Platinum Server Management - Some complaints...

Hi,

I am a customer of Platinum Server Management for many months, probably more than one year, but long time that im not satisfeid with their services.

Today, I did some search in google and have found many reviews about them. And one of them has called my attention, because I totally agree what the oP said, is like that the thread was created by me:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=1245728

And we can see their supervisor that posted lots of replies showing to everyone their bad attitude. Even when the OP said "they are the best server management company I've hired".

Since I cant reply in that thread anymore, I'm creating this one to say the things that I don't like and why:

- The ticket system is annoying. Within 5 minutes of submitting a new ticket, I received one of their robotic "We are looking into the issue" responses. And took about 6-12 hours so we can have a response from a real person.

- Ticket response time is pretty bad. And I can explain why. I currently have a ticket open as I type this, the ticket was created on Sep 26 12:28:45 EDT 2013 to solve a thing that anyone with knowledge could fix in less than 2 minutes.
    On Sep 27 10:35:39 EDT 2013 they said that the problem was solved. But was not! BTW, this wasn't the first time that they say that is solved and it, happened to me about two or three times.
    On Oct 6 18:35:09 EDT 2013 I said to fix once per all the issue that was not solved and created an ticket on Complaints to talk with the supervisor.
    On Oct 7 04:19:44 EDT 2013 they replied in my ticket but didn't solved my problem yet.
    On Oct 8 07:05:07 EDT 2013 I said that is URGENT to fix these or else my server IP will be blocked by my hosting provider, and I gave them full detailed instructions about how to solve the issue (provided by my hosting support). And like I said above, anyone with knowledge could fix in less than 2 minutes, since then, I received two automatic responses:
    On Oct 8 11:38:30 EDT 2013 - We are working on this still, we'll update you shortly.
    On Oct 9 22:27:41 EDT 2013 - We will update you shortly.
    Case to say that today is Oct 10.
    Supervisor replied in the complaint ticket:
    On Oct 6 20:25:11 EDT 2013 - "(...) It will be checked and updated as soon as possible."
    On Oct 9 07:50:04 EDT 2013 his last reply: "I am checking the status of that ticket again with the tech and will make sure it is updated ASAP"

Meanwhile, on Oct 6, in a desperate way, I also contacted cpanel support (notice that my issue is nothing about cpanel or whm) about my problem, usually they dont offer help in this kind of things, but the person saw my desperation and offers to help me.
    I didnt replied to him yet (I have 60h to reply or else the ticket will be closed) because Im still waiting for the Platinum Server Management tech reply because I dont want two persons working in my server at same time.

For that reasons, Im not satisfied with their services, and Im still with them because of the cheap prices and because I didnt knew any other companies, but in the thread that I said above, I have found some suggestions that some members gave to the OP, such as:
    https://www.rack911.com
    http://seeksadmin.com

Does anyone know any more companie and are satisfeid with the service provided?
    I cant continue with Platinum Server Management anymore, this is a URGENT ticket and they dont help me at all, I feel that they are ignoring me and I HATE those automatic responses saying "We are now looking at this for you".

Hope this thread is usefull to someone...

Thanks!

If you really are a PSM client, your account with them will get suspended for posting this here. good luck

They actually do exactly what they advertise and I've learned to appreciate them for that.
    Megaspace Web Hosting Canadian Shared Web Hosting | Kitchener-Waterloo, Elmira, Listowel Web Hosting
    ASSP Anti-Spam Email Filtering | cPanel Web Hosting | 24 x 7 x 365 Website Uptime Monitoring | Creative Web Design
    Live Chat Support | Skype Support | English Speaking Tech Support | PHP/MySQL |
    www.megaspace.ca Host with us and get a Tim Card at Christmas!

I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. I would just like to point out and clarify one thing from your statements, that the time between Sep 26th and Oct 6th, the ticket was CLOSED.

In fact, this ticket has only been active and re-opened for "2 days". I agree this is still too long but it is very far from the picture you are trying to portray here.

I'd also like to point out that I checked the other ~30 tickets you submitted in the last 1 year and found the majority of them completely "resolved" in less than just a few hours.

Since it seems like you conveniently forgot to mention all of this, here's a few to remind you....

Ticket#6737918525
    Client Opened Ticket on Thu Sep 13 20:48:15 EDT 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Thu Sep 13 21:01:38 EDT 2012 (resolved in 23 minutes)

Ticket#6738222275
    Client Opened Ticket on Fri Sep 14 13:40:45 EDT 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Fri Sep 14 15:05:19 EDT 2012 (resolved in 1 hour 25 minutes)

Ticket#6739462905
    Client Opened Ticket on Mon Sep 17 10:36:11 EDT 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Mon Sep 17 10:42:17 EDT 2012 (resolved in 6 minutes)

Ticket#6739565465
    Client Opened Ticket on Mon Sep 17 16:18:03 EDT 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Mon Sep 17 18:04:57 EDT 2012 (resolved in 1 hour 46 minutes)

Ticket#6739467135
    Client Opened Ticket on Mon Sep 17 10:50:17 EDT 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Mon Sep 17 14:05:31 EDT 2012 (resolved in 3 hours 15 minutes)

Ticket#6739565465
    Client Opened Ticket on Mon Sep 17 16:18:03 EDT 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Mon Sep 17 18:04:57 EDT 2012 (resolved in ~2 hours)

Ticket#6742937920
    Client Opened Ticket on Tue Sep 25 11:39:34 EDT 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Tue Sep 25 12:19:18 EDT 2012 (resolved in 40 minutes)

Ticket#6761158450
    Client Opened Ticket on Tue Nov 6 14:54:40 EST 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Tue Nov 6 16:09:43 EST 2012 (resolved in 1 hour 15 minutes)

Ticket#6784919140
    Client Opened Ticket on Mon Dec 31 14:56:58 EST 2012
    Technical Support Responded on Mon Dec 31 15:03:47 EST 2012 (resolved in 7 minutes)

Ticket#6824975550
    Client Opened Ticket on Wed Apr 3 09:18:20 EDT 2013
    Technical Support Responded on Wed Apr 3 15:53:48 EDT 2013 (resolved in ~7 hours)

Ticket#6813737965
    Client Opened Ticket on Fri Mar 8 07:59:43 EST 2013
    Technical Support Responded on Fri Mar 8 12:52:37 EST 2013 (resolved in ~5 hours)

Ticket#6821476215
    Client Opened Ticket on Tue Mar 26 06:53:53 EDT 2013
    Technical Support Responded on Tue Mar 26 10:09:07 EDT 2013 (resolved in 3 hours)

Ticket#6818502940
    Client Opened Ticket on Tue Mar 19 09:42:58 EDT 2013
    Technical Support Responded on Tue Mar 19 13:39:41 EDT 2013 (resolved in ~4 hours)

These are the timestamps that the ticket was actually fully RESOLVED, not just replied to. Sure there are some that took longer and many that took even less. Our SLA resolution guarantees are met 99% of the time and we offer credits to anyone that has a ticket exceed this simply by contacting our billing department.

These are not an excuse why the current 1 ticket took 2 days, again I apologize for that, but the point is that if you want to post a review about us then be fair and tell everyone the full story, don't just focus on this 1 ticket.

I'm sorry again to hear your are not satisfied and I wish you the best with your new provider.
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 10-10-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 18 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

Hi thehosterdude, you are right, my account was immediately suspended already! They are very fast, sad to know that they aren't fast also helping their customers.

-----

Hi Ethan,

Thank you for your reply!

Is that you right? is the same attitude (talking about the previous tickets created) as the replies in the topic that I mentioned above.

Quote Originally Posted by ServerManagement View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that you are not satisfied. I would just like to point out and clarify one thing from your statements, that the time between Sep 26th and Oct 6th, the ticket was CLOSED.
    Yes you are right, because I have trusted in your tech when he said that the problem was solved. It took me 10 days to know that wasn't solved, because I received an email from my hosting provider saying that I continue with same problem and that IP will be blocked soon if I don't fix the issue ASAP. That's why I said that was URGENT.

In fact, this ticket has only been active and re-opened for "2 days". I agree this is still too long but it is very far from the picture you are trying to portray here.
    Yes, it was closed by mistake 2 days ago, and was closed for "5 seconds" because I posted immediately saying that I clicked in the "close" link by mistake and gave there an suggestion to add a BACK link there. Remember? If you want, I can provide an screenshot, got my account suspended but have the ticket opened here.

I'd also like to point out that I checked the other ~30 tickets you submitted in the last 1 year and found the majority of them completely "resolved" in less than just a few hours.
    I dont care about the previous tickets. Because none of them where important like the last one and I said many times!
    I said that long time that Im not satisfied with your services because more than one time, your techs said that the problem was solved and wasnt!
    But the worst situation was this last ticket!
    And even worst, was the suspension of my account because of this topic.
    I hope that you cancelled the future payments too...

Since it seems like you conveniently forgot to mention all of this, here's a few to remind you....
    (...)
    I also want to remind you that I paid lots of months where ZERO tickets was created... easy money huh?
    I didnt cancelled because I was happy with the service, well, until I notice that some "solved" issues was not really solved and until my URGENT ticket was ignored by all your tech and by the supervisor.

I'm sorry again to hear your are not satisfied and I wish you the best with your new provider.
    Great attitude Ethan, by suspending my account. Im glad that you still show your bad attitude to everyone!

To all WebHosting Talk members, please BE AWARE with Platinum Server Management !!!

I would recommend Steven from Rack911. He is great and patient.
    Last edited by Miyuki; 10-10-2013 at 11:58 AM.

Divvy with all due respect, like thehosterdude said, you have to appreciate what they do for you, and the price you are paying.

That companies been around for a while now, and there are always good and bad reviews about a company that has been around for that long. You have to put your situation into perspective and look at the totality of your circumstances before passing judgment on your situation.

There are other alternatives out there, and I'm sure you've heard of them. But you wanted something that was affordable to you and in your price range. That is fine, people have to live and work within their means. But then, you have to appreciate the level of service you receive and what you're paying for it.

Having a server management company to help you and your clients is an investment. So ask yourself, did you receive a good return on that investment? Was this one situation worth you losing out from a company that has taken care of other potential issues in the past, and customers that would have potentially left had your server management company not helped you?

There are different levels of server management, and different purposes for them. They clearly state what they provide on their website.
    Webhostpython.com - Reliable Shared, Reseller, and KVM VPS Hosting Services.
    Dual Octa Core Xeon E5 Servers. RAID10 Storage. Enterprise DDOS Protection. Pure SSD Plans
    24/7 Support | Live Chat | In-House Support Staff | 1-800-929-9061 | Dallas, TX

Quote Originally Posted by thehosterdude View Post
    If you really are a PSM client, your account with them will get suspended for posting this here. good luck
    I'm curious about this -- is it against their policy to write a review about them?

Asking as a prospective customer.

I think the policy is, that you go to them to submit a "feedback" ticket if you have an issue with their service, instead of going directly to a forum to complain publicly.

I think it's on their site somewhere if you look.
    Megaspace Web Hosting Canadian Shared Web Hosting | Kitchener-Waterloo, Elmira, Listowel Web Hosting
    ASSP Anti-Spam Email Filtering | cPanel Web Hosting | 24 x 7 x 365 Website Uptime Monitoring | Creative Web Design
    Live Chat Support | Skype Support | English Speaking Tech Support | PHP/MySQL |
    www.megaspace.ca Host with us and get a Tim Card at Christmas!

We do not suspend any users for posting reviews, regardless if they are negative or positive. There have been plenty of users that posted full reviews, including negative comments, that still continue to use our service. We actually encourage all types of reviews as long as they are a complete review.

But if you are going to come here and make a post with the sole intention of publicly bashing us and only talk about the "1" negative thing we did wrong and forget about everything else, then it's clear that you don't want to be using our service anymore at that point.

We also suggest that any users with issues contact us directly first so we can resolve them in private, the same respect you and any other company expects from their clients. I assure you that in the end we would have resolved the issue and also compensated the user for that ticket.
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 10-10-2013 at 01:51 PM.
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 18 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

We do not suspend any users for posting reviews, regardless if they are negative or positive. We actually encourage all types of reviews as long as they are a complete review.

So if you are going to come here and make a post with the sole intention of publicly bashing us and only talk about the 1 negative thing we did wrong and forget everything else, then it's clear that you shouldn't be using our service anymore at that point.
    Thanks for replying.

If you deem a customer's review to be incomplete, do you suspend the user's account?

Thanks for your reply and question.

But it's not a matter of us deeming it to be incomplete in our "opinion". The OP has been a customer for a year yet only talked about this 1 ticket that took too long. So is this a complete review?

It just took me 2 minutes to go through half of his ~30 tickets and I posted the timestamp from all of them here proving they were all completely resolved within a few hours. Where's the review on these?
    Last edited by ServerManagement; 10-10-2013 at 02:07 PM.

I found this part of your reply to be pretty unprofessional and condescending. I am reading a few other threads regarding you guys and although there are definitely some positives about your service, to be honest I'm afraid that there would be a big breakdown in mature communication if we ever had any issues.

Not saying you shouldn't defend your company's reputation, but you should also try to keep the bigger picture in mind. IMO, your attempts at protecting your company's reputation on this forum have resulted in doing it more harm than good.

Maybe you should have someone who is able to be more detached from the situation emotionally be the one to respond to users on WHT?

Quote Originally Posted by Divvy View Post
    On Oct 6 18:35:09 EDT 2013 I said to fix once per all the issue that was not solved and created an ticket on Complaints to talk with the supervisor.
    So you actually tried to have this issue dealt with internally some 4 days previous to opening this thread?

(...) We also suggest that any users with issues contact us directly first so we can resolve them in private, the same respect you and any other company expects from their clients. I assure you that in the end we would have resolved the issue and also compensated the user for that ticket.
    And was what I did right? I created on Oct 6 an ticket to supervisor talking about my issue.

I posted TODAY MORNING in that ticket requesting to talk with your techs to solve my problem because was (still is) URGENT. But 4 days has passed and just got ignored in both tickets. Ignored by my tech and ignored by the supervisor.

So I ask:
    Why I was ignored? You must have see my message before coming to here...

I think that this wasn't motive to suspend my account! Or will you go to REFUND my money?

I didn't talk about the other tickets because they wasn't URGENT like this one! And you know that if a ticket has been successfully solved we don't go running talk good things about your service, because we are paying for that, for professional help!

And you know that 1 negative review have more weight than 30 positive reviews. The same applies for tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by cd/home View Post
    So you actually tried to have this issue dealt with internally some 4 days previous to opening this thread?
    That's correct!

My account was suspended on 10-10-13 as all can see in first message of ServerManagement above.

Today I received this email:
    Date: Sat, Oct 12, 2013 at 9:50 AM
    Subject: xxxusernamexxx Payment Processed
    To: [email protected]

Dear xxxnamexxx,

Re: Username: xxxusernamexxx
    Successful Payment Confirmation Number (Order ID): 5607665901

The Credit Card we have on file:
    Last 4 Digits: 6877
    Expiration Date: 02/14
    has been successfully billed in the amount of $ 29.00 for 1 month of service
    covering 10/12/13 through 11/12/13

** NEW **
    IMPORTANT: The charge will appear as "Platinum Server Management, Inc." on your billing statement.
    ** NEW **

If you have any other questions, please open a ticket in your Client Login at https://ClientLogin.PlatinumServerManagement.com

Thank you,
    Platinum Server Management, Inc.
    By subscribing to our service, you agree to be bound to our Terms of Service at http://www.PlatinumServerManagement.com/TOS.html
    HOW IS POSSIBLE?
    My account was suspended and they "stole" my money covering 10/12/13 through 11/12/13 ???

ServerManagement, I HOPE TO SEE A REFUND ASAP !!!

Obviously this was just a simple billing mistake, I have already refunded it and also refunded the unused portion of last month as well.

Obviously this was just a simple billing mistake
    Riiiiiiight
    And I'm the Queen of England

"billing mistakes" don't suspend accounts and then bill the card, nope

Will certainly avoid them!
    That suspension is fairly unfair.

This is too bad. Why do they do that? perhaps they need some sort of anger management or some sort of relaxation ways.

Quote Originally Posted by twhiting9275 View Post
    Riiiiiiight
    And I'm the Queen of England

"billing mistakes" don't suspend accounts and then bill the card, nope
    His account was suspended, not terminated. That is why the automatic reoccurring billing still occurred. We have been in business for over 14 years and are the largest server management company in the entire USA. We have absolutely no intentions of stealing anyone's money. This was an automatic action from our billing system which we refunded it "immediately" upon seeing this.

His account was suspended, not terminated. That is why the automatic reoccurring billing still occurred.
    Sir ! Why do you make yourself so many enemies? Just come down ! Why are you so quick in suspending and terminating?
    Why so much hatred ! I can see a lot of similar reviews , Haven't you ever thought there must be some thing JUST SOME thing wrong with the way you handle your customers?

I do not want to be mean and I also see you have good reviews too and I wish you success but for YOUR own sake please reconsider this.

I hope I have not offended you

Hi feelingbluenomore,

I appreciate your feedback. We provide support to over 3,000 clients monthly and have serviced over 10,000 servers in the past 14 years, making us the largest, oldest, and most trusted server management provider in the USA. There are actually "thousands" of positive posts & replies here and on other forums recommending us and we even have referral partnerships with many of the largest datacenters around the world.

Along with this, sure there will always be some negative posts, just like with any other company, especially of our size. In fact, for a company our size, the amount of negative posts you will find is FAR less than any other company.

As I explained before, we encourage people to post reviews, even if they are negative, and we NEVER suspend accounts for posting negative reviews. But the review should be a complete review. I don't know why people feel that posting biased & incomplete reviews bashing a company should be tolerated (especially if you have intentions to continue using the service) or that such a post would be useful to anyone.

When I read a review on a company, I want to hear the full story from beginning to end, the good and the bad. It serves no purpose to only talk about the 1 bad thing out of using a service for an entire year.

If you are going to choose a server management based on quality, experience, reputation and history, then I'm sure you will have no problem going with us. We even offer an unconditional 30 day money back guarantee for anyone with doubts. If you are going to decide not to just because we suspend a user for bashing us with an incomplete biased story, then I do apologize.

I am sorry but putting good words together saying your are the oldest .... is not going to help you much as just a few bad reviews can ruin your reputation.

There are a lot of competition going on now and as I know you do a clean job even though it takes a long time for you to respond and your ticket system needs update ,

Make some changes and don't let your competition get your customers.

Love you guys and wish you success.