New dedicated server solution

Hi
    I have a dedicated server with HostDime.com but they have disappointed me I'm afraid, too many times now with their service. I pay $300 a month now for a monster server (see specs pasted last). Are there a few companies out there that are considered "primo" -- hear NOTHING but good about HostDime but since Aric Pederson is not personally handling our server admin.

Intel Xeon E3-1270 Quad-Core 3.5GHz w/HT 8CPUs
    8GB RAM
    3 / 500GB Enterprise SATAIII 6.0 Gb/s Hard Drives (RAID5)
    1 / 500GB Enterprise SATAIII 6.0 Gb/s Hard Drive (Time Stamped Backups)
    Premium Adaptec Hardware RAID10 Controller
    10TB Monthly Bandwidth
    100Mbps Uplink
    CentOS 5(32bit)
    cPanel/WHM Included
    ConfigServer Security & Firewall (CSF) for Linux
    Kenneth LaVoie - owner www.centralmaineweb.com
    Professional web design, hosting and search engine optimization for small businesses.

"Delivering such excellence you wouldn't dream of being without us"

Quote Originally Posted by hotwired View Post
    Hi
    I have a dedicated server with HostDime.com but they have disappointed me I'm afraid, too many times now with their service. I pay $300 a month now for a monster server (see specs pasted last). Are there a few companies out there that are considered "primo" -- hear NOTHING but good about HostDime but since Aric Pederson is not personally handling our server admin.

Intel Xeon E3-1270 Quad-Core 3.5GHz w/HT 8CPUs
    8GB RAM
    3 / 500GB Enterprise SATAIII 6.0 Gb/s Hard Drives (RAID5)
    1 / 500GB Enterprise SATAIII 6.0 Gb/s Hard Drive (Time Stamped Backups)
    Premium Adaptec Hardware RAID10 Controller
    10TB Monthly Bandwidth
    100Mbps Uplink
    CentOS 5(32bit)
    cPanel/WHM Included
    ConfigServer Security & Firewall (CSF) for Linux
    Hello Kenneth,

I'm sorry to hear you've been experiencing issues. I've located your ticket and I am checking into it further now to see what we can do to resolve your issues.

Thanks again and have a great day,
    | Dennis Henry | HostDime | Premier Global Data Centers
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters
    | Data Centers in USA | Mexico | Brazil | UK | Hong Kong | India | Netherlands

Thank you Dennis. It's just discouraging. To give you some summary:
    1. 2 weeks ago, fairly new hard drive began to fail. Took several hours for techs to determine that. Now to be fair, once they determined that, they got it ported over flawlessly. (compared to when we upgraded from the 80 gig to the 500 gig a couple or so months ago, 2 hours estimated turned into 36 hours of downtime for my clients)

2. HostDime sales offered me a HUGELY advanced server for only $20 per month more. I agreed thinking we'd have it scheduled at 8 PM so that if anything went wrong, they'd have time. I woke up this morning, several websites were only partially restored, nobody could send email, none of the config server services were installed, it was just a mess. It was similar to the experience of upgrading from the 80G to 500G few months ago. Complete disaster.

3. I kept begging for updates but the responses were very 'I am Carl from INdia" ish. Very irrelevant responses based on the quewstions asked. I asked them to make sure our exim was running on 26 instead of just 25. They did not...so I finally went in and found where to make that happen and fix the problem. I cut grass for a living by the way, web design and hosting is a hobby business.

So I'm very disheartened and discouraged. HostDime's support is really falling short time and time again. I've been with them 10 years and having been paying $280 a month for a server all this time. The service is not reflective of that level at all. And the problems are all fairly simple. I'm still using one hand to stop the other from installing ConfigServer's suite of services now .... because I'm not sure how many hours will go by before the techs get it done.

That's my story! I hope you can understand my frustration....
    Professional web design, hosting and search engine optimization for small businesses.

Thank you Dennis. It's just discouraging. To give you some summary:
    1. 2 weeks ago, fairly new hard drive began to fail. Took several hours for techs to determine that. Now to be fair, once they determined that, they got it ported over flawlessly. (compared to when we upgraded from the 80 gig to the 500 gig a couple or so months ago, 2 hours estimated turned into 36 hours of downtime for my clients)

2. HostDime sales offered me a HUGELY advanced server for only $20 per month more. I agreed thinking we'd have it scheduled at 8 PM so that if anything went wrong, they'd have time. I woke up this morning, several websites were only partially restored, nobody could send email, none of the config server services were installed, it was just a mess. It was similar to the experience of upgrading from the 80G to 500G few months ago. Complete disaster.

3. I kept begging for updates but the responses were very 'I am Carl from INdia" ish. Very irrelevant responses based on the quewstions asked. I asked them to make sure our exim was running on 26 instead of just 25. They did not...so I finally went in and found where to make that happen and fix the problem. I cut grass for a living by the way, web design and hosting is a hobby business.

So I'm very disheartened and discouraged. HostDime's support is really falling short time and time again. I've been with them 10 years and having been paying $280 a month for a server all this time. The service is not reflective of that level at all. And the problems are all fairly simple. I'm still using one hand to stop the other from installing ConfigServer's suite of services now .... because I'm not sure how many hours will go by before the techs get it done.

That's my story! I hope you can understand my frustration....
    Hello Kenneth,

I can completely understand your frustration and I assure you we are doing everything possible to get this resolved for you as soon as possible. As you noted, we gave you a heavily discounted server in respect for your long term loyalty to our company and we value your partnership heavily. We will continue to work as hard as possible to get your clients services up and running ASAP and return you to the stable environment that you not only expect but deserve from us as your web hosting partner.

Thank you again for your understanding and patience as we work through these issues.
    | www.hostdime.com/global | Global Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Provider Since 2001
    | Managed Dedicated Servers | Global Colocation Facilities | Managed VPS | Managed Cloud Clusters

My frustration level may have erupted one moment too soon. Manny the owner and Aric P came to the rescue. I think I"m staying with HostDime for the long haul. Sorry guys for jumping the gun. IT's been a tough day .... Thanks for all you've done. I will continue to be loyal to HostDime for many moons to come...

My frustration level may have erupted one moment too soon. Manny the owner and Aric P came to the rescue. I think I"m staying with HostDime for the long haul. Sorry guys for jumping the gun. IT's been a tough day .... Thanks for all you've done. I will continue to be loyal to HostDime for many moons to come...
    Hello Kenneth,

Thank you for your kind words and understanding. As I said over the ticket and in previous replies to this thread, I completely understand and share in your frustration. We're looking forward to continuing our long-standing partnership with you for the many years to come.

Have a great day,