Yahoo Domains - Charged me $34 even I canceled plan

I have a very bad experience with yahoo domains. I canceled plan about 15 days before the renewal date of my domain with yahoo but they charged me $34.

How should I contact them to refund my money??
    HostinPK.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting
    cPanel/CWP | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept PayPal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, and Bank payments

Make sure you read the terms of service carefully and also make sure you took it off auto renew. If you are with in your rights, then talk to a manager.

Even if your domain was on auto-renew, you can still admit your mistake but request a partial refund.

Keep in mind that it does actually cost them some $$ to renew the domain name for you. If it was your "fault" that the domain was renewed (you did not cancel auto-renew, etc), then you should not expect a 100% refund.

However, I would definitely request some money back. It probably costs them about $10 to renew your domain. (This includes ICANN costs, registrar cost, taxes, cc transaction fees, and a tiny little bit of profit, maybe.)

So I would ask them to refund you say $20 of the $45 you paid. This still gives them a healthy profit on the transaction, and I think is a fair price for a domain renewal at any popular registar (namecheap, godaddy, etc..)

If they refuse, then you can consider a chargeback, but honestly... if it is your fault you did not cancel auto-renew then you should be prepared to lose the chargeback. (And honestly, it isn't very ethical to do a chargeback if you are indeed at fault.)

I hope that helps. Most companies are pretty reasonable and open for "negotiation" as long as you are also being reasonable.

We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

Quote Originally Posted by mrzippy View Post
    Even if your domain was on auto-renew, you can still admit your mistake but request a partial refund.

Keep in mind that it does actually cost them some $$ to renew the domain name for you. If it was your "fault" that the domain was renewed (you did not cancel auto-renew, etc), then you should not expect a 100% refund.

However, I would definitely request some money back. It probably costs them about $10 to renew your domain. (This includes ICANN costs, registrar cost, taxes, cc transaction fees, and a tiny little bit of profit, maybe.)

So I would ask them to refund you say $20 of the $45 you paid. This still gives them a healthy profit on the transaction, and I think is a fair price for a domain renewal at any popular registar (namecheap, godaddy, etc..)

If they refuse, then you can consider a chargeback, but honestly... if it is your fault you did not cancel auto-renew then you should be prepared to lose the chargeback. (And honestly, it isn't very ethical to do a chargeback if you are indeed at fault.)

I hope that helps. Most companies are pretty reasonable and open for "negotiation" as long as you are also being reasonable.

I also thought this but there is no way to contact for this product. I tried much to find any support link that may help me to contact regarding that domain but failed.

Moreover, I have email proof of cancellation request and I was charged after that cancellation.

How can I contact them?
    HostinPK.com
    [US/UK] Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting
    cPanel/CWP | Softaculous | WHMCS | Dedicated IP | SSL
    We accept PayPal, 2checkout, Credit Cards, and Bank payments

Yahoo Domains - Charged me $34 even I canceled plan

Quote Originally Posted by ModelWebHost View Post
    Moreover, I have email proof of cancellation request and I was charged after that cancellation.

How can I contact them?
    In this case, go ahead and initiate a chargeback, and I'm sure they'll contact you. (Just be sure you don't have any remaining services with them, as the first thing they'll do is lock your account...

EDIT: I see someone found an email address for them. So definitely you should try at least to contact them and give a few days before you initiate a chargeback. Also, their merchant account should have a phone number associated with it, so when you call your bank to initiate the chargeback you could ask if they see any phone number or something that indicates contact info for you to try.
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

The auto renewal on everyone registrar will get you if you don't read through the cancellation properly. That said, I would recommend going through your credit company to get the money back. You didn't authorize such a charge.
    My Site : Chi Chi's Floral [Under Construction - Link Coming Soon!]

Hosted by: Myhosting.com - 10 months and counting!