I have changed the MX records for my domain example.com to point to gmail so that I can use the gmail interface to manage my email eg [email protected]
Can anyone please tell me where I set up the email in gmail? I thought there was a free account option but at this link http://www.google.com/enterprise/apps/business/ there seems to be no free option. So is this not free or have I got the wrong link?
Oh man I wonder when it stopped being free I wouldn't mind paying a bit but I think $5 per month per user is a lot - with a few users on a domain that could soon add up to a few hundred dollars per year. So that is more or less the same as Microsoft Exchange. I am not too bothered about the other Google apps - the main thing I want is just the email address - but I guess that means paying for the whole business apps thing
1. Create an email in your cPanel/DA/whatever you use (example: [email protected])
2. Create a new Gmail account. You can use a current one also (example: [email protected])
3. Create a forward from your step 1 account to go to your step 2 account (example: [email protected] to [email protected])
4. Login to Gmail
5. In the top corner click your email and select Account Settings then Settings beside Gmail
6. Under the Accounts and Import tab select the Send from a different address button
7. Add the name you want to appear and the email address from step 1 then click next and Send through Gmail (easier to set up)
8. They will send an email to that address. Go and confirm it is yours with whatever email account you used to set that up
9. Go back to the Accounts and Import tab. Under that button you clicked earlier you will see "When replying to a message:" select Always reply from default address and select default beside that.
10. You're done
This is a free way and mail sends from their servers with your domain.