Results 1 to 31 of 31

Thread: UK VPS Hosting?

  1. #1

    UK VPS Hosting?

    hi all, i currently have a VPS with EUKhost and have been with them for many years, and whilst the service is okay, the infrastructure seems to be terrible.

    I'm looking for an additional VPS with a new company. I need UK located servers, ideally UK support (or at least only outsourced during evenings and weekends) and a good reputation with decent (or at least reasonable) support. Currently trawling through google etc, but does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1,794
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ~/
    Posts
    1,313
    Racksrv.com is a great choice, also consider necs.co.uk and openitc.co.uk
    -> INCEPTION HOSTING LIMITED
    -> QUALITY XEN & OpenVZ VPS HOSTING
    -> PHOENIX & MIAMI USA & THE NETHERLANDS & UK EU
    -> WHITE LABEL XEN VPS RESELLER PLANS

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Sheffield, UK
    Posts
    119
    Clustered.net

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manchester, UK
    Posts
    177
    Are you looking for Windows or Linux based VPS?
    Do you have a budget and specification in mind?
    Farbyte Ltd [UK] ♦ Professional UK Hosting ♦ Tel: +44 (0)843 532 0744
    cPanel® web hosting since 2006.
    SSD caching VPS with resilient, redundant replicated storage & IPS
    ♦ Hosting ♦ Domains ♦ SSL Certificates ♦ VPS

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,077
    If you dont need management then www.linode.com no contest.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Data center
    Posts
    539
    You may also see http://www.heartinternet.co.uk/vps
    They have uk support as well as demanding VPS'es

  8. #8
    Thanks, just to elaborate, i'm looking for managed, linux, around £40 per month or below. Minimum 2gb, 2 core, 50gb disk, and 500gb transfer.

    RackSRV look good, not sure if they offer managed, so going to email them
    Haart Internet.. have some terrible reviews. Admittedly mainly from shared hosting customers though, moaning about domain services.
    Clustered.net seem okay, although low bandwidth on their £50 a month packages.
    necs.co.uk and openitc.co.uk seem to offer other services as well, such as IT support etc, which is always a bad sign to me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    New York, USA
    Posts
    3,587
    Quote Originally Posted by adibranch View Post
    Thanks, just to elaborate, i'm looking for managed, linux, around £40 per month or below. Minimum 2gb, 2 core, 50gb disk, and 500gb transfer.

    RackSRV look good, not sure if they offer managed, so going to email them
    Haart Internet.. have some terrible reviews. Admittedly mainly from shared hosting customers though, moaning about domain services.
    Clustered.net seem okay, although low bandwidth on their £50 a month packages.
    necs.co.uk and openitc.co.uk seem to offer other services as well, such as IT support etc, which is always a bad sign to me.
    lovevps


    .

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    125
    I've used RackSrv for both VPS and Dedicated servers in the past, and would recommend them for both.

    However, I'm unsure if they do managed VPS. They do for Dedicated servers, http://www.racksrv.com/managed-dedicated-servers

    .
    zFast Technologies - Affordable Web Hosting
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, SHOUTcast & Domain Registration!
    █ Quality web hosting since 2009 - www.zfast.co.uk

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    US; UK/EU; Asia/Australia
    Posts
    893
    I would recommend ntchosting or hostcoloreurope.
    Both have managed VPS within your price range.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    291
    You may want to check below listed UK registered VPS providers

    http://heartinternet.co.uk
    http://webhost.uk.net

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    266

    Re: UK VPS Hosting?

    weloveservers.net is great and their support often responds in 10 minutes.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by adibranch View Post
    hi all, i currently have a VPS with EUKhost and have been with them for many years, and whilst the service is okay, the infrastructure seems to be terrible.

    I'm looking for an additional VPS with a new company. I need UK located servers, ideally UK support (or at least only outsourced during evenings and weekends) and a good reputation with decent (or at least reasonable) support. Currently trawling through google etc, but does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks
    FutureHosting without a doubt! I've been with them 4 years.....VPS, Hybrid, and Dedi!

  15. #15
    thanks for the replies. I think futurehosting is based in the US though, so not ideal for my purposes.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Middletown, USA
    Posts
    2,071
    also you can order from ovh.co.uk here in : http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-classic.xml
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Rotherham, UK
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by ServerSub View Post
    also you can order from ovh.co.uk here in : http://www.ovh.co.uk/vps/vps-classic.xml
    OVH Servers are located in France and Canada, not the UK which the OP requested.
    Virtual6 - UK Dedicated Servers, Colocation and VPS.
    UK Supermicro Xeon E3-1240v3 Dedicated servers, up to 4x drives, 8GB - 32GB RAM.
    European KVM VPS with guaranteed vCPU, Auto DDoS detection & mitigation, Proxmox VE 3.x control panel.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Middletown, USA
    Posts
    2,071
    oh yes.excuse me.i was wrong.
    ServerSub.com - Managed and Unmanaged Virtual & Dedicated Server|XenServer Windows & Linux VPS
    - New York City|Miami|Singapore|Hong Kong|UK|Netherlands|Germany|France|Canada​|Lithuania|Dallas
    - VPS and Dedicated Servers in 11 Global location 100% Pure SSD Reseller & Shared Host
    cPanel NOC| Microsoft SPLA| PayPal, Credit Card, Bitcoin, Skrill, Payza, WebMoney, PerfectMoney Accepted!

  19. #19
    Try ovh.co.uk . But i have bad experience with there US service. But in UK and europe, as an ISP and Data Center there service is best and very reliable

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by adibranch View Post
    thanks for the replies. I think futurehosting is based in the US though, so not ideal for my purposes.
    Makes no difference.....they have staff all over the world....including UK!

    And with usually a sub 10 minute response time!

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by XTremo View Post
    Makes no difference.....they have staff all over the world....including UK!

    And with usually a sub 10 minute response time!
    The server isn't though.. it makes no sense to go with an overseas company when there are UK based companies offering the same service with a UK server location.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    4,222
    Quote Originally Posted by adibranch View Post
    The server isn't though.. it makes no sense to go with an overseas company when there are UK based companies offering the same service with a UK server location.
    The servers are in the UK....4D-DC Byfleet! I should know....I've got enough of them.

    Do a trace on the link in my sig and you tell me where it is.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    801
    Soladrive,their xen vps is very reliable.
    Coming soon...

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1,853
    Quote Originally Posted by RC-Martin View Post
    Soladrive,their xen vps is very reliable.
    Thanks for the mention Martin, its greatly appreciated!
    SolaDrive - Enterprise Managed Solutions
    Specializing in Managed SSD VPS & Dedicated Servers in US & UK
    Rated #1 Provider at Top 20 VPS Providers For Performance
    Visit us at SolaDrive.com

  25. #25
    pcsmarthosting.com or unitedhosting.com

  26. #26
    www.vooservers.com and www.allsimple.net are awesome. No downtimes and fast support ticket response. Both companies use own gear.

  27. #27
    Try UKFast, I have used them personally and service is good and cheap. They have also recently bough BurstNet UK chapter, where you can buy VPS at reliable prices.

  28. #28

    *

    > Try UKFast, I have used them personally and service is good and
    > cheap. They have also recently bough BurstNet UK chapter, where
    > you can buy VPS at reliable prices.

    I'm an ex BurstNet client. Not a good idea at all. I've already had to take up a VPS elsewhere to move my one UKFast based VPS, had to rent a second elsewhere while still paying for another one, a mail server that is unable to send mail. See Spamhaus listing SBL199848 and details on UKFast.

    With it all the open ticket on the issue has been closed. Not good at all.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Sorting Office
    Posts
    6,901
    Quote Originally Posted by A1dedicatedservers View Post
    Try UKFast, I have used them personally
    Please contact us here with some evidence of that. Thanks!
    There's no such thing as an unmanaged server - It's actually self-managed. Worth remembering next time you're looking for someone to complain to.
    DATA VALUATION SERVICE: Your data's value is linked directly to your backup strategy. If YOU don't have your own backups then YOU value your data at ZERO. So why should anyone else care when you lose it?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Portugal
    Posts
    61
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

  31. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by adibranch View Post
    hi all, i currently have a VPS with EUKhost and have been with them for many years, and whilst the service is okay, the infrastructure seems to be terrible.

    I'm looking for an additional VPS with a new company. I need UK located servers, ideally UK support (or at least only outsourced during evenings and weekends) and a good reputation with decent (or at least reasonable) support. Currently trawling through google etc, but does anyone have any suggestions?

    Thanks
    this site : santrex.net

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-01-2010, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 04:28 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-08-2010, 02:10 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-25-2010, 01:18 PM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2009, 03:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •