Advanced Server Colocation

I am trying to find this HE reseller review and not much found in WHT. Has anyone used them ? I read old thread they have issue with support. How is their support nowadays ?
    Taiwan Dedicated Server
    Taiwan, US, UK & Germany XEN Based VPS with RAID 10

I believe Carl is a sales person there, though I don't have his email.

I heard getting things done such as remote hands was inefficient, very slow and not quick to answer a request. And some other stuff. Also be aware there are many power outages in FMT2 I believe some in FMT1 ( I think it's full though). You get what you pay for, you can always go direct with HE.

Haven't heard that name in a while.

Advanced Server Colocation went out of business around the end of 2011; all of the customers were given the opportunity to convert to direct HE customers at the same or better pricing.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 1:23 AM, Ben Kimberlin <[email protected]> wrote:
    Dear Advanced Colocation Customer,

We appreciate the business we have been able to do with your company and have been thankful to be able to provide high quality Colocation and Internet bandwidth services for you.

Unfortunately our company, Advanced Colocation, has to cease business as on November 30th, 2011 and will not be able to provide any additional services beyond this point. The good news is that we have made an agreement with Hurricane Electric so as to offer to provide your services directly from them to you where, in many cases, the terms will be the same as your current Advanced Colocation service plan and cover your existing cabinets and IP address such that you don't have to move your equipment or renumber.

It is my hope to help you transition to Hurricane Electric directly without interruption of service. As a part of setting up your direct service with Hurricane Electric you will need to complete new direct service plan order forms. Please see the contact information below and contact one of the Hurricane Reps listed below who are assigned to help you set this up. They will assist you with the new forms.

It is important that you contact the Hurricane Reps below and complete the direct Hurricane service forms ASAP in order to avoid interruption to your Internet and/or Colocation Services.

Again we appreciate the time wehave had the opportunity to provide service to you. We wish you all the best in the future.

Ben Kimberlin
    Advanced Colocation

Shortly afterward, we got a message from Carl attempting to disavow himself from the wreck that was Advanced colo.

Hi All,

You may have just received an email from Ben Kimberlin of Advanced Colocation, "notice to cease business on November 30th, 2011". I am sending this message in response to that email.

I want to help you continue your Internet and Colocation Services with no interruptions and offer you the very best service options possible.

You may not be aware that I represent multiple service providers located in your Hurricane Electric facility and throughout the Bay Area as an Independent Sales Agent.

You also may not be aware that I'm not, and never have been, an Owner or Employee of Advanced Colocation.

I am here to help you make this happen as easily as possible. Here are some options for you that I can help you with:

1. Continue your Internet and Colocation Services with no interruptions.

2. Get you a better rate.

3. Get better quality uptime.

4. Get better quality 24/7/365 phone and email support from skilled
    support staff.

5. Get you multiple levels of 24/7/365 phone and email support from skilled support staff, previously not offered before.

6. Connect you to better quality hardware.

7. Get you better quality Internet Bandwidth and Colocation.

8. Get you FREE IPv4 and IPv6 address space, even if you have had to pay for it in the past.

Feel free to use me as a resource for ANY or All of these things. I'm here to help you. I work for you, the customer.

Please call me in my office at 510-931-7979 or on my mobile at 510-585-5804.

How can I help you today? What is the best phone number to reach you?

Best Regards,

Carl Clopton
    Colocation and Dedicated Server Sales Engineer

Quite frankly though, they were terrible. We had constant issues with them, and it wasn't *just* HE and the facility, it was crappy equipment that Advanced colo had between their customers and HE's border router that made it worse by providing convenient / annoying finger-pointing between the Ben (who couldn't take responsibility for anything) and HE's NOC. Ben's idea of 24/7 support turned out to be 1 random hour a week when he'd actually reply to an email.

Don't get me wrong, the prices at the time were rock bottom, and it was very helpful when we were a small network, we got what we paid for, which in hindsight turned out not to be worth the pain. Lesson learned.