Thread: Cpanel Webmail

A good place to start is to check if port 25 is open. Search google for open port checker.

Have you contacted your host? It looks like a routing issue.

Ask your host to check your MX records, and check that your mail server has been setup correctly.
    zFast Technologies - Affordable Web Hosting
    █ Shared, Reseller, VPS, SHOUTcast & Domain Registration!
    █ Quality web hosting since 2009 - www.zfast.co.uk

well i tried to link it up with microsoft outlook so i can get them on my desktop but its always comming back with the error as i tried everything
    and the host says everything is working correctly

It does sound like a major problem.

Can you give more details so we can point you in the right direction. Is this a VPS, Dedicated, Reseller/Shared Hosting?

If your on Reseller/Shared Hosting you should contact your host to assist you with trouble shooting.

What errors do you receive when trying to connect with outlook?

I sent an email to that address to see if I would get a bounced message, but it doesn't to appear to have bounced.

i aint had no email off you jcarney and the error is
    Send test e-mail message: Cannot send the message. Verify the e-mail address in your account properties. The server responded: 550 Access denied - Invalid HELO name (See RFC2821 4.1.1.1)

But it logged in ok but the test email aint working

and also i get
    Send test e-mail message: The server responded: 451 Temporary local probl

What settings are you putting into Outlook (obviously: Don't tell us your password!)?
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Okay can you tell how your configured your mail client? Do you receive this error trying to send mail? Do you have force authentication or enable out going authentication.

Can you confirm whether your on a shared hosting server (reseller/shared hosting) or on a vps, dedicated? Basically do you have access to your mail logs?
    Is your mail server hosted on the webhosting server or external server?
    Inode Hosting - Reliable Web Hosting for the right price.
    Shared & Reseller hosting featuring the industry leading cpanel
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee ,30 Day Money Back Guarantee ,24/7 Support
    Established since 2011

its shared but running from the reseller i got

I'd ask the host to check the logs in that case.

I've checked, and ports 25 and 110 are both open. The HELO on SMTP is defiant.gamingdeluxe.net, but that shouldn't stop Outlook from connecting.

It may be worth trying to set a new password for the mailbox in cPanel, then trying again with that password in Outlook.
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

tried setting the new password and still wont connect to it and tried the hosts one to connect and still the same would it be the forwarding options in the mail box or somthing

Try accessing your webmail from within cpanel such as round cube or squirrelmail. Send a test email, and receive a test email. If thats working, then its definitely an outlook problem. In that case try using the autoconfig feature for outlook located in your cpanel.

some one already tried to send me a email but i aint got it and i aint receiving email but i can send them

Quote Originally Posted by bdflex View Post
    Try accessing your webmail from within cpanel such as round cube or squirrelmail. Send a test email, and receive a test email. If thats working, then its definitely an outlook problem. In that case try using the autoconfig feature for outlook located in your cpanel.
    Trying to use webmail is a good suggestion - that will highlight if the username and password work by another route, and it cuts out the uncertainty of Outlook.

Using Autoconfig with Outlook is not something I'd advise - I've never found anything but trouble with it. Entering settings manually, in this case, seems more reliable.
    James

i have done the manual setting and ports for both mail.valiant-hosting and mail.defient aswel but same things happen

What happened with webmail?
    James

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonLS View Post
    but when people try to send me emails i dont recieve them at all
    You won't receive any emails while your DNS is broken and doesn't report any MX record(s) for your domain.

Have a look at http://www.intodns.com/valiant-hosting.com
    There's no such thing as an unmanaged server - It's actually self-managed. Worth remembering next time you're looking for someone to complain to.
    DATA VALUATION SERVICE: Your data's value is linked directly to your backup strategy. If YOU don't have your own backups then YOU value your data at ZERO. So why should anyone else care when you lose it?