Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, OK, USA
    Posts
    372

    gigenet's llc was revoked

    So, as a result of discussion concerning today's GigeNET outage I couldn't help but notice that GigeNET's LLC was revoked.

    http://goput.it/v/4rtt.png

    Do you think this is related to today's outage? I don't see why the fire department would demand a shutdown of the entire DC, plus they claim to have VESDA so this seems really fishy to me.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    928
    Quote Originally Posted by kaniini View Post
    So, as a result of discussion concerning today's GigeNET outage I couldn't help but notice that GigeNET's LLC was revoked.

    http://goput.it/v/4rtt.png

    Do you think this is related to today's outage? I don't see why the fire department would demand a shutdown of the entire DC, plus they claim to have VESDA so this seems really fishy to me.
    I highly doubt it's related to the outage. It looks like it was revoked back in January.
    ▄▀▄ Brian Harrison, Lead Engineer - Reprise Hosting (AS62838)
    ▄▀▄ Deals on cheap dedicated server hosting. IPMI included! Unmetered bandwidth.
    ▄▀▄ Website migration, 24/7/365 support, basic server setup, 15 day money back.
    ▄▀▄ Looking for DEALS on self-managed cheap VPS hosting? Visit VPSHostingDEAL.com

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    494
    usually failure to file papers properly. personal property forms etc.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    /root
    Posts
    598
    May be change of brand or may be change of business setup. Outage might not be caused due to business setup anyway..
    || Tecsys Solutions LLC | Outperforming the Performers!! ||
    || Outsourced Server Management and Technical Support Solutions ||
    || Now Offering Secure Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers specially setup for Hosting Providers ||
    || https://www.24x7TechnicalSupport.net ||

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    1,557
    my question would be so what ?

    there a dozen reasons something like that to happen.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by kaniini View Post
    So, as a result of discussion concerning today's GigeNET outage I couldn't help but notice that GigeNET's LLC was revoked.

    http://goput.it/v/4rtt.png

    Do you think this is related to today's outage? I don't see why the fire department would demand a shutdown of the entire DC, plus they claim to have VESDA so this seems really fishy to me.
    When smoke is detected from electrical equipment, most fire departments standard policy is to have the main power feed turned off to investigate. Last thing they want is to have a secondary fire started by the original cause, or fire personal injured/killed while they investigate.

    Id suggest getting out of the conspiracy theories direction your heading down..

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA / UK
    Posts
    4,553
    Well, Gigenet is an assumed name from looking at that LLC revoked image kaniini posted.

    As far as I'm aware, all businesses must have their assumed names registered with the county clerks office where they are based.

    Gigenet's datacenter and offices appear to be in Cook County, IL

    Searching Gigenet on https://assumednames.cookcountyclerk.com/public/search returns nothing for me.

    So, it would seem Gigenet is currently operating illegally and has been since January since they are trading under an assumed name that isn't registered with the county their business is based from and operates from.

    I could be wrong of course, I'm not specifically familiar with how Illinois law works. This would greatly worry me if I was a Gigenet customer however.

    Hopefully someone from Gigenet will post here and clarify their current situation.

  8. #8
    Hello!

    I am new to WHT, but I have been handling Accounting & Human Resources with Gigenet.com for over 4 years. This is my first WHT post but I felt it important that I address this thread directly.

    I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I personally completed the form and cut the check for our LLC renewal at the beginning of this year, so this is certainly a puzzle to me. I've gone back into our records and even confirmed that the check was cashed, so there is an issue at hand that we certainly need to work out with the state department as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it is beyond their business hours for today but I will be calling first thing tomorrow to remedy this situation. Again, I do appreciate this, because we would not have known of this error without your diligence.

    As a GigeNET employee, I'd also like to take a moment to assure that we will have this resolved, as it is now my number one priority to ensure that our business is in good standing. We are alive and well and plan to continue in the hosting business for many years to come.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, OK, USA
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by GigenetChristy View Post
    Hello!

    I am new to WHT, but I have been handling Accounting & Human Resources with Gigenet.com for over 4 years. This is my first WHT post but I felt it important that I address this thread directly.

    I want to thank you for bringing this to my attention. I personally completed the form and cut the check for our LLC renewal at the beginning of this year, so this is certainly a puzzle to me. I've gone back into our records and even confirmed that the check was cashed, so there is an issue at hand that we certainly need to work out with the state department as soon as possible. Unfortunately, it is beyond their business hours for today but I will be calling first thing tomorrow to remedy this situation. Again, I do appreciate this, because we would not have known of this error without your diligence.

    As a GigeNET employee, I'd also like to take a moment to assure that we will have this resolved, as it is now my number one priority to ensure that our business is in good standing. We are alive and well and plan to continue in the hosting business for many years to come.
    I checked today and GigeNET's LLC is still not in good standing. Can you provide us with an update on the current situation?

  10. #10
    Hi kaniini!

    I contacted the Secretary of State department, and after the resolution was found, I was told that it takes an average of 7-10 business days to process and have our status updated in the system. I have been checking in everyday for the status update, as well!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    On Earth
    Posts
    131
    Quote Originally Posted by GigenetChristy View Post
    Hi kaniini!

    I contacted the Secretary of State department, and after the resolution was found, I was told that it takes an average of 7-10 business days to process and have our status updated in the system. I have been checking in everyday for the status update, as well!
    Good to see it is going to solved soon.
    Looking around for some time
    PM me for Website Design and Web Development Work.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, OK, USA
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by talkrelay View Post
    Good to see it is going to solved soon.
    How soon is soon? It is now 3 weeks after I opened the thread back up, and it's still revoked.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by kaniini View Post
    How soon is soon? It is now 3 weeks after I opened the thread back up, and it's still revoked.
    I'm missing the point of this; it is a matter between Gigenet and the state. The revoked LLC does not impact their ability to serve customers.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, AU
    Posts
    1,392
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    I'm missing the point of this; it is a matter between Gigenet and the state. The revoked LLC does not impact their ability to serve customers.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    SERVSTRA | THE HIGH BANDWIDTH SERVER SPECIALISTS
    Lowest prices on 2Gbps, 5Gbps & 10Gbps DEDICATED unmetered servers!!!
    █ Custom 10Gbps unmetered clustered server solutions! Email us for more info!
    Over 24 world wide locations to choose from!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    327
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    I'm missing the point of this; it is a matter between Gigenet and the state. The revoked LLC does not impact their ability to serve customers.
    I was under the impression that a revoked LLC means that the company isn't permitted to do business in the state. Are you aware of something that says otherwise?

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by JGoldman View Post
    I was under the impression that a revoked LLC means that the company isn't permitted to do business in the state. Are you aware of something that says otherwise?
    It means that Gigenet needs to work it out with the state. Its not something anyone on WHT needs to get worked up over.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA / UK
    Posts
    4,553
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Its not something anyone on WHT needs to get worked up over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Servstra-Sales View Post
    I was thinking the same thing.


    Yea, because a company selling their services to the WHT community, a company that is potentially operating illegally, a company that might get shut down by the authorities at any moment for operating illegally, that's no big deal to people on WHT.

    /sarcasm

    If nothing else, the fact that nobody at Gigenet noticed this for nearly a year would greatly concern me. Is there anything else have they forgotten to take care of?

    I have nothing against Gigenet personally - if ANY company was in this kind of situation, particularly a company I do business with, I would want to know about it, and I would be greatly concerned about it.
    Last edited by ramnet; 11-02-2013 at 12:19 PM.
    RAM Host -- Premium & Budget Linux Hosting From The USA & EU
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel CloudLinux Shared Hosting
    █ & Cheap Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA / UK
    Posts
    4,553
    Also, as to why this should concern the WHT community.

    Anyone who has entered into a contract with Gigenet for service, I would guess under the law all contracts with Gigenet are null and void since Gigenet legally doesn't exist.

    Can Gigenet legally enforce their Terms of Service?

    Is Gigenet largely immune from lawsuits since they don't exist?

    What about people that are under long term contracts for colocation? Are those still enforceable?

    As far as I'm aware, in legal terms an LLC or an INC is a "person" under the law. If that is so, then when you LLC or INC lapses the "person" dies effectively.
    Last edited by ramnet; 11-02-2013 at 12:38 PM.
    RAM Host -- Premium & Budget Linux Hosting From The USA & EU
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel CloudLinux Shared Hosting
    █ & Cheap Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by ramnet View Post
    Also, as to why this should concern the WHT community.

    Anyone who has entered into a contract with Gigenet for service, I would guess under the law all contracts with Gigenet are null and void since Gigenet legally doesn't exist.

    Can Gigenet legally enforce their Terms of Service?

    Is Gigenet largely immune from lawsuits since they don't exist?

    What about people that are under long term contracts for colocation? Are those still enforceable?

    As far as I'm aware, in legal terms an LLC or an INC is a "person" under the law. If that is so, then when you LLC or INC lapses the "person" dies effectively.
    You're looking at the wrong place. You're looking under a DBA/Assumed Business Name with the county, which isn't always necessary for a registered company. You register DBAs with your county; create corporations in the state of your choice.

    Further, Gigenet is registered in Delaware, presumably for tax purposes. They're legal, as my screenshot below shows. This could've been easily cleared up, if someone would've just looked in the first screenshot where it shows Gigenet as a foregin LLC registered in the state of Delaware.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2013-11-02 at 12.54.34 PM.png  

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    5,083
    In other words Terry, this thread and the attempt at creating drama was unnecessary?

    Wow who would have thought?

    I am glad Gigenet did the right thing and mostly ignored it.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by IGobyTerry View Post

    Further, Gigenet is registered in Delaware, presumably for tax purposes. They're legal, as my screenshot below shows. This could've been easily cleared up, if someone would've just looked in the first screenshot where it shows Gigenet as a foregin LLC registered in the state of Delaware.
    You don't know what you're talking about. Your screenshot below shows absolutely nothing. It just shows that a corporation was registered at some point in time in Delaware. You would have to view the Certificate/Statement of Good Standing (which must be ordered via mail) to see if they are currently legit or not.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by wswd View Post
    You don't know what you're talking about. Your screenshot below shows absolutely nothing. It just shows that a corporation was registered at some point in time in Delaware. You would have to view the Certificate/Statement of Good Standing (which must be ordered via mail) to see if they are currently legit or not.
    You can receive the status online:

    Quote Originally Posted by https://delecorp.delaware.gov/tin/controller
    Additional Information is available for a fee. You can retrieve Status for a fee of $10.00 or
    more detailed information including current franchise tax assessment, current filing history
    and more for a fee of $20.00.
    If you'd like, you can pay the $10 to check on the status. It's actually under "digital management partners, llc." I took a screen shot of the wrong company.

    I plan to buy a few beers with my $10, as gigenet has always acted in good faith before. I doubt anything has changed, and it'll all be cleared up in a few.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    949
    Right...like I said, your screenshot shows absolutely nothing, contrary to what you wanted everybody to believe.

    I don't care about their status one way or another, personally. Just noting that your thread-ending earth-shattering breakthrough isn't quite what you said it was.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    949
    Quote Originally Posted by IGobyTerry View Post
    It's actually under "digital management partners, llc."
    And no, it's not under Digital Mangement Partners. While they may be related, in fact owned by Digital... they are two completely separate legal entities. You can't have a LLC doing business as a INC. or what have you. For legal purposes, they are 2 separate entities.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    842
    Lol, 80% of the "companies" selling services on WHT probably aren't "legal". Just because the ownership structure of a particular provider along with the accompanying licensing doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it's not legit.

    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Rob Tyree
    Versaweb - DDoS Protected Cloud and Dedicated Server Hosting
    Fiberhub - SAS70 Type-II Colocation in Las Vegas and Seattle

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512

    Re: gigenet's llc was revoked

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob T View Post
    Lol, 80% of the "companies" selling services on WHT probably aren't "legal". Just because the ownership structure of a particular provider along with the accompanying licensing doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean it's not legit.

    Nothing to see here. Move along.
    Legal our otherwise, it is a matter between the company and the state, most likely an error or oversight.

    Debating this on WHT is completely futile.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Tulsa, OK, USA
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by IGobyTerry View Post
    You can receive the status online:



    If you'd like, you can pay the $10 to check on the status. It's actually under "digital management partners, llc." I took a screen shot of the wrong company.

    I plan to buy a few beers with my $10, as gigenet has always acted in good faith before. I doubt anything has changed, and it'll all be cleared up in a few.
    GigeNET is not the same company as GIGENETWORKS, INC.

    They replied earlier in the thread saying they were doing business with the Illinois Secretary of State. Are you dense?

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,299
    Quote Originally Posted by kaniini View Post
    GigeNET is not the same company as GIGENETWORKS, INC.

    They replied earlier in the thread saying they were doing business with the Illinois Secretary of State. Are you dense?
    Yes, I know. Gigenet is however Digital Management Partners, LLC, in both Illinois and Delaware. I clarified that I posted the wrong screenshot earlier. They're registered as a foreign entity in Illinois, which isn't required to transact business. This is sometimes required because of a trusteeship, or business loan. That may not be the reason for the registration however. They may have other reasons.

    Here's what we do know based off the online data provided for us. Gigenet's registration in Illinois, as Digital Management Partners, was revoked. They're also registered in Delaware, however the status of that registration is not provided online.

    Based off this information, there does not appear to be anything wrong with the business registration status of Gigenet. If someone can provide that Gigenets registration in Delaware has been revoked, then there is a problem. But at this point, we don't know that.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    USA / UK
    Posts
    4,553

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by IGobyTerry View Post
    They're registered as a foreign entity in Illinois, which isn't required to transact business.
    Actually, I think it is fairly obvious that the fact they operate a datacenter and have offices and employees in Illinois means they have established sufficient Nexus for Illinois and are in fact required to register as a foreign entity there simply for that reason.
    RAM Host -- Premium & Budget Linux Hosting From The USA & EU
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel CloudLinux Shared Hosting
    █ & Cheap Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

  30. #30
    screencast.com/t/YF4X5pYv

    I haven't posted enough to be able to include URLs in my post, but please visit the above and just add https://

    GOOD TO GO! Thanks for your support.

Similar Threads

  1. Getting a domain revoked for spam
    By Linveo in forum Domain Names
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-13-2011, 04:34 PM
  2. Holy Crap, I need help! Peer's Certificate Revoked
    By AstroNyu in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2009, 10:26 AM
  3. Do I need to get old SSL cert revoked if I move provider?
    By brookie in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11-04-2007, 11:32 AM
  4. MySQL Problem: Revoked all root privileges
    By ccole in forum Hosting Security and Technology
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-15-2004, 03:30 PM
  5. they revoked
    By cbaker17 in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 12-24-2000, 03:34 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •