Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. #1

    Eleven2 Random and Painfully Slow Load Times

    Posted this over on Eleven2 forums, but it's like a ghost town here, haha.

    First off, I love Eleven2. I have a fantastic price for what you get, and while some people complain about their customer support, I receive fast responses and they always go above and beyond, even fixing what I break, and have been a more or less happy customer.

    But... my site load times are CRAZY slow sometimes!
    It's very, very random. 10 refreshes will give me sometimes 10 different results ranging from fast 2-3 second loads on a WordPress site, then an empty page with one line of text will take 30 seconds to load.... literally one single line of text on an index.html page with no formatting. While sometimes it loads very fast, usually working on my sites becomes very painful as everything slows and the WordPress back-end hardly loads.

    What's more, when it's acting up, sometimes it will load the page and giant pieces (ex: some or all images, all content, or other random bits) just won't be there.

    Customer support said load times look fine to them, and if it weren't for the simple bare-bone page taking so long I would assume this was my fault somehow, but I'm pretty sure it's a server issue.

    The point of this post is I wanted to know if other Eleven2 users were facing this issue, and if you've found a solution. I've tried with CloudFlare on and off, and some of my sites show a slight improvement while others remain just as slow.

    And it usually happens to every one of my sites at the same time. If one is slow, they all are. And I've verified this is happening to me here in Toronto, as well as People in multiple locations in Texas (where I believe my server - cowboys - is hosted) and other locations in the USA.

    My clients get frustrated that it's always stalling.

    As far as resources when I'm in the cPanel for my root site, cpu sticks around 25%, and virtual memory is always empty - it doesn't seem anything is hogging resources.

    My root site (this is a butchered template until the real site is finished) - dot com has been replaced with (dot)com since I'm a noob around here.
    fouriiii(.)com/ - CloudFlare Enabled

    Two other sites I host with CloudFlare enabled at the moment:
    sps-gta(.)com
    directdevelopmenttraining(.)com

    I have several pingdom reports, I can PM but I'm new here so can't post links yet.

    I also go to (www).downforeveryoneorjustme.(com) when the site is acting up, and it often reports site down. The site sometimes takes 60 seconds to load, or will finish loading and giant pieces will just be gone! Other times the browser says "site not available" and it never loads at all...

    AGAIN - NOT bashing Eleven2 - I've personally been really happy with my Reseller plan, but I want to hit up the community and see if y'all had anything to share on this.

    My internet speeds are stable at 15 down, 10 up, and every other site in the world loads snappy while my sites crawl... and it makes me sad because I'm working hard to get a business going and don't want to have to switch hosts AGAIN!

    I've opened a long ticket, and they helped some, shut down some spamming on the shared server, but it didn't really speed anything up and they said they don't see the issue on their end.

    Thanks guys!
    Last edited by theamazingaustin; 10-13-2013 at 10:37 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oneida, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Hello,

    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Did you open a ticket on this with our staff? If so, could I please have the Ticket #?

    Thanks!
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Hello,

    Sorry to hear of your troubles. Did you open a ticket on this with our staff? If so, could I please have the Ticket #?

    Thanks!
    Hey Nick, thanks for the quick reply! That is something I've really loved about Eleven2.
    My ticket was #943215
    Let me know if you have any suggestions.
    Thanks!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,842
    Do you see the same issues on sites not using CloudFlare?
    Chris

    "Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oneida, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by theamazingaustin View Post
    Hey Nick, thanks for the quick reply! That is something I've really loved about Eleven2.
    My ticket was #943215
    Let me know if you have any suggestions.
    Thanks!!!
    Hello,

    Your last update on that ticket was on Friday. If you are continuing to have issues, please reply to the ticket with further details. If you don't feel that you're getting results, please ask for the ticket to be escalated to Level 3 or to have your account moved to another server. We are happy to accommodate either request.

    Thanks.
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick H View Post
    Hello,

    Your last update on that ticket was on Friday. If you are continuing to have issues, please reply to the ticket with further details. If you don't feel that you're getting results, please ask for the ticket to be escalated to Level 3 or to have your account moved to another server. We are happy to accommodate either request.

    Thanks.
    Thanks Nick,
    It's true I haven't replied in a few days - I wanted to see if enabling CloudFlare would solve the issue. I'll reopen the ticket with your suggestions.

    A quick question - if I were to switch servers will my clients need to update their outlook / mail settings (that currently point to cowboys.unisonplatform)?

    Thanks again!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36
    I have been having the same problems. I had my accounts moved from one server to a new one and I have had the exact same issues on this new server as the last one. Pingdom tells me once again that my sites are down. Logging in is almost impossible at times due to slow loading.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    1,628
    Does their panel show you any server diagnostics? Server load for example? Since it's not an isolated issue maybe they should get fixing! Slow websites give my industry a bad name!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by exerson View Post
    I have been having the same problems. I had my accounts moved from one server to a new one and I have had the exact same issues on this new server as the last one. Pingdom tells me once again that my sites are down. Logging in is almost impossible at times due to slow loading.
    They're currently switching my sites to a new server now, I was hoping this would help but now I'm not so sure. The sites seem about the same at the moment, but it's so sporadic it's hard to tell. I'd like to upgrade to a dedicated server but I'm just not at that point quite yet if I want to still be profitable.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by iexo View Post
    Does their panel show you any server diagnostics? Server load for example? Since it's not an isolated issue maybe they should get fixing! Slow websites give my industry a bad name!
    We have "Resource Usage" in cPanel, and the default layout on the left with the amount of our own resources we are using including Storage, Memory, and CPU - all of which are barely used in my case. Resource Usage shows as "Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours, CPU resources were limited for your site" - I'm assuming this is because they just moved my site over?

    Yeah it's pretty frustrating to build / buy a site that can't load reasonably or sometimes at all...
    Who do you use as a host, if I may ask? I'm dreading another move and updating all my clients' email settings, but I'm pretty sure I'm headed down that road already.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36
    Quote Originally Posted by theamazingaustin View Post
    They're currently switching my sites to a new server now, I was hoping this would help but now I'm not so sure. The sites seem about the same at the moment, but it's so sporadic it's hard to tell. I'd like to upgrade to a dedicated server but I'm just not at that point quite yet if I want to still be profitable.
    I hope it works for you. I am disappointed with my results and now have to decide wether I leave or stay. Good luck.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,686
    Quote Originally Posted by theamazingaustin View Post
    We have "Resource Usage" in cPanel, and the default layout on the left with the amount of our own resources we are using including Storage, Memory, and CPU - all of which are barely used in my case. Resource Usage shows as "Your site has been limited within the past 24 hours, CPU resources were limited for your site" - I'm assuming this is because they just moved my site over?
    That's unlikely, it does sound like your account is hitting the limit. Eleven2 should be able to tell you what's causing this so you can work on lowering it.
    EZPZ Hosting - Dependable and Affordable Web Hosting
    LiteSpeed SSD Powered cPanel Shared & Reseller Hosting | Budget VPS, Managed VPS and Dedicated
    Reseller Hosting Specialists | WHMCS-Based End User Support | Unlimited SSLs | UK and USA
    99.9% Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee

  13. #13
    Wanted to add an update. I was previously on server "Cowboys" but upon request was moved to "Jets". The move took about 24 hours, they did all the work, and it would have been faster but it failed the first time. They updated me constantly during the transfer, and the speeds are now
    MUCH FASTER!
    So not sure what was wrong with Cowboys but for the time-being my site is so much better. Look at the responce times here:
    http://i41.tinypic.com/2ppzpdd.png (it's a very small image that will load with a chart)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Oneida, NY
    Posts
    2,842
    Quote Originally Posted by theamazingaustin View Post
    Wanted to add an update. I was previously on server "Cowboys" but upon request was moved to "Jets". The move took about 24 hours, they did all the work, and it would have been faster but it failed the first time. They updated me constantly during the transfer, and the speeds are now
    MUCH FASTER!
    So not sure what was wrong with Cowboys but for the time-being my site is so much better. Look at the responce times here:
    http://i41.tinypic.com/2ppzpdd.png (it's a very small image that will load with a chart)
    Glad to hear everything is working out for you. If you have any issues in the future, don't hesitate to ask for your issue to be escalated to any manager--we're all here to help you
    Nick Hudson - Prevail Host LLC - http://www.prevail.host/
    Premium Quality cPanel Hosting Services - CloudLinux, LiteSpeed & SSD
    WHMControl - Secure Your Server Logins & Automate Password Changes

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    36
    How is it today? Las t 24 hours?

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-04-2013, 05:25 AM
  2. ZenCart Painfully Slow - Windows 2008 IIS7 FastCGI
    By jonebersole in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-14-2010, 07:15 PM
  3. Painfully Slow DEHE VPS
    By SDH1 in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 112
    Last Post: 02-01-2006, 10:43 AM
  4. Posting Painfully Slow on VPS
    By GoodOmens in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-15-2005, 03:12 AM
  5. https painfully slow
    By rubysky in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-18-2004, 05:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •