Problem With jaguarpc

Hello I purchased vps from them yesterday but apt-get install command is not working i asked them to fix it and they are saying your vps is unmanaged we will charge $35 half hour to fix this issue.Many vps providers that i used before and currently have this command running by default.So i need your opinion guys what do you think about this.

Is this a debian based linux(ubuntu) or CentOS? If CentOS use Yum.

Quote Originally Posted by HRR1963 View Post
    Is this a debian based linux(ubuntu) or CentOS? If CentOS use Yum.
    HRR1963 I really appreciate your help but the OS is Ubuntu and we use apt-get install command which is not working in my vps.

$35 an hour??? o.O wow that's pretty crazy
    FusedServers.com - Shared and Dedicated Servers
    █ Softaculous, CloudFlare, cPanel, 99% Uptime, MySQL, PHP, Dallas, Tx.
    Sales@FusedServers.com - Shared and Dedicated Web Hostin

Quote Originally Posted by TremorHost View Post
    Yes that correct $35 per half hour.Also problem is not that critical that i should pay them $35 i simply asked them to make their apt-get install command working for which they are asking me to pay fees.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallog View Post
    HRR1963 I really appreciate your help but the OS is Ubuntu and we use apt-get install command which is not working in my vps.
    How exactly is it "not working"? What error do you get?

$35 per half-hour. $35 per hour would indeed be crazy cheap...
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Assuming you have wget installed. You can always download & install missing packages from ubuntu mirror such as http://mirror.pnl.gov/ubuntu//pool/main/a/apt/
    Make sure to choose 32-bit or 64-bit as per your OS architecture.

Additionally you may need to add corresponding ubuntu repository. Please visit http://repogen.simplylinux.ch/ for the same.

Hope it will help.
    RSHosting.com: Reliable & Secure, Managed Web Hosting since 2003
    UK / US datacenters Linux & Windows HostingLet'sEncrypt SSL
    Web Hosting | Managed Wordpress Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Server | Managed Dedicated Servers

Problem With jaguarpc

$35 half of an hour! $70 per hour!!

[QUOTE=foobic;8877165]How exactly is it "not working"? What error do you get?
    It says Unable to locate package.

It says Unable to locate package.
    Ok, so:
    1. What package are you trying to install?
    2. Which repository do you expect to find it in?
    3. Is that repository configured correctly in your apt sources?

Edit, also, did you run "apt-get update" first?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    Ok, so:
    1. What package are you trying to install?
    2. Which repository do you expect to find it in?
    3. Is that repository configured correctly in your apt sources?

Edit, also, did you run "apt-get update" first?
    [*]What package are you trying to install?

Its vsftpd Plus i get the same error for other packages as well.
    [*]Which repository do you expect to find it in?

I cant answer that correctly but with my other vps providers i was able to install it they are also on ubuntu OS.
    [*]Is that repository configured correctly in your apt sources?

I am not linux expert so i cant exactly tell thats why i submitted the ticket got the same problem with other unmanaged host and they fixed it instantly.

Its vsftpd Plus i get the same error for other packages as well.
    Strange. It looks like vsftpd should be included in the standard repos. Check your /etc/apt/sources.list and make sure the VPS is able to access the internet.
    I am not linux expert so i cant exactly tell thats why i submitted the ticket got the same problem with other unmanaged host and they fixed it instantly.
    Perhaps they did, but on an unmanaged (self-managed) server some basic troubleshooting is your responsibility. Once you find the problem, if it's within your power to fix it then you do, if not you ask the provider. Just going to an unmanaged provider and telling them "x doesn't work" is always likely to get you this kind of response.
    Chris

I found this method but it not in my control to do it they have main admin access.
    Try opening "Update Manager", click "Settings" and on the "Ubuntu software" tab choose a different "Download from" server.

Then check for updates again and then try apt-get install again.
    This is the method and i don't have any gui interface through which i can enable that option.

Quote Originally Posted by foobic View Post
    Just going to an unmanaged provider and telling them "x doesn't work" is always likely to get you this kind of response.
    Well don't say that many unmanaged provider that i used in past and currently using are able to solve such kind of issue for me without any problem.So please don't compare other companies with poor jaguarpc customer support.

Since this is not critical, do yourself a favor and redeploy the VM. It should solve the issue if it was caused by something you did.

Quote Originally Posted by HRR1963 View Post
    Since this is not critical, do yourself a favor and redeploy the VM. It should solve the issue if it was caused by something you did.
    You wont believe my solusvm login is not working as well and they are doing nothing about it.So i should better ignore such kind companies as is not worth it for me to waste my time with such of companies.I recommend everyone if your data is mission critical stay away from jaguarpc and you will say thank you to me later that i saved you from them.

Try running 'apt-get update' and then 'apt-get install vsftpd'

Quote Originally Posted by tracerouteme View Post
    Try running 'apt-get update' and then 'apt-get install vsftpd'
    I already tried it but not working.But anyway i gave up on them and will ignore them.

You wont believe my solusvm login is not working as well and they are doing nothing about it.So i should better ignore such kind companies as is not worth it for me to waste my time with such of companies.I recommend everyone if your data is mission critical stay away from jaguarpc and you will say thank you to me later that i saved you from them.
    We cannot definitely get your solusvm log in details reset for you and I have asked one of our team members to do so already based on the email you sent to me.

Ultimately based on the email, the ticket and this thread, it sounds like an unmanaged vps solution, is not the best solution for your needs. With an unmanaged vps if it has access to the internet and you can log in, that ends our support. We still handle kernal upgrades, hardware replacement, solusvm upgrades, etc. The things you do not have direct access to. That is all covered.

It sounds like you really need a managed vps solution which would give you full access to support for updates and items you cannot resolve.
    Synersis Media | Boutique Technology Marketing Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary McClung View Post
    We cannot definitely get your solusvm log in details reset for you and I have asked one of our team members to do so already based on the email you sent to me.

Ultimately based on the email, the ticket and this thread, it sounds like an unmanaged vps solution, is not the best solution for your needs. With an unmanaged vps if it has access to the internet and you can log in, that ends our support. We still handle kernal upgrades, hardware replacement, solusvm upgrades, etc. The things you do not have direct access to. That is all covered.

It sounds like you really need a managed vps solution which would give you full access to support for updates and items you cannot resolve.
    Its seems like you are very good in proving your customers wrong but good luck with that.Everyone saw your true face.I am not going to waste my time by giving you guys justification do whatever you want.
    Last edited by digitallog; 10-16-2013 at 10:40 AM.