Question Use Wordpress for Corp/Biz website ?

Hi, I'm going to start a business with my friend, which is trading,
    Baking ingredients trading and supply
    Supply ingredient for bakery,
    And i going to set up a website as a business identity
    So guys I'm wondering if i should use Wordpress ? or just HTML based website ?
    I've done some google, and there's few big corporate using wordpress too..
    Last edited by fguitarist95; 10-13-2013 at 02:12 AM. Reason: wrong title

Well, WordPress easier but loads slower, html is harder to make but loads faster.

My opinion is wordpress. Now now lot of free and cheap wordpress templates available. You can easy to handle and user friendly for any beginner.

<<snipped>>
    Last edited by anon-e-mouse; 10-13-2013 at 04:01 AM.

Is this an online store? If so, DO NOT use WordPress.

My recommendations for beginers:
    Blog Posting - WordPress
    Content Site - Joomla
    Online Store - Prestashop

I do not prefer wordpress since the user might know the name of the template, and also, HTML has extended functions than wordpress.

I would definetely not use simple html. Wordpress is a good option, such as Drupal, Joomla, etc. But you mentioned 'trading'. If it is online store, then go for prestashop or other similar e-shop software.
    Michael Vlastos
    HostWired.com - Innovative Hosting Solutions since 2005 | cPanel, Softaculous
    Personalized support | No site suspensions | No overloaded servers | Green Hosting
    Multiple Backups | Average Response Time: 20 min | Toll Free: 1-855-ECO-HOST

Sorry my bad, actually it's just a corporate identity
    Not doing sales on internet
    just letting other industries know we're supplying ingredient
    so they will call us for enquiry

Quote Originally Posted by fguitarist95 View Post
    I would visit templatemonster.com and buy a nice WP template. That will give a 'business' feeling in your site.
    Michael Vlastos
    HostWired.com - Innovative Hosting Solutions since 2005 | cPanel, Softaculous
    Personalized support | No site suspensions | No overloaded servers | Green Hosting
    Multiple Backups | Average Response Time: 20 min | Toll Free: 1-855-ECO-HOST

Quote Originally Posted by fguitarist95 View Post
    If that is the case, yes I would most definitely go with WordPress. Once you have your wordpress site up, and configured the way you want it, adding content to it becomes easier and effortless as oppose to having to code-in your entries with HTML.

If it were a store, selling items, etc, I would've suggested looking at a shopping cart scripts.
    Webhostpython.com - Reliable Shared, Reseller, and KVM VPS Hosting Services.
    Dual Octa Core Xeon E5 Servers. RAID10 Storage. Enterprise DDOS Protection. Pure SSD Plans
    24/7 Support | Live Chat | In-House Support Staff | 1-800-929-9061 | Dallas, TX

WordPress is just fine for a corp/biz website. I know this, because I've built several. I would not built a huge site with complex business logic on WordPress, but most corporate sites are actually very simple.

Just please take the security seriously. It's not rocket science, but you can't have a nonchalant attitude towards it.

Also, please disregard any advice telling you that "WordPress is just for blogs" or "don't ever use WordPress for ecommerce". These people don't know what they're talking about. The right kind of answer is a question: "Well, what kind of site are you going to run?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Michael View Post
    I would visit templatemonster.com and buy a nice WP template. That will give a 'business' feeling in your site.
    +1, if you lack web design skills, then this is a great way to get started quickly and affordably.

You might also check out Theme Forest--they have some cheaper options.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

Quote Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post
    WordPress is just fine for a corp/biz website. I know this, because I've built several. I would not built a huge site with complex business logic on WordPress, but most corporate sites are actually very simple.

Just please take the security seriously. It's not rocket science, but you can't have a nonchalant attitude towards it.

Also, please disregard any advice telling you that "WordPress is just for blogs" or "don't ever use WordPress for ecommerce". These people don't know what they're talking about. The right kind of answer is a question: "Well, what kind of site are you going to run?"
    Thank you! I can't count how many times I was involved in a WordPress discussion, where at least one user would say "WP is just for blogs". This script is amongst our company favorites and there are numerous reasons for that.

Even though there are many specific scripts, that can be recommended for certain types of websites, there are as many that will offer you plugins to transform your online project into anything you wish. And with WP, most of those plugins are absolutely free of charge. Its such a large community that I have a hard time recalling the last time I was searching for a website functionality extension and did not find anything useful.

For your particular question, again I have no doubt - WordPress is your application of choice. You can give a much more professional outlook of your business, integrate the exact functions you need, its quite user-friendly and easy to learn AND to top it all it is absolutely magnificent for SEO.
    www.WebHostFace.com where Service always comes with a smiling face!
    Contact us for Shared, VPS, Reseller and Dedicated Hosting Solutions.