Suggestions for a dedicated for backups and off-site website
I've been asked to put together a server where I work for the purpose of off-site backups that can be restored to the server to host our website and a couple of other things. Worked out the process just need a place to host the setup. Based on our current setup I think we need something like:
* 32Gb RAM
* 1Tb storage, RAID preferred
* Maybe 2Tb bandwidth, I can do incremental backups and the sites aren't all that busy anyway
* Newer quad-core Intel server processor
* Decent SLA for handling emergency tickets
* Just one IP (host headers, etc.)
* No idea on the budget, part of this is seeing who is out there that's good and asking for the right amount
* KVM would be nice, not required
* City location isn't too important since it would be mostly for emergencies
Budget: I'm trying to see how much this will cost to ask my boss to properly fund this. Sort of indifferent on location, we're in the US but outside would be OK because there's nothing on the box that would be super secret or anything. I'll take a look at OVH when they can take orders, anything else?
Current server is in Texas. Hope it's OK not to name them, they're decent enough but we don't want our eggs in one basket if something really bad happens to them, their DC, the area, or whatever.
The backups after the first will be pretty small and not run very often, only when we update our public website with small changes every couple weeks. Probably do a secondary DNS server too. So I'm not too worried about distance, but thanks for thinking of it!