* [Noob] Some questions about VPS host

Hello everyone,
    First time here, because for my master thesis on IT Engineering I'll carry on some html5 app, so I'm introducing myself on this world. The thing is I'll use also SEO techniques on, so It will be some kind of hybrid.
    After some research here i decided that I'll go to the London server by tmzvps.
    As my thesis is enough hard to even need to deal with all server stuff, I want to buy the managed one. But I dont see there about the OS installed and so on. Here are my questions, some are more related to the server but in general are noob ones:

1-Will I need to deal with the OS installation of the server, php, mysql, apache, etc...or in a managed one this is set up?

2- I'm able to update or advise to update php to for example version 6?

3-Does It suppose that even if it's managed I can add or activate basic modules in apache? I was in fatcow...and I haven't been able to activate mod_expires.so for the static cache, the gzip i needed to activate by PHP method, etc...
    I really dont have time to deal with those small impediments when I'm writing a thesis xD.

3-I couldnt also alocate the sitemap.xml on anyway... Is this rules common on other hosts? Fatcow said that for security reasons I'm not able, and by ticket they didnt agree by the way.

Glad to join you guys, and I'll appear here quite often since now.

welcome

1 depends on what you order only your provider can tell you this

2 depends again on your OS whether you using the the distos binaries or installing your self by source

3 its your server you can install/activate whatever modules you like
    Lowest Host/Empire Technology LLC
    Offering Quality Shared, Reseller, VPS servers, and Dedicated Servers
    24x7 Tech Support http://empire-hosting.net
    XEN Servers Now http://xenserversnow.com - Budget XEN VPS /

Thanks for ur answers, for the last one...in FatCow was my VPS host...and I wasn't allowed for "security reasons".

Did not think fat cow offered VPS's its not on there web site ??
    EIG host at least not that brand

They have but quite hidden, just write in google 'fatcow VPS' and the first not paid one, quite affordable but...

Optional root access
    Sounds a bit fishy

Quote Originally Posted by danielpfc View Post
    Hello everyone,
    First time here, because for my master thesis on IT Engineering I'll carry on some html5 app, so I'm introducing myself on this world. The thing is I'll use also SEO techniques on, so It will be some kind of hybrid.
    After some research here i decided that I'll go to the London server by tmzvps.
    As my thesis is enough hard to even need to deal with all server stuff, I want to buy the managed one. But I dont see there about the OS installed and so on. Here are my questions, some are more related to the server but in general are noob ones:

1-Will I need to deal with the OS installation of the server, php, mysql, apache, etc...or in a managed one this is set up?

2- I'm able to update or advise to update php to for example version 6?

3-Does It suppose that even if it's managed I can add or activate basic modules in apache? I was in fatcow...and I haven't been able to activate mod_expires.so for the static cache, the gzip i needed to activate by PHP method, etc...
    I really dont have time to deal with those small impediments when I'm writing a thesis xD.

3-I couldnt also alocate the sitemap.xml on anyway... Is this rules common on other hosts? Fatcow said that for security reasons I'm not able, and by ticket they didnt agree by the way.

Glad to join you guys, and I'll appear here quite often since now.
    Hi,

Seems like most of these questions are directed to us, so I will go ahead and answer them here .

1. With our Managed VPS's this is all setup. MySQL, Apache, Php etc are all installed and configured. There are also other things installed like WHMXTRA, firewall etc.

2. You can always upgrade or downgrade to any version you want. We can do it for you if needed.

3. We can do this for you.

4. I don't know why they would not allow you to do this. We allow it.

If you have any other questions you can come on live chat if online or e-mail [email protected]

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

About semi-root...yes, It's like that. Sounds weird, that's why I asked, because I didnt expect such a things.
    About the last answer THANKS A LOT. And see you soon when I'll have something good ready to upload. I'll also write my experiences with the Host .

Quote Originally Posted by danielpfc View Post
    I'll use also SEO techniques on, so It will be some kind of hybrid.
    Make sure you don't fall into the snake oil section of SEO - stick to the 'whitehat' stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Flapadar View Post
    Make sure you don't fall into the snake oil section of SEO - stick to the 'whitehat' stuff

Hehe, about the hybrid I didn't mean that is half SEO half web, I meant web/mobile hybrid, it's a web app that I'll wrap later for android, windows phone, etc.

The main part of the thesis is to apply web techniques to a mobile app, SEO is just a really easy and minority part. Others are responsive/adaptative interface, and so on. I'm doing step by step, but It's quite big thing to don't be able to get stuck on SEO.
    In fact, the main point is to improve a mobile app using web and mobile techniques, that's why the importance about gzip compression and cache, it's HTML5 and I won't have local BBDD in the phones so I'll have higher traffic than a native app.

Thanks for your advice by the way