Thumbs down Staminus are thieves. Be warned!

Staminus provides lousy services with NO ddos protection and rude customer care. They also steal customers money!

Recently I made a big mistake by prepaying for two months to them. They never replied to my requests blaming me for filing a dispute in Paypal. After several requests for the refund they just deleted my account.

Paypal has ruled in their favour, which is an unfortunate but completely different matter.

Stay away from these thieves!
    Last edited by sinoguru; 10-13-2013 at 11:30 AM.

Hard to really take sides on this since this is more of a "rant" rather than a detailed complaint, but sorry to hear your experience didn't go well with them.

Staminus has a pretty solid reputation here (definitely provides solid DDOS protection) so I'd suggest posting more details otherwise this doesn't say much.
    David Byrne | Dedispec, LLC.
    Affordable Dedicated Servers | Storage & GPU Servers | Web Hosting | Colocation | West Virginia, Missouri & Texas
    www.dedispec.com - sales@dedispec.com

Quote Originally Posted by sinoguru View Post
    Staminus provides lousy services with NO ddos protection and rude customer care. They also steal customers money!

Recently I made a big mistake by prepaying for two months to them. They never replied to my requests blaming me for filing a dispute in Paypal. After several requests for the refund they just deleted my account.

Paypal has ruled in their favour, which is an unfortunate but completely different matter.

Strong words with lack of proof. If this is the same response you gave paypal, no wonder they sided with the provider..

Provide some proof to back your rant.

So PayPal gave them the money that you tried to take back and the provided fired you because you gave them a headache with PayPal. Hmmm, by a longshot it seems that you are the thief here.

Staminus are thieves. Be warned!

I'm the end, if services were paid for, services should be provided! Even the client got a refund from paypal then closing the account is understandable, but paypal sided with the provider, therefore services should be provided for the duration of the contract in which the client paid for services. I understand the headache involved for the provider, and there should be some sort of terms in the tos regarding fees for charge backs or a dispute via paypal.
    In the end, if 2 months were paid for, them the client should be entitled to 2 months service!

Quote Originally Posted by MyEvolutionHost View Post
    I'm the end, if services were paid for, services should be provided! Even the client got a refund from paypal then closing the account is understandable, but paypal sided with the provider, therefore services should be provided for the duration of the contract in which the client paid for services. I understand the headache involved for the provider, and there should be some sort of terms in the tos regarding fees for charge backs or a dispute via paypal.
    In the end, if 2 months were paid for, them the client should be entitled to 2 months service!
    There isn't nearly enough information in this thread to jump to the conclusions you're jumping to.

It sounds to me - and I'm speculating as well - that the customer signed up for their services and pre-paid and then they weren't happy. They requested a refund which was denied according to the contract they agreed to when they signed up. They then tried to get their money back via PayPal which was denied, and the provider ended the service due to the dispute.

I don't know too many providers that will continue to do business with somebody or to provide services to somebody that has lodged a dispute.

@OP - Don't pay for 2 months up front when there is a no-refunds policy in place if you're not willing to lose that full two months worth of money.

First of all I am not stating anything about this thread, but with my experience with Staminus their protection was terrible, they had constant network problems and couldn't provide a stable service to me. I didn't use the service for 27~ days, I never got money back from the rest of the period I didn't use the service. This is just my experience.

No he's not , if he violated the ToS he's entitled to nothing.

If the host decides that the relation between themselves and the customer is unsustainable then, no, they are entitled to kick the customer out. But a refund, however, is in place.

Unless OP did something he didn't tell us, of course. That's always a possibility.
    AssetGateway
    █ Skype da_arco

I used staminus for quite a while and their services were solid, and the tech knowledgeable. I believe you are not telling the whole story.
    We live in a twilight world

I didn't realize that filing a dispute with Paypal could be such a headache to a provider. My understanding was that this is an easy way to get my money back.

Even if I was wrong in this respect it doesn't mean that they should take my prepayment for the services never performed and DELETE my account when I tried to resolve the issue internally. This is a BAD attitude!

To give you a background I went to them to mitigate ddos attacks for one of my websites. I used them barely for a month, spent over 1000 usd and my site was down most of the time. I had to leave therefore to a different provider but stayed with a basic server for some of my non-ddos-risky sites.

To give you a background I went to them to mitigate ddos attacks for one of my websites. I used them barely for a month, spent over 1000 usd and my site was down most of the time. I had to leave therefore to a different provider but stayed with a basic server for some of my non-ddos-risky sites.
    Then post some screenshots or some other evidence.

I didn't realize that filing a dispute with Paypal could be such a headache to a provider. My understanding was that this is an easy way to get my money back.
    You won't get your money back from PayPal for an intangible good unless the seller agrees to give it back. There's no way for you to 'return' the intangible good.

Even if I was wrong in this respect it doesn't mean that they should take my prepayment for the services never performed and DELETE my account when I tried to resolve the issue internally. This is a BAD attitude!
    You likely violated your contract with them and they chose to cease your services under that contract due to the violation.

Just the same as if you had signed up and pre-paid 2 months and then sent out a ton of spam. They would still end your service - without refund.

Personally I've had good luck with BlackLotus even though I don't necessarily agree with the views/opinions/methods of their representative here on WHT.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

we worked with Staminus before, they DDoS protection was good but not superior but we never get any problem with them. Good support and service.

Let me clear up some misinformation provided in this thread. I am actually surprised by this review as Sinoguru has been a customer of ours for almost 3 years.

- Sinoguru hasn't had our DDoS protection service for almost 3 years.
    - No information was ever provided in the paypal dispute explaining why it was filed.
    - Filing a paypal dispute is not the proper way to request a refund.

After doing a bit of research on what happened this is what I discovered. Sinoguru prepaid for 2 months of service on September 27th. Shortly after his normal billing date on October 1st, he opened a paypal dispute on October 3rd. Only until after he lost his dispute did he open a ticket with us on October 11th requesting a refund for his unused credit. Our billing department told him that since he filed a charge back they would need to continue their discussion through paypal. On October 13th Sinoguru opened up another ticket saying he would give us a lot of bad reviews unless we refunded him. We politely told him that billing did not work weekends and that they would respond Monday morning. 2 hours after this reply Sinoguru created this review. After billing got in today they responded to his request by refunding him his unused credit.

We are still unaware as to why the charge back was filed other than the client may not have known that the proper way to request a refund is through a companies billing department, not through filing paypal disputes.
    Bryant T.
    BackConnect, Internet Performance and Security Services
    @ Reverse Proxy, Infrastructure, Website, & VPN Solutions.
    @ Global Anycast Network in Los Angeles, Dallas, Ashburn, London, & Amsterdam.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBTown View Post
    On October 13th Sinoguru opened up another ticket saying he would give us a lot of bad reviews unless we refunded him.
    Oh how I hate these customers, especially bad customers, which got IP blacklisted.
    Good luck Staminus!
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

They reinstateted my account, back to discussion. No refund received yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BalticServers Andrius View Post
    Oh how I hate these customers, especially bad customers, which got IP blacklisted.
    I hate providers who treat customers like **** and promise services which they don't deliver.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Personally I've had good luck with BlackLotus even though I don't necessarily agree with the views/opinions/methods of their representative here on WHT.
    Three years ago after bad ddos protection experience with Staminus I moved also to Blacklotus. Troubled, but OK compared to Staminus (who were just footballing me by saying that my server was not optimized). Now I am at Amazon. No problem whatsoever.

For regular dedicated server services Staminus is ok like many other hundreds of providers. No major problems.

I hate providers who treat customers like **** and promise services which they don't deliver.
    And Who started to thread provider? Paypal dispute + bad reviews?

For DDO's protection you need to order DDO's protection, there no "Free" anti DDO's services
    Affordable custom Single/DUAL - Intel/AMD CPU servers EU | Configure
    Linux, Windows VPS in LT/UK/NL/USA | Get one now

I'm kind of laughing at how OP entirely ignores Staminus' post... Makes him seem very credible when you don't acknowledge what the other side has to say.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperBTown View Post
    Let me clear up some misinformation provided in this thread. I am actually surprised by this review as Sinoguru has been a customer of ours for almost 3 years.

- Sinoguru hasn't had our DDoS protection service for almost 3 years.
    - No information was ever provided in the paypal dispute explaining why it was filed.
    - Filing a paypal dispute is not the proper way to request a refund.

After doing a bit of research on what happened this is what I discovered. Sinoguru prepaid for 2 months of service on September 27th. Shortly after his normal billing date on October 1st, he opened a paypal dispute on October 3rd. Only until after he lost his dispute did he open a ticket with us on October 11th requesting a refund for his unused credit. Our billing department told him that since he filed a charge back they would need to continue their discussion through paypal. On October 13th Sinoguru opened up another ticket saying he would give us a lot of bad reviews unless we refunded him. We politely told him that billing did not work weekends and that they would respond Monday morning. 2 hours after this reply Sinoguru created this review. After billing got in today they responded to his request by refunding him his unused credit.

We are still unaware as to why the charge back was filed other than the client may not have known that the proper way to request a refund is through a companies billing department, not through filing paypal disputes.
    I know that the customer took this to the forums first but is it ok for you to be posting this amount of information on the customer without their consent?

For us in the UK, we'd be breaching Data Protection Act laws.

David Man
    www.openitc.co.uk - We create, we host, we connect - Fully Managed VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    www.direvps.com - When nothing but price matters! - Brutal marketing for a brutal market!