Interested in reselling

I'm a newbie to this board and I am interested in the web hosting business. I would like to hear people that have had profitable experiences with reselling. Actually any information about reselling would be appreciated. (Opinions on big companies reselling programs, good starter companies, etc.)

Thanks!

A reseller plan is usually a good place to start off from. Some people over-invest by going to a big dedicated server and try to load as many clients on it as fast as possible. Reseller plans are usually much more cost effective for any new startup. What kind of reseller hosting are you looking for in particular? What kind of customer/audience are you going to be targeting/selling to?

Besides the big companies reseller program, I was interested in this one securepaynet . net
    They seem to offer a decent reseller package. My audience would be the local family business in my area, since I know a lot of them from personal and past working relations. I want to start off offering website designing and quick shopping carts (both easy web builder software or outsourced) along with hosting their domains.

I have soo many questions, I kind of am overwhelming myself, and don't know where to begin. Sorry if I am not making much sense at the moment.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Todd702 View Post
    Besides the big companies reseller program, I was interested in this one securepaynet . net
    They seem to offer a decent reseller package. My audience would be the local family business in my area, since I know a lot of them from personal and past working relations. I want to start off offering website designing and quick shopping carts (both easy web builder software or outsourced) along with hosting their domains.

I have soo many questions, I kind of am overwhelming myself, and don't know where to begin. Sorry if I am not making much sense at the moment.

Thanks
    Just avoid the cheapy everything for nothing type providers they generally oversell to there eye balls remember a cPanel license is like $28/month they selling accounts for $1/Month they'll have to sell, maintain and support over 30 clients just to break even on the cPanel license that's minus server costs and other recurring costs such as there own domain name.

cd/home,

do you have any US recommendations? I noticed yours is based out of the UK? I have a few more questions, any way to email you? I don't want to post url's, not trying to advertise but have a few questions on some of the reseller options/descriptions and would be easier to provide link.

Thanks,

Generally reselling can be profitable, unfortunately I never started there myself but if done right it can work, a long with having a VPS or dedicated server, it just takes patience and time.

Just make sure you set your profit margins right and work hard

My audience would be the local family business in my area, since I know a lot of them from personal and past working relations. I want to start off offering website designing and quick shopping carts (both easy web builder software or outsourced) along with hosting their domains.

Thanks
    If you are targeting customers in a certain area it would be a good idea to find resellers who have servers near your location as your customer web site loading speeds (to them) will be much faster this way.

Also I would recommend to find a host that offer good technical support with live chat technical support as this would really help you with fixing your client issues fast and your clients will be happy in the long run.

To learn more about running and starting a web hosting business I would recommend to have a look at the following tutorials section.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=94
    [DC'S] SINGAPORE. AUSTRALIA. JAPAN. INDIA. CHINA HK. USA. UK. NETHERLANDS. GERMANY. SOUTH AFRICA
    MyCompanyWeb™: Start Your Own Professional Web Hosting Company in 24 Hours
    SkyNetHosting.Net - SEO Hosting. Reseller Hosting. Shared Hosting & VPS - 14 Years in Business!
    Dedicated IP + SSL + WHMCS + Domain Reseller + Master Reseller + 100% SSD + End User Support and More!

I agree with the others, reseller hosting can be a great place to start. Just keep in mind that the products/service you offer is only as good as your reseller host can provide. Take time to research and find a company that consistently offers a high level of service, doing so will increase your profits long term.

There are many quality providers that advertise right here on WHT, just be sure to research any potential hosts that you find.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial

Be careful when you are choosing your hosting provider. Have a good look around and dont fall for fake reviews. Thats the best advice i could give you

Good luck with your reseller business!

From my understanding of reselling what you have to do is try and find a company that will sell you bulk hosting for cheap, and then you resell that hosting in smaller portions for a higher price then what you bought it for.

I'm a newbie to this board and I am interested in the web hosting business. I would like to hear people that have had profitable experiences with reselling. Actually any information about reselling would be appreciated. (Opinions on big companies reselling programs, good starter companies, etc.)

Thanks!
    awesome!

A few words of advice. Just make sure you don't pick the cheapest provider out there. Do your research and stick with a good quality provider that has good support and up time.

A good provider (great up time and support) vs a bad provider (slow ticket replies, bad support, bad up time) will either make or break your hosting experience.

The few extra bucks you spend on a good provider will more than make up for itself in less downtime, better support and network stability down the road.
    Megaspace Web Hosting Canadian Shared Web Hosting | Kitchener-Waterloo, Elmira, Listowel Web Hosting
    ASSP Anti-Spam Email Filtering | cPanel Web Hosting | 24 x 7 x 365 Website Uptime Monitoring | Creative Web Design
    Live Chat Support | Skype Support | English Speaking Tech Support | PHP/MySQL |
    www.megaspace.ca Host with us and get a Tim Card at Christmas!

try starting with a decent budget and host you don't want to start fresh and have problems with the network and service you choose to go with. Start with a reseller plan from a very good reliable host there are plenty here on WHT.

You should write up yourself a business plan that you can always edit easily and make changes to it what not even be able to add things to it. In your business plan be sure to include goals, requirements and wants. Stick to it and build yourself a heck of a strong foundation with trust and amazing support. Advertise locally and build yourself a very strong client base from ground up make sure one hand washes another. If things get tight don't just let your clients down first try making ends meet by doing things. Always let your customers know what's going on with your company and if your going out of business don't just shut everything down but prepare your clients by giving them time in advanced. To move from your servers.

From what I saw from our own resellers, it's very hard to make it if you plan on offering strictly web hosting, reselling usually works best when you offer it along your existing services such as web design, development, programming, etc. Make sure the support is there when you need it and it better be quick response, since you will be the middleman between the host and your customers, your support to your customers is only as good as the support you are getting from your host... but if you got a good working relationship with your host, your customers will stick with you for a long time, we have resellers who have customers for over 10 years now just to give you an idea... good luck to you.

Making a good living doing it. Start with a reseller plan, then go to a vps then a dedi. Start with a small footprint, this way you will not be financially stressed and can have it naturally grow, providing you put in the effort.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.