Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MyCustomHosting / My Custom Hosting : Worst service ever

MyCustomHosting / My Custom Hosting : Worst service ever

Hello Sir

First i know this is my first message here, but it's a message for warning people , so i think it's important.

After several years of hosting, i need to change and i see this offer on your website about MyCustomHosting :

webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1313267

WHT-2GB-100GB-2000GB
    2048 MB RAM (Guaranteed)
    •2048 MB Swap
    •100 GB Disk Space (SSD Cached)
    •2000 GB Data Transfer
    •4 Cores
    •1 IPv4 + 5 IPv6 Addresses
    •Available In 2 Locations!
    •$7 Monthly! Order Here

It's very interresting and i try to make the best to take one and ask several question before payement .

After pay i receive instant access with that mail :
    img15.hostingpics.net/pics/617254screen1.png

After click on the link this is this with content about special modification that i aren't heard talking before :

img15.hostingpics.net/pics/971255screen2.png

In first i don't see this email, so i try to normally access at my vps and after some failed access i write the first ticket of the message that i put more down . I send apologies for this mistake.

After you can have the entire discution with link to the screenshot include in tickets at the bottom of this screenshot.

img15.hostingpics.net/pics/817765screen6.png

Top Screenshot ligne8.png :
    img15.hostingpics.net/pics/407074ligne8.png

Middle Screenshot Sans titre3.jpg :
    img15.hostingpics.net/pics/288913IMG18102013204510.png

Bottom Screenshot Sans titre3.jpg :
    img15.hostingpics.net/pics/478606Sanstitre3.jpg

Now my offer was cancelled as you can see on this screenshot :
    img15.hostingpics.net/pics/395978screen4.png

My only fault : Asking for a working service

So don't try Mycustomhosting / My custom Hosting / My custom hosting worst service i ever seen !!!

Ps: Sorry i didn't have the right to post url : so please take the time to see to add the usual prefixe before url. Thanks
    Last edited by Clusters; 10-18-2013 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Add principal screenshot

It's the worst service because you can't follow a simple tutorial to get your networking working correctly?

I recently signed up with MyCustomHosting, their 1GB KVM plan, like you I did not know I had to configure the networking beforehand. It was a little confusing at first as I did not thoroughly read the welcome email and thought it was an issue with their KVM templates. Once I had a look in their knowledge base, I followed their guide and my networking was working without a problem. I do not know why they can't enable auto configuration, as this is annoying, but the VPS is cheap and works well once setup.

At the top of the email with the VPS details there was a large note:
    IMPORTANT: If you have ordered a VPS in our Montreal, Canada location... Please read ->

https://billing.mycustomhosting.net/...ayarticle&id=5 for assistance in getting your network setup correctly.
    I did not read it, and that was my fault! I didn't have to open a support ticket because it's right there in the knowledge base, which is the first place you should look if you're having any problems. Their instructions worked just fine in both Debian & CentOS, they were simple and easy to follow.

Stick with an OpenVZ VPS if you're not comfortable managing a VPS over VNC, at least for the initial setup.
    Last edited by Nunim; 10-18-2013 at 09:35 PM.

Customer purchased a budget self managed VPS and may be better suited with a managed provider or like the previous reply states, OpenVZ. We felt neither of us were going to be happy with the business arrangement and decided it would be in both of our best interest that we split ways.

If it is not your responsibility to manage your self managed VPS. We feel that having you on our network may be a liability. Do you believe securing your VPS is your responsibility? Configuring a network interface is pretty standard management stuff.

You were provided a working service and were unable to set up the network configuration. As shown in the ticket screenshots.

BTW this configuration is 110% completely valid. Please check with my CA KVM provider DC @ OVH BHS. You will see this is how their entire network works. http://help.ovh.co.uk/BridgeClient

I love the fact you NEVER mention you were refunded.. How were you scammed if you were refunded...?
    Last edited by MyCustomHosting; 10-18-2013 at 11:02 PM.
    My Custom Hosting - cPanel Web Hosting - cPanel Reseller Hosting - Domains - Unmanaged VPS
    Affordable Prices & Reliable Service

answer

Quote Originally Posted by Nunim View Post
    It's the worst service because you can't follow a simple tutorial to get your networking working correctly?

I recently signed up with MyCustomHosting, their 1GB KVM plan, like you I did not know I had to configure the networking beforehand. It was a little confusing at first as I did not thoroughly read the welcome email and thought it was an issue with their KVM templates. Once I had a look in their knowledge base, I followed their guide and my networking was working without a problem. I do not know why they can't enable auto configuration, as this is annoying, but the VPS is cheap and works well once setup.

At the top of the email with the VPS details there was a large note: I did not read it, and that was my fault! I didn't have to open a support ticket because it's right there in the knowledge base, which is the first place you should look if you're having any problems. Their instructions worked just fine in both Debian & CentOS, they were simple and easy to follow.

Stick with an OpenVZ VPS if you're not comfortable managing a VPS over VNC, at least for the initial setup.
    Thank's for answer

First you have in Right i open ticket' before see the mail.
    If you read the entire tickets, when he tell me to do, i apologies for not seen the welcome mail and after i follow the tutorial given.

So when you tell " It's the worst service because you can't follow a simple tutorial to get your networking working correctly?"
    I think you not take the time to take a look on screenshot and over, because all the simple tutorial have been apply. All step write in messsage are do .

Quote Originally Posted by MyCustomHosting View Post
    Customer purchased a budget self managed VPS and may be better suited with a managed provider or like the previous reply states, OpenVZ. We felt neither of us were going to be happy with the business arrangement and decided it would be in both of our best interest that we split ways.

If it is not your responsibility to manage your self managed VPS. We feel that having you on our network may be a liability. Do you believe securing your VPS is your responsibility? Configuring a network interface is pretty standard management stuff.

You were provided a working service and were unable to set up the network configuration. As shown in the ticket screenshots.

BTW this configuration is 110% completely valid. Please check with my CA KVM provider DC @ OVH BHS. You will see this is how their entire network works.

I love the fact you NEVER mention you were refunded.. How were you scammed if you were refunded...?
    First : Sorry you're in right, i use the words Scam but it's not true because you have refund me, after kick me from you're service, without asking me, just because i have asking some questions. Sorry you're not a scammer, only forward not very commercial

But I think not really be dishonest in this message, because it is me who is providing you the link of this discution do not forget.

Finally : Me when i tell you that not's work : I send proof with screenshot and more.
    You when you tell me that's working, you never send proof and you kick me

look for the error

I hope your next provider is able to accommodate your needs and demands. Have a nice day.
    My Custom Hosting - cPanel Web Hosting - cPanel Reseller Hosting - Domains - Unmanaged VPS

I indeed agree with you.
    This guy is extremely arrogant.
    Poor support just promote his company to die.

You are not able to even use SSH and purchase a self managed VPS... Not sure how that was going to work out good for EITHER of us.

We have plenty of happy customers and have no problem turning away people who are in over their heads. As you were. Your VPS was cancelled, and you were refunded. Yet, you want my business to die.. lol

I hope your next provider is able to accommodate your needs and demands. Have a nice day.

How to say I'm not able to use SSH?
    Your VPS all were without network setting but need customer to set it manully.
    You are not completely wrong but also not completely right.
    Even if anyone know how to setting the network on VPS,but this is just the base service from every provider.
    You are taking unnecessary pains to study an insignificant problem,"split hairs
    "simply,you know?

You do know ALL OVH KVM VPS are this way? This isnt a new thing. There is simple how-to document you're linked to in the welcome email. Instead you beg me to do it for you..

Heck, OVH has tons of documents on doing just this. Bottom line you purchased the CHEAPEST VPS you could find and are mad because you expect me to hold your hand.

As you were told in the ticket, you are to use VNC via SolusVM to configure your networking. You responded you do not know how to use vi.. You obviously know very little about managing a VPS.

Okey,you believe you are god,right?
    Do you want to say I should order the server via OVH directly,but don't trouble you?
    I do not know how to use vi mean I can't managing a VPS?
    What a absurdity logic!
    You are just willing to spend more time to reply tick and show your reason,but not willing to spend less time to help someone.
    Do you thing you are doing business?

* BEWARE! MyCustomHosting is a SCAM!!

I wish I found this thread earlier...

I paid $180 USD for the 1536-KVM package. It was provisioned instantly, but did not have any Internet connectivity due to a networking issue. I opened up a support ticket and Phil Robinson responded extremely abrasively and closed my account while offering a refund within 3-5 business days. Since this an unnecessary delay (PayPal refund is a one-click procedure), I pointed out that this potential 5 day wait was not covered under MyCustomHosting's Terms of Service. I opened up a PayPal claim, and Phil provided the following LIES to PayPal: "Customer has purchased a digital hosting package. Digital purchases are not covered under the paypal buyer protection. Service was rendered and customer is now trying to scam me out of service." Quite the contrary...

In Summary:
    Phil made no effort to correct the network problem and provided inadequate customer service.
    Phil then proceeded to cancel the service and lie to PayPal in order to retain my $180 USD.

AVOID this provider. Phil SCAMMED me and kept my money!

Quote Originally Posted by jie-chow View Post
    I wish I found this thread earlier...

I paid $180 USD for the 1536-KVM package. It was provisioned instantly, but did not have any Internet connectivity due to a networking issue. I opened up a support ticket and Phil Robinson responded extremely abrasively and closed my account while offering a refund within 3-5 business days. Since this an unnecessary delay (PayPal refund is a one-click procedure), I pointed out that this potential 5 day wait was not covered under MyCustomHosting's Terms of Service. I opened up a PayPal claim, and Phil provided the following LIES to PayPal: "Customer has purchased a digital hosting package. Digital purchases are not covered under the paypal buyer protection. Service was rendered and customer is now trying to scam me out of service." Quite the contrary...

In Summary:
    Phil made no effort to correct the network problem and provided inadequate customer service.
    Phil then proceeded to cancel the service and lie to PayPal in order to retain my $180 USD.

AVOID this provider. Phil SCAMMED me and kept my money!
    I think with most hosts, refunds have to be approved by management/billing and support can't do it.

From reading these posts, you both purchased unmanaged KVM machines, which came with documentation on how to set networking up, but instead contacted suppport (even though they're unmanaged).

Support then agreed to refund you, but you opened up a PayPal claim instead? Why?
    Some useful tutorials for VPSes...
    Set up an unmanaged Linux VPS to host websites
    (avoid having to pay for cPanel)
    Install a GUI on a Linux VPS with RDP (cheap alternative to paying for a Windows license if you need a basic remote workstation)

You do know ALL OVH KVM VPS are this way? This isnt a new thing. There is simple how-to document you're linked to in the welcome email. Instead you beg me to do it for you..

Heck, OVH has tons of documents on doing just this. Bottom line you purchased the CHEAPEST VPS you could find and are mad because you expect me to hold your hand.

As you were told in the ticket, you are to use VNC via SolusVM to configure your networking. You responded you do not know how to use vi.. You obviously know very little about managing a VPS.
    I hope people really see how bad customer support you have. You're right that it's common practice, that you have to use VNC from solusVM to configure your KVM server before it's gets online.
    But I remember that I got my first KVM servers with Prometeus, Mr. Salvatore of course helped me so my servers got online. Not only once, but several times.

Thats why your company would not last very long, and Prometeus has been there for 16 years, and thats why I have used them ever since.

So yes, you're right, the customer should have followed the guide. but you could have helped him. Then you maybe have gotten a good review here.
    Good luck with ALL your customers.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)
    Powered by: Kimsufi, backed up by: Hetzner, DigitalOcean and Vultr.com
    Also using
    SolaDrive.com (56+ months), KnownHost.com (56+ months)

@myhken good job realizing there is only one side to every story. If you did your homework you'd see I have many happy customers. But hey it's easier to throw stones than otherwise? Huh? My business going somewhere? Not any time soon. Business is great. Thank you for your concern.

@Jie. Your first ticket was not resolved in a matter of 2 hours so you respond again saying you are going to leave me a bad review on websites. I don't have time for that childish behavior. If you can't wait 2 hours for issue resolution, you likely need to spend a little bit more and get a MANAGED service.

At the time I received your second ticket, your issue was almost resolved. Funny how things work out. I don't take threats at all. Call it what you want. It's a threat. Within minutes of you sending your third reply you chargeback through paypal for the reason "non receipt". That is considered fraud. I do not take to fraud very well at all. Because you decided to chargeback and cause more work for me behind the scenes your refund was denied. I have no problem refunding people. If you chargeback you null that feature of my service.

Hosting companies also do not usually process same day refunds. Because of abuse and fraud issues.

@Jie. Your first ticket was not resolved in a matter of 2 hours so you respond again saying you are going to leave me a bad review on websites. I don't have time for that childish behavior. If you can't wait 2 hours for issue resolution, you likely need to spend a little bit more and get a MANAGED service.

At the time I received your second ticket, your issue was almost resolved. Funny how things work out. I don't take threats at all. Call it what you want. It's a threat. Within minutes of you sending your third reply you chargeback through paypal for the reason "non receipt". That is considered fraud. I do not take to fraud very well at all. Because you decided to chargeback and cause more work for me behind the scenes your refund was denied. I have no problem refunding people. If you chargeback you null that feature of my service.

Hosting companies also do not usually process same day refunds. Because of abuse and fraud issues.
    I claimed that I did not receive an operational VPS, and this is not fraud, it's a matter of fact. Nor have I threatened you, I've asked for your support and referenced the WHT community! You have yet to deliver a VPS that I am able to configure or manage. KVM vendors at the very least will provide VNC or console access via a Java applet. Yours was not working, hence my request for support through your ticket managements system. Instead of quipping at me for asking for your help, please consider the need to provide customer service; you're operating a business after all.

Your replies were abrasive and arrogant. Instead of offering to help correct the networking problem on your end that was preventing me from the most basic access to the VPS, you canceled the service. I was doing my best to communicate with you, and our dealings were much longer than 2 hours, please don't exaggerate.

I didn't receive anything for $180, which is why the PayPal dispute was opened. If you aren't happy that it was entered as a "Not Received" claim, I have no problem switching it to "Not as Described."

In any case, I will give you the opportunity to make good on this. Merely, provide the VPS with Internet connectivity so that it can be accessed and configured (I'm familiar with unmanaged setups and your routing FAQ was of no help), or please issue a refund (it's a one-click procedure in PayPal). I'm all for resolving differences, and don't believe that you should be able to steal my $180 USD and provide nothing in return. That- is fraud, and why you've provoked me to post and warn the greater community.

Quote Originally Posted by jie-chow View Post
    I claimed that I did not receive an operational VPS, and this is not fraud, it's a matter of fact. Nor have I threatened you, I've asked for your support and referenced the WHT community! You have yet to deliver a VPS that I am able to configure or manage. KVM vendors at the very least will provide VNC or console access via a Java applet. Yours was not working, hence my request for support through your ticket managements system. Instead of quipping at me for asking for your help, please consider the need to provide customer service; you're operating a business after all.

Your replies were abrasive and arrogant. Instead of offering to help correct the networking problem on your end that was preventing me from the most basic access to the VPS, you canceled the service. I was doing my best to communicate with you, and our dealings were much longer than 2 hours, please don't exaggerate.

I didn't receive anything for $180, which is why the PayPal dispute was opened. If you aren't happy that it was entered as a "Not Received" claim, I have no problem switching it to "Not as Described."

In any case, I will give you the opportunity to make good on this. Merely, provide the VPS with Internet connectivity so that it can be accessed and configured (I'm familiar with unmanaged setups and your routing FAQ was of no help), or please issue a refund (it's a one-click procedure in PayPal). I'm all for resolving differences, and don't believe that you should be able to steal my $180 USD and provide nothing in return. That- is fraud, and why you've provoked me to post and warn the greater community.
    I'll just leave a copy of the ticket here. I feel it really will add some extra light to this. You never gave me a chance to resolve the issue, instead in about 2 hours message and say if it's not fixed now, you will be posting reviews on webhostingtalk.

Out of respect for your privacy I have blocked out any identifying information.

http://i.imgur.com/clXTRUM.png

If you were not ok with my refund policy you shouldn't have placed an order. If you had any questions concerning my refund policy you could have voiced them prior to purchasing anything. I am very forthcoming and very honest about things, if you take that as abrasive.. Please take a step back and read what I wrote you again.

On that I didn't respond until you took to making threats. At which point I was working on your issue and had completed a quick migration to resolve any IP issues you were having and this would allow me to resolve the issue with the original IP when I returned to my desktop or laptop. Not doing so over my mobile phone.

Respect is a two way street. If your not going to respect me and my business enough to allow me even 2 hours to resolve a problem. I can't help you.

You were informed refunds are processed in 3-5 business days and chose to create more work and chose to charge back. I don't give second chances. As far as business is concerned this relationship is over. You only want to make good because your dispute was closed in my favor.

Have to admit that @jie-chow had some unrealistic expectation to a unmanaged host. If the host is unmanaged and don't provide 24/7 support, then don't expect a reply within two hours. And Mycustomhosting has it written all over their homepage:

for a response in 4 hours or less, usually we average between 15 minutes and 1 hour.
    @jie-chow you should go for a fully managed hosting provider with a reply time guarantee. You can't be using unmanaged hosts when you expect replies back within a so short time.
    My Top 20 benchmark list (and review site)