Thumbs up 14 Months with KnownHost Review

Whilst doing some general searches on WHT, I thought I'd throw in a review of my time with KnownHost.

I first became a customer in mid-July 2012 having outgrown standard shared hosting - it was after looking at several reviews on this forum that I chose KnownHost.

I initially began on the VPS-2 plan and slowly upgraded to the VPS-6 plan as my blog(s) grew in size and traffic increased massively over the course of the year.

Performance

Performance wise, I'm surprised I've been able to get away with not having to upgrade to a dedicated server - at least in my opinion. I've had major traffic spikes throughout the year causing occasional slowdowns, and after contacting support we were able to identify the problem and solve the problem and/or misconfiguration.

The server is snappy, WHM/cPanel carry out tasks quickly and I've never had to restart the server or any running services.

Support

Everyone I have dealt with in Support has been quick and informative. I don't have to contact support very often, but when the unfortunate time comes, I normally get a reply within 10-15 minutes.

Annoyingly I was recently on the receiving end of a DDoS attack against my IP resulting in a null-route for 24 hours - not much I could do. (Perhaps the competition dislikes my blog)

Network

One of my favourite aspects of KnownHost. The majority of my traffic comes from the US and UK making their East Coast DC ideal. Excellent speeds, and KnownHost gladly increased my uplink cap when requested.

Uptime

The only time there was ever an issue was due to packet loss for approximately 30-60 minutes many months back. The situation was kept up to date on their website, and more often that not my sites were still accessible. No reboots, no hardware failure, nothing.

To conclude, I couldn't be happier with KnownHost and would recommend them to anyone looking for a managed cPanel VPS.

I'm not sure if I need to declare my IP/domain as proof - do I need to contact support?

Interesting review, thanks for sharing. I've been with them for several years now and haven't moved anywhere else, due mainly to the big points you make above.