Colo4/Tierpoint Dallas Outage

3/3 of my servers are unavailable. Pingdom says it started at 11:08pm central. Have now been offline for 25 minutes.

Can't reach Tierport Dallas support. Imagine they are "busy". Anyone else have any information or down?

No telephone answer, but they responded to a ticket:

"We are having a localized connectivity outage at the moment and are working
    diligently to resolve the issue."

50 minutes totally down. Glad they only have 3/10 of my servers deployed there. Front facing site is in Chicago and running fine.

50 minutes down time equals to 99.99% uptime, not bad if it's the only downtime for 2013.

Re: Colo4/Tierpoint Dallas Outage

Quote Originally Posted by djlurch01 View Post
    3/3 of my servers are unavailable. Pingdom says it started at 11:08pm central. Have now been offline for 25 minutes.

Can't reach Tierport Dallas support. Imagine they are "busy". Anyone else have any information or down?
    We didn't see any outages on our end. Which network are you on / did you check from multiple networks that it was down and not a simple routing issue?

They did respond to a ticket (see above).

Not sure on the network...and not going to post my IPs publicly. I do know that my servers are in the room that was offline during business hours (noon-7) a few years ago. That was ugly.

They JUST came back online. About 90 minutes of downtime.

Yes!

They came back up 5 minutes ago. Apparently it is only affecting some customers. I understand from a customer they have a temporary fix in place and are not sure if they will need to go down again.

That's more information than I have.

Wonder what "temporary fix" means. Maybe I shouldn't go to bed. Uggh.

My customer asked me to be accessible (pro bono). Fortunately Colo4 runs a good operation and problems are not frequent.

my server is still down

Now Up.
    My server was down for more than 2.5 hours !

Quote Originally Posted by CodyRo View Post
    We didn't see any outages on our end. Which network are you on / did you check from multiple networks that it was down and not a simple routing issue?
    There definitely was a outage there last night, had half a dozen people go down.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    There definitely was a outage there last night, had half a dozen people go down.
    That's why I asked which network. They run two. Or was this a power issue? We have several machines there without a hiccup. You'd likely see a thread here if we did.

Not sure why people don't provide more information when posting about things .

They had an issue with one of their core routers, thus only a segment was affected. They did send out an RFO to their customers with details and resolutions.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbrown362003 View Post
    They had an issue with one of their core routers, thus only a segment was affected. They did send out an RFO to their customers with details and resolutions.
    That explains that - anyone care to forward me the RFO?