Another FortaTrust Scam

I was going to buy a server and since a client changed their mind, I cancelled the order within one hour.

Two weeks later, I get a legal notice that I am delinquent. They have charged me two months of service and are threatening legal actions against me.

This order was never activated, a server was never delivered, and they deleted my ticket that I created cancelling the order.

If they never delivered anything, am I really on the hook? To me, no services were ever rendered so it's unclear how I'm on the hook for anything - let alone two months of service.

Quote Originally Posted by GulfsideSoftware View Post
    I was going to buy a server and since a client changed their mind, I cancelled the order within one hour.
    If someone makes an offer that you accept or order, then this is the start of a legally valid agreement. It depends on the TOS you agreed upon, if you can cancel before the order was deployed. Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

A new server costs (if it is not on stock).
    Maybe that why they did this since they ordered the hardware.

Medium to big data centers usually have servers on stock (unless a custom config is ordered) which should not affect them if some one cancels.
    Plus that most of them have 30 days money back.

Btw, did you read their terms before ordering? - Managed dedicated servers, cloud servers and software development.

Yes, but it's unclear why they are billing me for two months.

Actually, I just logged in again and see that they have WHMCS improperly configured. Their cron job is duplicating the outstanding invoice - hence the extra charges. I will see if I can work out that issue.

I'm not familiar with their TOS, but I would think that FortaTrust is probably justified in charging for the initial month. Having said that, I'd still go ahead with the refund of the second month and find another provider - IMO there have been too many issues that their customers have reported here, and with FT being a Panamanian provider, your legal options are probably going to be quite limited if you have issues further down the road.

Hey, I have realized my initial post lacked clarity. Yes, I was more concerned about the second month. Turned out to be a cron issue duplicating things. They have since squared away the billing issue. Thanks!