Thread: Site Builder

Site Builder

Hello,

I am looking for an easy to use site builder to offer to my clients. Lots of clients are asking me to offer them something similar to Wix, and I was looking too for an easy site builder which could help clients create beautiful sites in minutes and so attract more clients.

I have red lots of reviews about RVSiteBuilder, but it will not be a good option. RV isn't user friendly as I was expecting and it's UI looks like if it was a product built in the 90s, my clients will think it's a joke when I tell them this is our site builder option. I have came by 2 other solutions, Breezi and I don't think it will suit me because it's cost is too high starting from 3000 per server! And I liked Trendy there new site builder is amazing, super easy and powerful http://restaurant.html5sitebuilder.c...ilder_html.php

However I red lots of bad reviews in WHT about trendy, that there support is very bad.

Any recommendations or suggestions?

Going to keep an eye on this thread for some suggestions. We use RVSitebuilder right now too, but it's such a pain, especially after you try to upgrade it. Also completely agree on it being poor user-friendly. So if we can find a better alternative, we'd certainly consider switching.

I heard Trendy (flash) is quite good, but their support is terrible. Anyone used their services?
    Last edited by econdc; 10-13-2013 at 10:44 AM.

We have rvsitebuilder on our shared servers, but a recent audit showed very few customers are actually using it. We haven't asked why not, but I suspect the answers would be:

- The templates look like they were from the 90's. They're amateur looking at best.

- It's difficult for the target market (non-technical people) to understand and use with enough skill to make a decent looking site.

- Why learn rvsitebuilder to build a mediocre looking website when you can spend $5 from a major wordpress template site and have a fantastic looking website that is editable with wordpress in 5 minutes?

We'll most likely remove rvsitebuilder from our servers. Is doesn't cost much, but I guess you get what you pay for.

I haven't decided if we'll replace it with another site builder, or just create some very detailed instructions on how find a good wordpress template, and install that.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Wix have lot of options, and weebly too. You can offer rvsitebuilder with plans

Weebly offer a pretty awesome and fun builder - give them a try!

Quote Originally Posted by mmarty View Post
    Weebly offer a pretty awesome and fun builder - give them a try!
    There are lots of awesome and fun site builders out there, we are looking for one which could integrate with cPanel and in the same time don't risk in loosing your clients to them, as in the Breezi model.

Trendy looks really good and easy to use, it offers everything I need and I could go with it now and buy it without hesitation it has really improved that it might be the best available solutions. But I have came by posts here in WHT that they had a bug which could allow root takeover of your server and they were very slow in getting back to their clients. There support seems horrible from reviews.

you can try basekit is very nice & clean

Google released new one and I heard its getting good. That might be an option..

Has anyone tried this?

http://www.parallels.com/products/web-presence-builder/

It is made by Parallels but looks like it can be installed on a cPanel server as well.

Eric

Re: Site Builder

Quote Originally Posted by ejmerkel View Post
    Has anyone tried this?

http://www.parallels.com/products/web-presence-builder/

It is made by Parallels but looks like it can be installed on a cPanel server as well.

Eric
    Looks nice, and I guess parallels will have good support. I will give it a try.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

parallers is powerful you should try them

Nice, I have to check out Parallels

The Parallels builder looks great, $19.99 for 100 sites isn't too bad either, but I do wonder what they class as a site, 100 cPanel accounts or 100 cPanel accounts actually using it.

Re: Site Builder

Parallels looks great, still it doesn't have the variety of good looking templates as Trendy or Breezi but I will give them a try because I guess their support will be fine.

Has anyone actually tried loading the Parallels Web Presence Builder on their cpanel server? It installed on my server without any issue. But I am having issues

I edited the file /usr/local/cpanel/etc/webpresencebuilder.ini

url = http://myservername.com
    secure_url = https://myservername.com
    password = my_whm_password

I am not sure what it wants for the URL's so I just put in my servers hostname. I also tried sticking port 2086 and 2087 accordingly on the URL's but I get

Error: Cannot parse response data.

when I go into the plugin settings. Parallels documentation is unclear and their forum wasn't very helpful. If you've got it working, can you tell me what I am doing wrong?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by ejmerkel View Post
    Has anyone actually tried loading the Parallels Web Presence Builder on their cpanel server? It installed on my server without any issue. But I am having issues
    Try contacting Parallel's for support. This thread isn't the Parallels software support thread.
    Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider.
    * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by mzaza View Post
    Hello,

I am looking for an easy to use site builder to offer to my clients. Lots of clients are asking me to offer them something similar to Wix, and I was looking too for an easy site builder which could help clients create beautiful sites in minutes and so attract more clients.

I have red lots of reviews about RVSiteBuilder, but it will not be a good option. RV isn't user friendly as I was expecting and it's UI looks like if it was a product built in the 90s, my clients will think it's a joke when I tell them this is our site builder option. I have came by 2 other solutions, Breezi and I don't think it will suit me because it's cost is too high starting from 3000 per server! And I liked Trendy there new site builder is amazing, super easy and powerful http://restaurant.html5sitebuilder.c...ilder_html.php

However I red lots of bad reviews in WHT about trendy, that there support is very bad.

TrendyTools is a product of the same company that offers Trendy Site Builder (flash).
    There are 2 reasons why we started the new HTML5 site builders.
    1) The major drawback of the flash website builder was it was a server level installation. Any bug fix or update could be accomplished only when all hosting companies reinstalled the script. We now offer a self hosted site builder, allowing us to keep it up to date.
    2) The second drawback was Trendy Site Builder was a flash website creator. Flash is not very friendly with mobiles.
    These two issues increased queries and raised questions about our support or help standards.
    The new html5 site builder is a lot more modern, cheaper and popular.

Quote Originally Posted by TrendyTools View Post
    TrendyTools is a product of the same company that offers Trendy Site Builder (flash).
    There are 2 reasons why we started the new HTML5 site builders.
    1) The major drawback of the flash website builder was it was a server level installation. Any bug fix or update could be accomplished only when all hosting companies reinstalled the script. We now offer a self hosted site builder, allowing us to keep it up to date.
    2) The second drawback was Trendy Site Builder was a flash website creator. Flash is not very friendly with mobiles.
    These two issues increased queries and raised questions about our support or help standards.
    The new html5 site builder is a lot more modern, cheaper and popular.
    I am afraid of being committed to releasing updates, specially security updates as been expressed in several posts here in WHT.

The new HTML5 site builder looks great and promising.
    I was wondering why is there a spacing problem with the intros of any site created using the demo at your site?

As I previously mentioned, the new TrendyTools website builder for cPanel is a hosted site builder. Any updates or bug fixes are handled centrally.
    It’s been less than 4 months before we launch the new website builders and we already have over 100 web hosts using the site builders.
    With regards to the spacing problem, I would recommend if you can send me a screenshot to my email address [email protected].

Quote Originally Posted by Hosthexa View Post
    Wix have lot of options, and weebly too. You can offer rvsitebuilder with plans
    Why don't folk read the OP thoroughly?

The OP already said he is ditching RVSiteBuilder.

Quote Originally Posted by mzaza View Post

I would recommend adopting WordPress as your default site builder. Combined it with a very thorough step by step and even video tutorials for your customers to learn how to use WordPress.

There is a WP plugin for literally everything an average business owner tries to do with their website.

Thousands upon thousands of WP templates from free to premium ones are also available. I think it's a good option to consider.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com