KVM VPS IP Problem;

i just bought a new KVM VPS, i changed its old IP to new IP; now both IPs are not working

i don't want to delete/Loss the data.
    what i do now

does your provider give VNC Access to your VPS ?

In that case you can access over there, or your customer panel and
    get inside your server, and check why the IP didn't work.

But a as a rule of gold, open allways first a ticket with your provider
    and ask for help.

Good Luck!
    Multiple Locations, Services & Solutions for your Needs since 2005 !!
    www.increhost.com | sales[@]increhost.net | WeServers!
    █ GTalk: increhost[@] | Skype: increhost | MSN: sales[@]increhost.net

Is it any control panel driven VPS ( like solusVM )? You have any option to reboot the VPS? If so, did you try to reboot it? If none worked, contact your VPS provider support is what I suggest. With these limited information, I am unsure upto what level people can help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Increhost View Post
    does your provider give VNC Access to your VPS ?

In that case you can access over there, or your customer panel and
    get inside your server, and check why the IP didn't work.

But a as a rule of gold, open allways first a ticket with your provider
    and ask for help.

Good Luck!
    i think yes.!

In clientarea.php, its showing a consol Button. And after clicking in it its connecting to any_other_IP:5900

Quote Originally Posted by nixtree View Post
    Is it any control panel driven VPS ( like solusVM )? You have any option to reboot the VPS? If so, did you try to reboot it? If none worked, contact your VPS provider support is what I suggest. With these limited information, I am unsure upto what level people can help you.
    yes, in clientarea.php, i have done restart of my VPS. But still not works..

server support team also unable to solve this..

Quote Originally Posted by waptoplist View Post

Well, that is so sad to hear. I am unsure how their support can say they cannot resolve it. Anyway if you have console / VNC access, login to the server and make sure that it is properly configured for IPs. If all looks good and still it is not responding to requests - try removing all IP bounds and reattach old IP again. If old IP works fine and new one is still working, it may be a routing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by nixtree View Post
    Well, that is so sad to hear. I am unsure how their support can say they cannot resolve it. Anyway if you have console / VNC access, login to the server and make sure that it is properly configured for IPs. If all looks good and still it is not responding to requests - try removing all IP bounds and reattach old IP again. If old IP works fine and new one is still working, it may be a routing issue.

thanks brother..!

It can be possible by clientarea.php -> consol.?

When i clicked on console button, its connected to 198.27.69.**:5900 then it shows my Whm Accounts Lists (all the account names which was created in WHM). And after clicking on anyone of my account name, it asks for pass, and after entering pass its Showing a Blank Page (CentOS Logo in Blue Background).

To be frank I am unsure about it. I was mentioning about CLI console access where you can troubleshoot your network settings. When you say you could access WHM from VNC console, I am unsure how to go further. Try to use your old IP and get the system alive again. Then contact your host's support for any IP flip. They should provide support to correct such things as it is an issue with their infrastructure.

If you have access to the VPS via VNC or in rescue mode, make sure to delete :
    /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

This file will be created again automatically. This will clear the mac address on the system which many a times will cause issues with your new network.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

thanks brother..!

It can be possible by clientarea.php -> consol.?

When i clicked on console button, its connected to 198.27.69.**:5900 then it shows my Whm Accounts Lists (all the account names which was created in WHM). And after clicking on anyone of my account name, it asks for pass, and after entering pass its Showing a Blank Page (CentOS Logo in Blue Background).
    Did you contact your technical support about this ?

also rebooting and checking VNC while it does could give you
    some insight about the boot process and possible errors,
    despite that should show you the login prompt at the end.

Cheers
    Multiple Locations, Services & Solutions for your Needs since 2005 !!
    www.increhost.com | sales[@]increhost.net | WeServers!
    █ GTalk: increhost[@] | Skype: increhost | MSN: sales[@]increhost.net

They should indeed be able to solve this, if not you should be able to solve it via VNC.

Which company are you talking about here?

Quote Originally Posted by alons View Post
    If you have access to the VPS via VNC or in rescue mode, make sure to delete :
    /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules

This file will be created again automatically. This will clear the mac address on the system which many a times will cause issues with your new network.
    i have attached the screenshot of my clientarea.php -> Console button,
    in 1st pic, its showing my all whm account lists,
    in 2nd pic, when i tried to login in one of my account, its showing only blank page (pic 2).

there is no option to enter SSH commands

now tell me what i do
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Untitled.png   Untitled2.png  
    Last edited by waptoplist; 10-16-2013 at 03:43 PM.

That's because that is not your WHM account list, that is the login screen for centOS and it seems you have the desktop GUI installed. log in with your root account and password, then you will find the terminal under the dropdown menus.