat architect.

Re: Volumedrive throw away my SSD, data and cheat my money.

So you paid burst? Ask them for a refund

The server has 4 disks. 2 is raid1 200g(mount as /) 1 is 64G SSD, 1 is 1T.

I give the server ID to burstnet, they boot up the server. After I logged in, I found that it just has 1 200G disk. another 200g, SSD and 1T are lost. So I email to burstnet and volumeDrive ask them find out my data. The volumeDrive told me that they did not get it at first, But after I told them burstnet's CCTV record that volumedrive has taken away the disks from the server. volumedrive reply that he will find out it soon. But after 1 month, volumedrive have not replied my email any more.

I paid volumedrive every month on time, It's volumedrive's duty, volumedrive's fault!

The server was down when volumedrive move datacenter in Aug. But I have paid twice for Sep. Yes, twice as volumedrive's request.

Volumedrive is a cheater!

Quote Originally Posted by Crothers View Post
    So, BurstNET, who has no idea what your server is, because they cannot access VolumeDrives data (legally) said they have your server. Then they gave you a server with no drives?

And you paid them?

Sir, I represent a large investment firm in Albania worth USD $150 million and I need a legal...

You got scammed man.

@johnway,

Lets keep this short and simple. We do not have your drive and they are in possession of it. You'll need to take this up with BN to recover your drive / data. We have updated your previous ticket and will provide a refund for you last month of service leading up to our migration. We wish you the best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Dedispec View Post
    This is the second or third similar thread I've seen this week, this is getting too repetitive. That's unfortunate for the OP, only bad part is unfortunately this is why we preach to keep backups, even if you're at one of the top hosts out there, never hurts to keep your data backed up.

Good luck OP.
    All issues arising from the migration that are continuing to be resolved. We have been issuing replacements, refunds or even free service periods for any client that was affected.

I have been sent you lots of email this month and call the phone number you write in the paypal.

The phone number is wrong and you have not replied my email.

Many clients of you may not use webhostingtalk, What should they do?

Let you cheat them and going on cheating another people?

I have open ticket in the paypal, where is your response?

refund? where ?

After the server is down, You also take my two months' fee.

Please notice that your system ask me pay many times in a month and I do pay twice in a month.

I do not know other people notice this? or still cheat by you.

And until now, you still say it's not your duty and no any action!

All issues arising from the migration that are continuing to be resolved. We have been issuing replacements, refunds or even free service periods for any client that was affected.

@johnway,

Lets keep this short and simple. We do not have your drive and they are in possession of it. You'll need to take this up with BN to recover your drive / data. We have updated your previous ticket and will provide a refund for you last month of service leading up to our migration. We wish you the best of luck.
    Simple question on this - why is it your client's responsibility to get the drives back from BN? He paid you for a service, not BN. You were the company (presumably) with the business arrangement with BN. When you took possession of your client's drive, you had a duty of care to look after it properly.

Re: Volumedrive throw away my SSD, data and cheat my money.

Shouldn't have happened in the first place! VolumeDrive you should know what's what with hardware? Instead you've screwed up so blaming BurstNET :/

Quote Originally Posted by rscott101 View Post
    Simple question on this - why is it your client's responsibility to get the drives back from BN? He paid you for a service, not BN. You were the company (presumably) with the business arrangement with BN. When you took possession of your client's drive, you had a duty of care to look after it properly.
    VolumeDrive is bad at taking responsibility.

They have a well documented history of screwing over customers and providers. Anyone still foolish enough to pay VolumeDrive won't get any sympathies from me or many other people on WHT. Its a wonder that VD is still allowed to operate on these forums.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1299275
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1297782
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1292859
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1309224
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1303774
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1301649

The Megathread
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1296858

Which begs the question, why are they still allowed to advertise here?

Its been happening for years and they still can do their advertising on WHT. I personally think its unfair for a client to go this far to get refund and backups when they have always paid for their services.

Volumedrive, its time to come clean for once!!!
    Fully Managed Web Hosting with 24hrs Non Stop Support
    Wordpress Hosting | Socialengine Hosting | phpFox Hosting
    30 Days Money back | 24hrs Non Stop Support | Instant Setup

OP had no business relationship with BurstNet. The drive in question was entrusted to you, and its loss is therefore wholly your responsibility. If you no longer have it in your possession and you are unable to recover it, your only option is to fully reimburse OP for the cost of the lost hardware.

But we all know you're not going to do that, don't we.

I hope volume drive goes bankrupt and closes up. They sound like the worst server provider ever. I hope this thread is the first result in a google search for volume drive.

I have been sent you lots of email this month and call the phone number

[SIZE="5"][COLOR="Red"]refund? where
    Our number listed is on our website, please call us at anytime and we'd be more than happy to assist you.

We have tried on your behalf to retrieve your drive from that belonged to VolumeDrive, to no avail. Therefore, in an effort to resolve any conflict we are refunding you for three months of service which includes August. This will be processed later today and we will update your ticket with the information.

Refunding money wont restore the data that was on his drive that volume drive was responsible for.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast