Social Netork Server

Hello forum members. I need some directional advice regarding constructing a viable server or, in my case, most likely a network of servers. I will do my best to provide as much relevant information as i can regarding the structure of the project, but all data i can provide is based on projected statistics. One thing i will add is that as much as i appreciate any and all advice, this question is STRICTLY for the professionals who have past experience id dealing with the insanely high load i will be handling, so i would appreciate if only people qualified to answer do so.

We are currently developing a product that incorporates a nation wide business directory of over 20 million businesses in the united states,a job board, lead generation system and social network with chat, inbox communication, user profile management and auctioning.

Our double opt-in campaign has been running for over a year now,and when we go live we expect to have over 2 million of the business listings upgrade to a subscription based listing, as well as over 500,000 consumers activate a user level account within a few months of the launch.

We have been sourcing numerous solutions for hosting this product through a third party company, but we would also like to entertain the idea of self hosting.

The website itself is based in WordPress, you all are familiar with this CMS. Buddypress operates the social network side of things. Currently all of our 20+ million business listings will be in a MySQL database, with a separate MySQL database for user account information.

I can not predict our I/O demand, nor how many users will be on at once. So we would like to know if anybody can recommend a rack mount system we can self host this on that will handle this initial load until we can afford something larger.

I do know that i will be using an advanced raid array with solid state drives, most likely 1 + 0 array. I understand that for pure computing power i will need at least a dual quad core configuration etc. The problem is that i have never constructed a rack mount server or any other system that will handle this amount of data, so i have no idea where to begin. Quality of equipment is of utmost importance. The best read/write speeds are desired, as well as a nic setup that wont bottleneck with our 500/100 Mbps fiber optic internet connection.

Thanks a ton for your time, and i look forward to all advice you can offer.

i want to add, so far this is what we are looking at, is it overkill or not even enough?
    CPU: 4x Opteron 6308 3.5GHz 16MB Cache
    DDR3 Memory: 1x 32GB DDR3 1333MHz ECC Reg (4 x 8GB)
    SAS/SATA HDD 1: 1x Seagate Constellation ES.3 2TB 7200RPM 128MB SATA 3.0 HDD
    SAS/SATA HDD 2: 1x Seagate Constellation ES.3 2TB 7200RPM 128MB SATA 3.0 HDD
    SAS/SATA HDD 3: 1x Seagate Constellation ES.3 2TB 7200RPM 128MB SATA 3.0 HDD
    SAS/SATA HDD 4: 1x Seagate Constellation ES.3 2TB 7200RPM 128MB SATA 3.0 HDD
    RAID Controller: 1x LSI MegaRAID 9271-8i with CacheVault
    PCI Express Expansion: 1x Intel X520-T2 Dual Port 10G NIC
    Slim DVD Upgrades: 1x LG 6x BluRay/DVD Burner Slim
    Operating System: 1x Ubuntu 12.04 Server 64 Bit (LTS)
    RAID Level: 1x RAID 10 - Stripe of Mirrors

also, can you see any potential bottlenecks with this setup?