Looking for a Reseller account to start new web dev business

I know this question has been asked 1000000 times, but all the answers im finding are so mixed its hard for me to make a decision. Please help me find a decent reseller.
    My requirements are not very large at the moment.

I'm looking to start a business selling websites. I would like to bill the clients monthly for our services. We will be primary doing wordpress installations for our customers. So we will need PHP, MySQL, etc. I would like to bill the clients with through our webhosting system. I'm assuming WHMCS would be my best bet to do that. Please advice if that is possible and a short guide on setting it up for payments. I'd like to be able to bill credit cards monthly and have monthly reports on billing(who paid, who didnt).

Webhosting requirements. I dont wanna go huge right away, I'd like a reliable host where I can start with 20GB storage or so and 300GB bandwidth, those are just quick guesses on size. Right now there will only be 2 low traffic sites being hosted, but eventually there will be up to 100 so I need a scalable solution. I dont wanna be in a contract, I'd like to try a month and then buy a year. I just want a trust worthly reseller with good reviews, I wanna stay away from the big dogs like hostgator, as they really could care less if im happy or not. I dont wanna pay more then 25 a month, I would like to pay 15 if possible or less but up to 25 is ok

If you will go for WHMCS, make sure to look for a payment processor first like paypal and 2checkout. These are good combination when accepting payments.

I bet you have your business plan with you already?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

WHMCS would be a fairly good option to help automate the business. If you intend on using cPanel, you could also look for the Softaculous feature which will give you and your clients to install hundreds of scripts (including wordpress) with just a few easy steps.

The billing portion can mostly be handled through WHMCS as well and all automated.

We will create and manage the sites, so a scrupt install helper is not nessasary, although it can be a little quicker for me. Im in NJ so a service close to her would be better right?

The plan is to create websites for local companies. I will create the websites using wordpress and use paid template 95% of the time that the customer selects. My partner will sell. We will manage SEO and also provide things like SMS advertising. We have a list of services we will include such as social media and we will also do print advertising at a additional cost.

We are looking to charge a upfront fee of between 250-500 depending on the site and charge month management fees that include x amount of site changes and SEO tracking, SMS blasts and reports. Also social media updating. There will be monthly packages randing from base 30$/m to platinum 100$/m. Anyone have any suggestions for my business plan? There are a lot of people in the area offering just basic websites at a high price. We want to set the bar higher while maintaining profitability. We need a service to collect our monthly fees so we dont have to chase our money

Quote Originally Posted by ant18290 View Post
    We will create and manage the sites, so a scrupt install helper is not nessasary, although it can be a little quicker for me. Im in NJ so a service close to her would be better right?
    Yes, if you intend on targeting your local businesses only then getting a server near NJ would be favorable. However the difference is not a big deal as long as you get a server that is located within the East coast.

If you were to get a server that is further away say for example in Asia or somewhere in Europe your local clientele may notice slower load times.

Can anyone provide me with some good resellers on the east coast?

Can i use ClientExec in place of WHMCS and based on personal experience which is better for what im trying to do? Also any reviews on Dathorn ,there running a 1$ for a month promotion

I'm looking to going with SkyNetHosting.Net, anyone have anything to say about them before i pull the trigger tomorrow.

Re: Looking for a Reseller account to start new web dev business

I'm looking to going with SkyNetHosting.Net, anyone have anything to say about them before i pull the trigger tomorrow.
    What specifically made you choose this company?
    █| VEEROTECH.NET - Shared, Reseller & VPS Hosting
    █| High Performance *Pure SSD* CloudLinux & LiteSpeed Powered Web Hosting
    █| cPanel & WHM - Softaculous - Website Builder - R1Soft - SpamExperts - Let's Encrypt

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfish85 View Post
    What specifically made you choose this company?
    Just searching around the forum. It seems they offer a lot of features and they have been around for some time. There are not many bad reviews and the ones that are bad are from the signup process only. I spoke with there live support for a bit and they seem to be able to provide me with everything I need. I'm a little undecided on it because there services are west coast though.

I am still open to alternatives if you can give me some, so far there hasnt been many suggestions on this post so I've been trying my best to research random companys im finding through older posts.

Just searching around the forum. It seems they offer a lot of features and they have been around for some time. There are not many bad reviews and the ones that are bad are from the signup process only. I spoke with there live support for a bit and they seem to be able to provide me with everything I need. I'm a little undecided on it because there services are west coast though.

I am still open to alternatives if you can give me some, so far there hasnt been many suggestions on this post so I've been trying my best to research random companys im finding through older posts.
    Well, the rule here in WHT is that we can't recommend anything we haven't "used" - my posts have been deleted before for doing so.

The resellers I have used in the past - I wouldn't recommend any longer.

My best advice would be to do some extensive research here on the forum as well as contact as many as you can and ask general questions. Then go from there.
    █| cPanel & WHM - Softaculous - Website Builder - R1Soft - SpamExperts - Let's Encrypt

Well, the rule here in WHT is that we can't recommend anything we haven't "used" - my posts have been deleted before for doing so.

The resellers I have used in the past - I wouldn't recommend any longer.

My best advice would be to do some extensive research here on the forum as well as contact as many as you can and ask general questions. Then go from there.
    Do you know anything about crocweb?

Do you know anything about crocweb?
    I believe they are in Canada if I'm not mistaken. You mentioned "east coast" correct?

I believe they are in Canada if I'm not mistaken. You mentioned "east coast" correct?
    Yes, how much of an effect will they services being in canada have on the speed of my websites. Crochost is offering the best deal and seem to be praised on WHT. They offer everything I need at a significantly cheaper price. Some people are saying its not that big of a deal since Canada is not that far away, I have read some things about it possibly effecting SEO but thats disputed, any comments on the SEO part

Re: Looking for a Reseller account to start new web dev business

Yes, how much of an effect will they services being in canada have on the speed of my websites. Crochost is offering the best deal and seem to be praised on WHT. They offer everything I need at a significantly cheaper price. Some people are saying its not that big of a deal since Canada is not that far away, I have read some things about it possibly effecting SEO but thats disputed, any comments on the SEO part
    Location doesn't have as much as it used to. Google search some terms and see where the sites are hosted at. Companies ranking 1st page in the UK some hosted here in the US. Choose quality.

It of course is open to speculation...

Location doesn't have as much as it used to. Google search some terms and see where the sites are hosted at. Companies ranking 1st page in the UK some hosted here in the US. Choose quality.

It of course is open to speculation...
    Thanks for the advice! Have a good night. If anyone else has feedback on Crochost or skynethost please feel free to post it.

I would suggest dathorn, crocweb and big scoots

Quote Originally Posted by APX View Post
    I would suggest dathorn, crocweb and big scoots
    Why thank you for the recommendation APX, it is much appreciated!

Be sure to have a most excellent weekend!
    www.BigScoots.com - Experience the Difference, Ride With Us
    Specializing in Premium Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid and Dedicated Hosting
    Fully Managed | 100% Positive Approval Rating! | Server Migrations
    REAL 24/7/365 US Based ~5 Minute Response Times | 100% Network Uptime

As long as the bulk of your clients or visitors will not be from half way around the world, you should be fine.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

I'd say big scoots

Big Scoots has been a perfect fit for my web dev business

Quote Originally Posted by SieversCreative View Post
    Big Scoots has been a perfect fit for my web dev business
    Thanks for the mention Roger!
    www.BigScoots.com - Experience the Difference, Ride With Us
    Specializing in Premium Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid and Dedicated Hosting
    Fully Managed | 100% Positive Approval Rating! | Server Migrations
    REAL 24/7/365 US Based ~5 Minute Response Times | 100% Network Uptime

Lightbulb Suggestion

I know this question has been asked 1000000 times, but all the answers im finding are so mixed its hard for me to make a decision. Please help me find a decent reseller.
    My requirements are not very large at the moment.

I'm looking to start a business selling websites. I would like to bill the clients monthly for our services. We will be primary doing wordpress installations for our customers. So we will need PHP, MySQL, etc. I would like to bill the clients with through our webhosting system. I'm assuming WHMCS would be my best bet to do that. Please advice if that is possible and a short guide on setting it up for payments. I'd like to be able to bill credit cards monthly and have monthly reports on billing(who paid, who didnt).

Webhosting requirements. I dont wanna go huge right away, I'd like a reliable host where I can start with 20GB storage or so and 300GB bandwidth, those are just quick guesses on size. Right now there will only be 2 low traffic sites being hosted, but eventually there will be up to 100 so I need a scalable solution. I dont wanna be in a contract, I'd like to try a month and then buy a year. I just want a trust worthly reseller with good reviews, I wanna stay away from the big dogs like hostgator, as they really could care less if im happy or not. I dont wanna pay more then 25 a month, I would like to pay 15 if possible or less but up to 25 is ok
    hey, your requirements are appropriate and goes with your budget. It would be less than $25/month. Just browse through it.

EWl, ee
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor

Reseller Hosting

Well before jumping on to any conculsion if you are not getting any relevant answers to your query. Please check review marketing sites.

Few notes,
    1) Make payments month-to-month when purchasing from any new hosting provider. Don't go crazy because of huge discount on bigger billing period.

2) Always start with lowest plan. You can always upgrade to higher reseller hosting plan anytime without any downtime.
    YagHost - Pure SSD Hosting | Since 2007 | Average Response Time: 15 min
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS Hosting
    99.9% Server Uptime Guarantee | 24/7 Rapid Response Tech Support | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    LopHost.com - Web Hosting Tutorials

Thanks for the advice! Have a good night. If anyone else has feedback on Crochost or skynethost please feel free to post it.
    I am using skynethosting for almost a month now. The service has been good (99.9% according to uptimerobot for my site), support is great (live chat has been available all the time I have tried, tickets answered in timely manner) and the server is fast (US based, takes <1 second to load my 2 MB homepage from NY), excellent features for the price.

I know it's just a 3.5 week review, but that's all I have to say here.