hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : RaQ 550 Updates strange behavior

Forum Jump

RaQ 550 Updates strange behavior

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-10-2003, 11:05 AM

RaQ 550 Updates strange behavior

I'm seeing some strange behavior with the BlueLinQ Sun updates portion of the 550 GUI. When I get a notification that new updates are available, I may not install them right away, and some I may not want to ever install. For instance, I have the Edison PHP package installed and did not want to install the PHP & Postgres update that came out recently (15959). After some period of time of these updates appearing on the available updates list, they disapear. I've now found that they are all listed in the "installed software list". I know for a fact that I never installed that PHP & Postgres update, yet it appears in the installed packages list. I can confim that the version I am running is NOT the old 4.06 version that this package would have reverted the server to.

My concern is - are there other packages on this installed list that I may not have actually installed? Has anyone else seen this behavior and if so, is there a way for me to tell what packages are *really* installed?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-2003, 11:39 AM
Junior Guru Wannabe

Can't help with the weird BlueLinQ behaviour (but I'll keep an eye open for it, as I will not be installing the Sendmail updates).

As for your Edison PHP, I've got that package, and I also installed the PHP/Postgres update. No problems.
The Edison package installs a second PHP which is used for the vsites. The original PHP is still used for the CP - so applying a SunCobalt patch for PHP only affects the original 4.0.6. Vsites still running fine with 4.2.3.

Don't blame you for playing safe though. I asked around and found someone who had already done it before I plucked up the courage.

Cheers,
Tony.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Service Providers Push Updates to Fight OpenSSL Heartbleed Bug Web Hosting News 2014-04-08 16:58:05
Cloud Provider DigitalOcean Updates Code Base to Address Security Concern Web Hosting News 2013-12-31 10:34:04
cPanel Security Updates Address Perl Module Vulnerabilities Web Hosting News 2012-12-06 12:55:54
cPanel Conference 2012: What's New with cPanel and WHM with Ken Power Web Hosting News 2012-11-12 13:54:56
DDoS Protection firm Black Lotus Reveals Patent-Pending Human Behavior Analysis Technology Web Hosting News 2012-09-10 08:44:01