Thread: SEO Hosting

SEO Hosting

Hey guys,

I'm looking to build a tier 1 network of around 20 sites and need hosting with different C-Clas IP's.

I don't know much about the subject so wanted to ask if anyone could clarify exactly what I need to build this network.

Should I also host my money money sites on this hosting?

Where should I go to find this?

Thanks
      1 Not allowed!

SEO Hosting? The web host cannot control your domain's SEO status.
    You'll probably need to do some SEO by yourself.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew-x View Post
    SEO Hosting? The web host cannot control your domain's SEO status.
    You'll probably need to do some SEO by yourself.

...ok thanks for that...

Now, anyone who understands SEO have any input?
      0 Not allowed!

Well, mainly two parts, onsite SEO and offsite SEO
    On Site SEO:
    Meta keywords, robots.txt, sitemap, linking
    Off Site SEO:
    Mainly backlinks and domain age.
      0 Not allowed!

ok thanks for that Andrew you're a good guy
      0 Not allowed!

As what Andrew said correctly, these things can be done by yourself only in case if you have knowledge about these or hire a programmer who would help you out in this matter.
    Hostpaedia - Affordable, Reliable & Secure Web Hosting
    Web Hosting : Host Unlimited Websites, cPanel, Softaculous, Servers in USA and Germany
    Reseller Hosting : cPanel, Softaculous
    VPS Hosting : KVM VPS powered by Virtualizor
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by pwolly View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm looking to build a tier 1 network of around 20 sites and need hosting with different C-Clas IP's.

I don't know much about the subject so wanted to ask if anyone could clarify exactly what I need to build this network.

Should I also host my money money sites on this hosting?

Where should I go to find this?

Thanks
    CIDR replaced the A,B, and C classes years ago, I would avoid any host offering service based on C-Class IP's from the jump. Basically, what you're looking for is different shared IPs for your sites (I'm assuming for some type of link farm).

Keep in mind that Google is working harder and harder to penalize link networks with each algorithm update. Providing another reason to avoid "SEO" hosting companies (since everyone hosted on the IPs is likely trying to work some black hat magic, you'd think these IPs would be targets for Google).

The best SEO (as others have mentioned) has nothing to do with link farms, splog networks, or IP addresses and everything to do with the content of your site and "natural" back links.
    WHMEasyBackup.com - Take Control Of Your Backups!
    Complete Backup Solution For WHM Reseller Accounts
    Download Trial
      1 Not allowed!

You are right, and Google knows what to do, they are not idiots.
      0 Not allowed!

Search the web for SEO hosting providers or just setup multiple accounts with different hosts. From what I've heard you should never interlink the domains and always make sure you post quality, unique content on a regular basis. Also, try to use different platforms on each site (Wordpress, Drupal, etc).

Hostgator have a sub-company that provides SEO hosting services, but some are weary of it because they fear that Google knows all the IPs and may penalise sites hosted on there. Although I've never heard of this actually happening... yet and have no reason to see why they would. I don't know what the performance is like though.

You are better off just getting multiple, small hosting accounts from different, reliable providers and hosting 1 or 2 domains on each.

There are other forums on the web that are much more knowledgeable on this type of thing than WHT, as you are probably already aware judging by some of the responses you have received
    Farbyte Ltd [UK] ♦ Professional UK Hosting ♦ Tel: +44 (0)843 532 0744
    cPanelŽ web hosting since 2006.
    SSD caching VPS with resilient, redundant replicated storage & IPS
    ♦ Hosting ♦ Domains ♦ SSL Certificates ♦ VPS
      0 Not allowed!

You will need in this case $2-3/mo hosting. Or cheaper. So $50 may be will be enough for you project with 20 different IPv4 addresses.
    QHoster.com - Web Hosting with DDoS Protection | Shared & Reseller in Europe/North America
    Linux/Windows RDP VPS 13 Locations : UK, US (5 states), Mexico, Canada, Bulgaria, Lithuania,
    Italy, France, Germany,Netherlands, Switzerland, Rissia, Singapore | OpenVPN/PPTP Enabled
    INSTANT | PayPal, Skrill, Payza, Bitcoin, WebMoney, Perfect Money, Ukash, CashU, paysafecard
      0 Not allowed!

I agree with what others are saying. Google has a lot of very smart people working for them. Google has already figured out who the "SEO Hosts" are and what IP addresses are being used by those SEO hosts. The easiest way around that is to sign up for hosting at a bunch of different cheap web hosting companies instead of placing all of your sites at one SEO host.
    No Support Linux Hosting Bargain cPanel Hosting Experts Only
    We IGNORE the support questions, and pass the SAVINGS on to YOU!
    We also ignore questions about VPS Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah , you are right. I have once faced the same problem when IP address of my SEO host got banned.
      0 Not allowed!

IP addresses have no bearing on rank. This is a silly decade-old myth. Enough already.
    Having multiple hosts or "SEO" hosts make zero difference rank-wise.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

How many different C-class IP's do you need, the OP?
      0 Not allowed!

Do you get SEO benefits from this?
    I'm pretty sure that Google knows all the IP's/backlink sites that this host offers and it won't be really good.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by oceanok View Post
    How many different C-class IP's do you need, the OP?
    This gets so ridiculous. There is no such thing as a "C class" address.
    The third octet is not a class.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

SEO Hosting

It's possible that some aspects of hosting will slightly affect the ranking. It's more likely that the "SEO Hosting" is just some good old snake oil.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by nettiapina View Post
    It's possible that some aspects of hosting will slightly affect the ranking. It's more likely that the "SEO Hosting" is just some good old snake oil.
    Hi nettiapina,

The OP isn't talking about particular features of a hosting package/provider, but instead about creating his own network of websites for the purpose of SEO

Some companies offer web hosting packages that allow you to place multiple websites on different IP addresses. This type of hosting service has become known as 'SEO Hosting'.

It's easy to misinterpret the term if you haven't heard of it before
      0 Not allowed!

SEO Hosting

I've heard about it before, and I'm not impressed with what I've heard about the so-called SEO hosting offerings. Sure, you can try to game Google's system with silly tricks, but the benefits are probably negligible.

"Oh, but you don't know/understand this" just makes it worse. There are several techies on the thread, so unless it's BS you can explain it.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not sure I've interpreted your response correctly, but just to be clear, I'm not the OP and not looking for, nor providing SEO hosting services. lol
      0 Not allowed!

SEO Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by Farbyte View Post
    I'm not sure I've interpreted your response correctly, but just to be clear, I'm not the OP and not looking for, nor providing SEO hosting services. lol
    Sorry if I was too harsh, or came across as if I was accusing you. My comment was intended to be about the whole discussion surrounding SEO hosting.

I'd appreciate if someone could outline the benefits. Preferably with links to supporting articles written in 2013. I've seen couple of pieces that discredit SEO hosting, and the general direction of Google's algorithm changes makes it look like a pointless excercise.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Farbyte View Post
    instead about creating his own network of websites for the purpose of SEO
    @nettiapina -- This is BS part, quoted above.

It's simply a way of saying "SEO hosting" without saying "SEO hosting" (or mentioning IPs). It still insinuates IP addresses matter when in fact they do not. The whole idea of a "blog network" is to attempt to fool Google, when in fact it does not. The ONLY way that works, is if ALL the sites in the "network" are quality sites. It has nothing to do with "network", IP addresses, "SEO", etc. That's just using the web as it was intended! I have no idea why people do not understand that.

You weren't too harsh. This silly myth needs to go away, not get more followers.
    || Need a good host?
    ||
      0 Not allowed!

Simply put - Google is getting better at finding the link spammers - and SEO networks are nothing but link spammers.

Whenever anyone asks for CLass (a,b,c) addresses, after I stop laughing, I just realise how ignorant of the Internet they are. I also realize that they are follwoing some years old myth where the IP address matters to the Search Engines.

OP, No I will not propagate the lies nor tell you how to best spam links for the search engines.
    CPanel Shared and Reseller Hosting, OpenVZ VPS Hosting. West Coast (LA) Servers and Nodes
    Running Linux since 1.0.8 Kernel!
    Providing Internet Services since 1995 and Hosting Since 2004
      0 Not allowed!

kindly let me know complete procedure of SEO Hosting...
      0 Not allowed!

It's really more of a marketing term, most SEO Hosting really isn't seo hosting
      0 Not allowed!