Thumbs up Backupsy Review A+

(I figured the VPS thread would be the spot for this review since technically I did buy a VPS and I am backing up VPS Nodes.)

Well let me start off by saying WOW! Finally a company that offers an incredible service at an even more remarkable price, and backs it all up (no pun intended lol) with great support!

We decided to ditch our local backup systems, which were just another bill, and outsource our backup storage. We came across Backupsy here on WHT, and decided to give them a go.

We currently launched a new VPS Node in Tampa FL, and decided to use our new 250GB Backupsy VPS to a dedicated storage solution. We chose the Buffalo NY location for our VPS. The ordering process was fast, the support and sales team answered all of our questions/concerns, and we were up and "storing" within an hour of purchasing!

I have nothing bad to really say about them at this point in time, except that the cogent connection that is used between my DC (Hivelocity) and the Buffalo NY DC is REALLY SLOW! 2-3Mbps SLOW. I am in the process of migrating to Dallas which was recommended, so we will see how that works out.

The only other complaint I have is that sometimes Support can be rather slow to respond to tickets (connection issues mentioned above). The longest delay was 2 days. Everyone does get busy though right? Plus, it wasn't like my services were not accessible.

We are coming up on our 2 month mark with them, and I know that is early to right a review, but I just wanted to share our current experience for those that might also be in the market. We plan on moving all of our backups to them, and taking advantage of their mirroring offer over a distributed number of locations for extra redundancy.

Thank you again Backupsy for finally delivery such a great product at an even better price. I will update this review at a later date to let everyone know how it is going.
    Tyler S.
    TheWareHive.com | Hosting Sites Since 2010

"Problems Of Today, Meet Solutions Of Tomorrow"
    US East ~ Shared, Dedicated & Fully Managed VPS Solutions

I couldn't disagree more with you. I am sure many companies will ditch their initial backup storage for backupsy. It's reliable and affordable. Been using them for almost 5 months and I couldn't be more than happier with their services. Oh and come on I didn't regret at all signing up with them. To those who have been spending hundreds of dollars for a dedicated backup storage, it's time to reduce cost and downgrade.

Kudos to Backupsy!

It's nice to hear your review!
    Yes, I'm a Backupsy customer as well and it's just awesome, it works flawlessly with my plartform.

Quote Originally Posted by Faris Aziz View Post
    I couldn't disagree more with you. I am sure many companies will ditch their initial backup storage for backupsy. It's reliable and affordable. Been using them for almost 5 months and I couldn't be more than happier with their services. Oh and come on I didn't regret at all signing up with them. To those who have been spending hundreds of dollars for a dedicated backup storage, it's time to reduce cost and downgrade.

Kudos to Backupsy!
    I think you should re-read my review friend. I was giving a POSITIVE review, kind of like what you gave, so I am not too sure on how we are disagreeing?
    Tyler S.
    TheWareHive.com | Hosting Sites Since 2010

"Problems Of Today, Meet Solutions Of Tomorrow"
    US East ~ Shared, Dedicated & Fully Managed VPS Solutions

I have the 250 gb VPS from Backupsy. I have only had their service for a short time, but so far, everything is working smoothly. I installed webmin to manage the VPS easier, along with a firewall program. I had some help from Justine at Bigscoots, who installed his script to rsnyc my onsite backups to the Backupsy VPS. I cannot comment on the support at Backupsy, as I have not needed it. The VPS was provisioned quickly, is as advertised, and is running fine.

Before you sign up for Backupsy, look around for coupons. They had some great deals posted on lowendtalk.com. Iím not sure if these coupons are still around, but itís worth it to check. With or without the coupons, itís a low price for peace of mind in an emergency.

Only need to access it a couple times a day, so can't comment on uptime. Used Support (actually Billing) one time.

It just works. Never noticed any downtime and the server is always quick. They definitely get a big thumbs up from me. Can't complain about the prices either.

I have to agree. I signed up on a GREAT special and was immediately impressed with the panel for deployment. I had a couple of questions/requests and they were attended to quickly and competently. I ended up just running a Debian instance with minimal services but, my backup server keeps going and I don't have to think about it:

Uptime for server:

root@*******:~# uptime
    18:04:46 up 104 days, 7:51, 1 user, load average: 0.00, 0.01, 0.05

A+ for backupsy too for fast support and best servicce

Thank you guys! We love you!
    - Founder of Backupsy, VPSDime, Winity

Quote Originally Posted by TheWareHive View Post
    I think you should re-read my review friend. I was giving a POSITIVE review, kind of like what you gave, so I am not too sure on how we are disagreeing?
    There seems to be a typo right there! My bad it's late

I've also just signed up with them after finding a great offer on here on the 500gb account. Set up a minimal Ubuntu install and backing up my other 2 VPS' to it.

Wow, so many positive information on a host, really nice to see

Used for couple of months and services is excellent!

Support is always on top.

I haven't encountered any problems with them (except I guess when their WHCMS wasn't available) but overall I'm very surprised about their services. They seem to take the backup market very seriously and not just a fly by night host(hopefully).

+1 for backupsy.
    Needed recently a big storage solution to swap some 400 Gb data between servers, found backupsy and with the 40% coupon it's cheap. I use their Amsterdam location with excellent connectivity for my needs (western Europe, Scandinavua, Russia).
    Their slices are very well tailored, with enough RAM to run comfortably any backup process, and come with two default virtual disks, a small one for the OS and the rest for the data. Very convenient.
    "Men alt dette er ikke begyndelsen." Mysterier, Hamsun - 1892

Hmm... I've enjoyed reading that, as I've been watching Backupsy to see how the reviews start to shape up; they're still relatively new on the scene.

I caught the detail about Cogent, though. I've been having the same problem - different source data centre, different backup destination, but identical problem. The traffic goes over Cogent's network, which means I only get 2-3 Mbps for most of the transmission.

I've learnt from your review that I won't solve that by using Backupsy instead. But seriously: What's up with Cogent?
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JamesOakley View Post
    Hmm... I've enjoyed reading that, as I've been watching Backupsy to see how the reviews start to shape up; they're still relatively new on the scene.

I caught the detail about Cogent, though. I've been having the same problem - different source data centre, different backup destination, but identical problem. The traffic goes over Cogent's network, which means I only get 2-3 Mbps for most of the transmission.

I've learnt from your review that I won't solve that by using Backupsy instead. But seriously: What's up with Cogent?
    Our Buffalo location was using Cogent. But not anymore. They have switched to Level3 instead of Cogent. Please see the test files on our site.

Quote Originally Posted by serverian View Post
    Our Buffalo location was using Cogent. But not anymore. They have switched to Level3 instead of Cogent. Please see the test files on our site.
    The Buffalo location looks to me to be on ColoCrossing's network?
    James

Interested in which hosts I'd recommend? Unmanaged VPS Reviews | Managed VPS Reviews

Quote Originally Posted by JamesOakley View Post
    The Buffalo location looks to me to be on ColoCrossing's network?
    It is. They recently removed cogent and added Level 3.

I am using there other new brand vpsdime.com which is in Dallas TX location and i can say there service is A+ smooth and stable.